Good

Bob's Red Mill Products Reviews

Ranked #138 out of 237 in Dietary Supplements, Nutrition

July 26, 2016

I totally love the ''Bob's Red Mill'' products!! I always buy the Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oat and the Gluten Free Pancake Mix and both are delicious!! I'll keep buying these products for sure!!

February 17, 2016

I only use Bob's Red Mill Products because they are Gluten-Free and Wheat-free. I use the Biscuit & Baking Mix and the Flaxseed the most. These All Natural Products are easy to digest without the bloating I get from eating wheat. Stone ground White Rice and Garbanzo Bean Flours> Xanthan Gum and Sea Salt.

October 24, 2014

Just started eating their High Fiber Cereal and absolutely love it, I used to eat their plan oat bran but decided to switch to this to increase my fiber intake. As winter is approaching I like having this warm cereal in the morning with a banana and some cinnamon, I do substitute the suggested water with 1% organic milk and it makes a lovely nutritional breakfast. Has almost half your daily intake of fiber in one serving. Would recommend to everyone as a healthy breakfast choice. PS. If you're not used to having your cereal unsweetened, try adding half to one teaspoon of brown sugar, this is how I started out eating all my unsweetened breakfast cereal/oatmeals and now I have even cut out the sugar to make it even more healthy.

May 28, 2014

Highly recommend any of these products the quality is that good.

August 27, 2013

Bob’s Red Mill is a company that has been dedicated to providing stone ground gluten-free oats, cereals and flours to its consumers for 30 years, using dedicated fields, production lines and numerous testing before and after packaging and have been around since the mid 60′s!

ShortBread Cookies

I love baked goodies, but am a better cook than a baker unfortunately, so I’m very happy to have gluten-free products available to me that don’t need 4 different kinds of flour, 3 different starches and all kinds of other ingredients to keep it together, not readily available to me! Bob’s produces the goodie mixtures I like; add an egg, a bit of water and BAM, you’ve got cookies ;) This was exactly what it was like with their shortbread cookie mix, I needed to add an egg yolk, 3/4 of a cup of butter and a few tablespoons of water (I added vanilla as well). I tried rolling out the dough and using cookie cutters which unfortunately didn’t work for me, I suggest using wax paper as mine kept sticking and falling apart! I loved that they looked exactly as a shortbread cookie my wife would make and tasted very close as well. I divided my dough in 2 batches and added cinnamon to 1 batch for a different taste, even the gluten eaters loved them! This is an excellent product for people newly diagnosed with gluten intolerance or Celiac disease, tastes very good, no crumbly texture and is very versatile when it comes to adding other flavorings. Even my son enjoyed it.

Gluten Free Quick Cooking Oats

When I was diagnosed with Celiac, I was told that I was able to eat oats but only if they were of the purest form. Now I’m not one for oatmeal but occasionally a bowl is good with cinnamon and brown sugar, and we can’t forget the oh so yummy apple crisp and crumble! So I’m glad to have been given the opportunity to review Bob’s Red Mill’s gluten-free quick oats. These do have to be cooked as they are quick not instant! Big surprise I’m going to tell you I had a bowl with cinnamon and brown sugar and was surprised to find that they tasted exactly like regular oatmeal. Unfortunately for me they did cause me a slight bit of discomfort, I would definitely recommend them to someone with gluten intolerance, but suggest that people with Celiac try them at their own discretion!

All purpose flour

One thing I’m grateful for is that I’m able to find flour mixtures that are ready for use, Bob’s makes numerous different kinds of flours and an all-purpose mix is 1 of them. Unfortunately with this they suggest that you use Xanthan gum, which is a bit scarce in our area but with searching I was able to find some :) I like the fact that this flour has a 1:1 ratio, very simple for converting recipes to a gluten-free one. There are endless possibilities to do with flour, I’m thinking of trying to make my own breaded for chicken strips and such, I’ll keep you posted on how that one turns out :) I used a recipe from my mom and made some cinnamon buns. Again was surprised at how great they tasted! There’s no crumbly/gritty texture to it and the buns came out nice and soft, definitely worth trying this!!.

Cinnamon Raisin Bread Mix

I couldn’t believe the size of the raisins in this mixture! When they said that there are “plump” raisins, they weren’t kidding! As with most bread, I had to add yeast and let it rise for a good half hour before baking, which was conveniently included with the mixture :) I love the way this bread tastes, I personally like toast with a cinnamon/sugar mixture (something from my childhood) and this adds to the deliciousness. It’s just like I would have bought it from the store, but does have the consistency of banana bread (heavy), either way it was yummy to me :)

All in all, I was very impressed with the products from Bob’s Red Mill and would recommend that you try them for yourself! If you do be sure to let me know what you think ;) I will definitely be purchasing more products from this company in the future!