Ten thing you need to know about taking a class at Centre Ring:
• Beginners are welcome (and by beginners I mean people like myself who have never even strapped on a pair of boxing gloves in their lives)
• All the equipment you need is provided (gloves, etc.)- That said I would highly recommend buying your own pair of hand wraps.
• If you have never wrapped your hands before ask for some help - trust me you don’t want to not have your hands protected properly
• The 1hour and 15 minute boxing class is an intense workout which will leave you dripping with sweat
• The class includes a lot of skipping rope intervals which may be painful but are definitely a good cardio workout
• Arm and leg strengthening exercises are included in this workout
• You will get to do some bagwork which is great for working out some frustrations
• The classes I have taken have great music
• To get the full Center Ring experience take a class with the owner, Wayne Bourque, who is a former Canadian champion
• It truly is an all round good workout
Boxing classes are offered daily at Centre Ring throughout the week, so check out their website for more details. Cost is around $20 for the class and you go drop-in. I have taken a number of Saturday classes there and each time I go I wish I went more often. Would probably help me get rid of some frustrations!
These reviews are the subjective opinions of ChickAdvisor members and not of ChickAdvisor Inc.