TRESemmé® Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo Reviews

2.9/5
Ranked #19 out of 130 in Dry Shampoo

May 30, 2017

This dry shampoo is one of the more affordable brands that actually does what it's supposed to do, which is absorbs oil and odour in between washes. I find that if you spray it on and comb it through it doesn't leave my hair with white residue on it which happens a lot with other dry shampoo. For the price you can't go wrong with this product. I always recommend it to my friends and clients. It also helps add texture to your hair giving it volume.

2.3/5

May 25, 2017

I snagged this on sale and was excited to try it. It smells a little funky and leaves a white residue despite following the instructions and brushing it out. My hair isn't even that dark! It actually felt greasier after using it. I have tried many different brands of dry shampoo and this is by far the worst one. Skip it!

April 14, 2017

I love TRESemmé's Volumizing Shampoo. It smells great and it sucks up all the oil out of my hair making it look clean. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a great dry shampoo.

1.8/5

April 07, 2017

t's probably the worst dry shampoo that I have used. It has a weird aerosol can smell, acts more like a hair spray than dry shampoo. If you want a good dry shampoo batiste is the one.

2.3/5

September 26, 2016

Great smell but does not completely brush out and with dark hair that can be an issue. I find it doesn't do much for hairspray reside and is really only for oil, which isn't a hair concern for me. So might work for girls whose primary concern is oily hair, but doesn't address product build up very well.

September 25, 2016

I'm pleased with this dry shampoo. It has a nice fragrance and it sure helps out on those mornings your running late and don't have time to was your hair, makes your hair look non oily and fresh again.

2.8/5

September 24, 2016

Dry shampoo is a life saver - must have for all modern-women-on-the-go. This volumizing one from TRESemme, unfortunately didn't make the grade. I have fine, dark hair, and while there was some revival on the dry shampoo front, there wasn't much in the way of volume. I actually think this formula weighed me down a bit.

2.7/5

September 24, 2016

In my experience with this product I don't think it was the best for my type of hair (med to thick dark hair) I liked that it took out the oily look and feel but I didn't get much volume out of it. I'm a hairstylist I had used this production one of my at home clients she had thinner hair and not as dark so I liked its effectiveness for using before styling hair for a updo it adds texture and manageability.

September 23, 2016

This is the only dry shampoo I've used. I'm on the hunt to try other dry shampoos out there. The price point is really good when on sale but perhaps it goes on sale because it's not the best. I don't particularly like the smell and it's frustrating trying to get the white stains out of my hair. I have applied the dry shampoo before bed to let it absorb for the next morning and that seems to help. I feel that sometimes it makes my hair look greasier than it did before applying.

September 23, 2016

I have fine, oily, blonde hair and found it worked really well for me. I spray it on and don't brush but massage it through my roots. My hair has lots of body and movement after and no oiliness or white spots. It doesn't feel like thick residue on my hair but nice and light.
    I have tried almost every dry shampoo out there in my search of a perfect dry shampoo and this one is in my top three. Not only does my hair look great and smell great but the price is excellent too. Works better than most of the salon dry shampoos I have tried.