The ordinary vitamin c suspension Reviews

July 25, 2018

Unique product

This unique cream acts as a skin renewer, exfoliant, serum in one. Use a pea sized amount or less. There’s a tingle once applied to DRY, just washed skin. The tingle means it’s working, don’t worry. Then I brush my teeth. After two minutes my face is ready for moisturizer. I’ve noticed an improvement in texture, dark spots lightening.
    Such a great price too. Sephora can’t keep it in stock unfortunately, it’s that good of a product.

May 25, 2018

Effective but horrible to use

This product works. I could see results after the first day! But the experience of using it is so awful, I don't think it's worth it. It's gritty, greasy, and it stings after a few uses. There are other effective and less unpleasant Vitamin C options so I've moved on. I'll use this on my hands until I've emptied the product, and won't repurchase.

May 16, 2018

The struggle is worth it!

When I first started using this, it was a struggle, but in the end, I think it's worth it! I first used this alone (after my essence and serums) and it stung. It wasn't too bad but I don't have sensitive skin. To me, that just meant it was doing something. However, my main problem with it is that it pills. If you rub it into your face for too long/rub your face after putting it on it'll peel off into chunks. I've tried mixing it into my serums and moisturizers which helped, but it won't work with everything (it'll curdle). I found that mixing it with something of a similar texture and then adding something with more slip will work best. I mix mine with Clinique's smart serum and then add moisturizer/oil for extra spreadability if I need it. After using this for 2 months, my scars have faded quite a bit! (I also use this in conjunction with alpha arbutin so maybe it's that too!)

2.7/5

March 16, 2018

Easy pass for me

I’m a big fan of the ordinary line of products. Heard good things about this one thought I’d try it. Yes it tingles when it goes on that didn’t bother me. It does turn your hands orange if you don’t wash them after applying. I wanted to love this but after trying for 2 months I just couldn’t get rid of the acne and blackheads that wouldn’t go away. Stopped using and my face returned to normal fairly quickly.

2.0/5

January 28, 2018

Not really my thing

Hmmm not too sure on this. The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension face cream. I’m giving it a good go. I think it’s the culprit for my breakout. It is also a very weird texture and has an odd faint scent. Will have more later.

Updated On: January 28, 2018

Hmmm not too sure on this. The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension face cream. I’m giving it a good go. I think it’s the culprit for my breakout. It is also a very weird greasy, gritty texture and has an odd faint scent. Will have more later.

May 02, 2017

At first when I tried this lotion I wasn't a fan of the gritty texture and it did sting a little. I added a small drop of The Ordinary's rosehip oil and it helped with the texture and the slight sting. I also use the rosehip oil after as well. I noticed a difference in my skin after a week and I am now hooked. My skin is smoother, softer and brighter. I absolutely recommend this product. Just remember a little goes a long way.

3.2/5

April 13, 2017

I was hoping to love this product, but I can't say I do. The formula is very strange, oily and gritty. My usual routine is Vitamin C in the morning and a retinoid at night. Due to the formula, this is a night time only product. It doesn't seem to play well with my other serums and can cause piling. Overall, compared to another Vitamin C serum, the only good thing about this one is the price.

April 05, 2017

In a world where a good vitamin c serum will cost you a min of 100$, The Ordinary released this product for under $10. I did not think a product with that price range could possibly compare to my 100$ serums, boy was I wrong. You need a tiny amount on your fingers and it is good enough for your entire face. You will feel a slight tingle but that is normal and means it is working. This has helped lighten my scars and evened out my skin pigmentation. I will never go back to spending 100$ on a serum again after using this !! well done!

March 17, 2017

I love virtually every other product from the Ordinary line from DECIEM (along with a bunch of their other products from different brands like Fountain) but this one is really meh for me. It feels super oily in a bad way and smells terrible. With anything in this line, you're not going to get any fragrances ...as the name suggests it's just "ordinary" skincare without all the frills. Their active ingredients are amazing, though. I really wanted to like this vitamin c product but it just leaves me feeling too greasy. Go check out virtually any other product and you won't be disappointed...you can't beat the prices either. $5 for a serum, are you kidding!!? AMAZING