Good

Z Palette Reviews

4.9/5
Ranked #245 out of 543 in Makeup Brushes & Tools

May 02, 2017

Had many people recommend this product to me, I ordered it from sephora and I fell in love. Easily organizes my single pans, only thing I don't like is that it's cardboard but it feels sturdy enough for what's it's intended for.

February 27, 2017

I have literally depotted all my single eyeshadows to put them into my Z palette. I love this concept! It saves room in my makeup collection storage while still letting me hoard more products. I am a makeup fiend after all! Just air on the side of caution when depotting because it can be really easy to gouge a dent in your shadows. Still, it's a great product to save room and even use for travel! I really do recommend it to all the makeup lovers out there!

April 20, 2015

So I have waited so long to get this Z palette, was debating on if it would be something I need, but after failed attempts to make my own Z Palette I finally caved in and bought one off the Z Palette Website. It was so worth it, I was able take all my eyeshadow quad, blushers, and bronzers and put them into this one amazing custom palette.

Updated On: April 20, 2015

Depotted eyeshadows:
    This took some time, for my method (prying method) my $1 eyeshadows did break so have to use another method for that but decided to not included in this Z palette. My Lancome, Maybelline, Revlon, Mary Kay eyeshadows was depotted by the prying method with no major damage, but feel free to depot any way that is comfortable for you. Here are some tips on depotting.

The prying method: You might want to try prying, first, especially if you are afraid to bake. Some pans are easily popped out of plastic containers. This method really depends on the strength and amount of glue used in the container. If you notice a crack in the shadow immediately stop and move onto the next method using heat.

The oven method: Place product on cookie sheet and into oven on low heat, between 200-350 degrees Fahrenheit, for a few minutes until the glue has melted and the packaging surrounding the product melts away from the shadow pan. You can then lift the shadow out with a small knife, tweezers, or spatula and let it cool. Once cooled, remove the excess glue with rubbing alcohol or acetone, place a magnetic adhesive on the bottom (if not sticking), place in Z palette, and voila you are ready to simplify!

The straightening iron method: If the oven method seems a bit scary try using a straightening iron. Place products on bottom plate of iron for a few minutes until the glue holding the shadow pan has warmed up a bit. Then you can lift the shadow out with a small knife, tweezers, or spatula and let it cool. Once cooled, remove the excess glue with rubbing alcohol or acetone, place a magnetic adhesive on the bottom (if not sticking), place in Z palette, and voila you are ready to simplify!

Tips:

If any shadow breakage occurs during this process don't toss your shadows out. You can saturate the shadow by pouring rubbing alcohol on it and use a spatula to smooth it back together. Once the shadow has dried it is ready to use again.

You can use a very fine-tipped permanent marker to write the color name on the actual metal of the pan, or next to the magnet. This saves a lot of guessing in the future!

Legalization

carlyporteous has posted in the forum topic
    WHAT DO YOU USE COCONUT OIL FOR?

Hairstylists