Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette Reviews

Ranked #23 out of 1137 in Eye Shadow

January 16, 2017

This is the best eyeshadow palette that I have ever purchased! I find myself using it practically everyday! I have no clue what I was doing before this came into my life! It is extremely good quality and highly pigmented.

January 13, 2017

This is a gorgeous palette! Each shade has amazing pigment and they all glide on and blend like a dream! The brush it comes with is super fluffy and makes blending super easy and all of the shades are very flattering!

January 07, 2017

Once I bought this palette, I threw all of my other eyeshadows away. I mean, this has everything I need. I don't do bold eye colors, I'm too old for that now. And I'm black, so these shades fall into my neutral zone.

Pros
    They apply like a dream and have great color payoff! I always use eye primer, so I can't speak for how they work without it. They blend easily, but maybe not completely foolproof for beginners. There is something for everyone in this palette. And it's a good, well thought out mix of matte and simmer shades.

Cons
    While I haven't noticed ANY fallout (BIG pro), even gently touching my brush to the shadow cause a LOT of loose powder to form, that we will all inevitability blow away because we don't need THAT much product on such a small area. While I'd rather see that loose mess in the palette rather than on my cheeks, it still seems very wasteful to me. The darkest shade is a bit hard to blend, but that could definitely be user error, and not necessarily am issue with the product itself

January 05, 2017

My first surprise came upon opening the dusty rose box. I have to say I am not a big fan of pink color in anything, but this color really gives it a romantic feel. What I didn’t expect is the velvet packaging of the palette. It is stunning!

The palette contains 14 eye shadows. They are mostly matte, with a few fine shimmers/metallics. Colors range from neutrals to pinks/berry and earth/orange tones. A double-ended shadow brush is included. It’s soft, and I love the small side of it, while the bigger side is a bit too puffy for me.

I finger swatched the shadows - they are very pigmented, so much that I had to rub hard with a face wipe to get swatches off my arms.

All types of shadows are included: transition, highlight, liner, crease. This makes this palette perfect to travel with. You can get an array of looks, from natural to smoky, from day to evening wear.

Since the palette contains mostly matte shadows, I have to focus on them. They are unlike any other mattes I have ever tried. They apply very smoothly, not patchy when applied, even over a primer, and they blend really well.

A tip I got from a girl at Sephora: Vermeer and Primavera can be used as nice face highlighters. I didn’t try this, but swatches show that they would work for my skin tone and that would make this palette even more travel-friendly.

November 24, 2016

I had never purchased an Anastasia eye shadow palette or any singles before and after i bought this one i fell in love, compared to my usual too faced chocolate bar palette this one is even more blendable and all the colours are so beautiful and easy to create any look with

November 03, 2016

Palette de haute qualité. Les fards sont de très bonne qualité, pigmenté et facile à travailler sur les yeux. Beau choix de couleurs de jour et de soirée.

November 03, 2016

I've never bought anything from Anastasia Beverly Hills. I had heard amazing things about this palette, and had heard that it was hard to get, but I procured mine easily from the Sephora website.

The palette is beautiful. The outside is a very pale, dusty pink shade, and the fabric feels like a sort of velvet or velour. It does show smudges easily, but I keep my fingers very clean, so I don't think this will be a problem for me personally. The inside has a very nice-sized mirror as well as a dual-ended brush -- one side is a sort of fluffy blending brush for the crease, and the other can be used to pack colour on the lid or smudge colour along the lash line. The bristles are very soft, however I don't find that the brush performs as well as some of the others in my collection -- and my brushes are drugstore brands.

The eyeshadow colours range from neutral to warm. There are fourteen shades in total, and because it is the Modern Renaissance palette, the shades are named after famous artists. Here, I have a brief description of each shade:

Tempera: The palest colour in the palette, it's a sort of the palest peach you can imagine. It's one of the ultra-matte shades and works well as a brow-bone highlight on my skintone.

Golden Ochre: Ultra-matte. This is a soft sort of sand colour, kind of like the shade of sandy blonde hair. When I wore a blonde wig on Halloween, I actually used this shade to tone down the darkness in my brows.

Vermeer: Satin. This is the palest of champagne shimmers, and works well on the lid or as an inner corner highlight. It's really, really beautiful.

Buon Fresco: Ultra-matte. This shade reminds me of the outside of the palette because it, too, is a very pale dusty pink. It's definitely a cool-toned pink, but it complements the warmer pinks very nicely.

Antique Bronze: Satin. This is sort of a purple brown, or a maroon. It works really nicely with Buon Fresco, or with some of the browns in here. It pulls more brown or purple depending on what you pair it with.

Love Letter: Ultra-matte. This is a really rich, berry pink shade. You can create some more dramatic looks with this because it's so deep in colour.

Cyprus Umber: Ultra-matte. This is a dark brown, neither too cool or too warm. You can build up to a nice smoky eye by pairing this with some of the other browns, or even pair it with some pinks.

Raw Sienna: Ultra-matte. This is a good transition shade for light to medium skin tones because it's not too dark, and it's very buildable. It's a good neutral shade to build around.

Burnt Orange: Ultra-matte. This is also a good transition shade, but compared to Raw Sienna it's much more warm in tone. This is good if you're planning on working with some of the warmer tones in the palette later.

Primavera: Satin. Similar to Vermeer, but with a touch more of a golden undertone to it. Another good one for all over the lid or as an inner corner highlight.

Red Ochre: Ultra-matte. A dark red-brown, sort of a dark rust colour. It's stunning! Looks good with browns, oranges, or both.

Venetian Red: Satin. At first I wasn't sure, but there's definitely some very fine glitter in this shade, whereas the other satin shades are just shimmer. This is definitely a fine glitter. It's more red than Love Letter, and less brown than Red Ochre, but works well with both.

Warm Taupe: Ultra-matte. Another transition shade, but this one is very cool-toned, despite its name, especially next to the other transitions in this palette.

Realgar: Ultra-matte. If I described Red Ochre as a sort of dark rust colour, then this is a true rust. It's orangey-toned, through and through. It's very unique and very wearable.

All of these shades perform wonderfully. They're all smooth, pigmented, and blendable. They do kick up some dust, but that's only because they're so soft and pigmented; the softer the shadow, the more kick-up you'll have. That's actually a good thing! If you're mindful of only picking up a small amount on your brush at a time, and always tapping off the excess, you shouldn't have any problems. This is the perfect palette.

November 03, 2016

I loveee this palette! I bought it mainly for the 2 burgundy/cranberry shades, but honestly I love all the colours! They blend out so nicely and extremely pigmented! I highly recommend!

September 30, 2016

This is quickly becoming one of my most used palettes. The shades in the palette aren't like the common nude shades that are in many palettes. While it does consist of some basic shades for an everyday look, it's not difficult to venture out and create more bold looks. I'm not a big fan of the kick up of the shadows each time I use the palette but the pigmentation and how easy it is to blend makes up for it.

September 26, 2016

This palette is sooooo good! Of you like pink,red and warm eyeshadows you can't go wrong. The formula is amazing so creamy, pigmented and they blend so well ! This is my favourite eyeshadow palette. I totally recommend it !!