Amazing
Good

Chocolate Chip Muffins by Janice on AllRecipes.com Reviews

1 review
Ranked #25 out of 26 in Recipes

Taste

Easy to Make

Easy to Customize

April 21, 2016

This is my first time reviewing a recipe, but I love that ChickAdvisor has the option. I am reviewing Chocolate Chip Muffins by user Janice on AllRecipes.com, link below.

I was searching for a quick and simple chocolate chip muffin recipe to make for my boyfriend when I came across this one. The directions were simple, ingredients were manageable, and overall prep and cook time short. After gathering my ingredients, I began to mix the batter as directed. Now, this was my first time making muffins, but I realized immediately that something wasn't right. The batter was very, very thick and sticky - not like a thick cake batter as it should have been, but more like raw cookie dough! I added an egg and some milk, as advised by my Mom who is a baker, and the batter was still not quite right. Comments on the original recipe mentioned the same issue - and solution!

I managed to scoop the batter in to cups for baking, though, and decided to go with it. The photos from the recipe looked delicious, and I was already this far in. The recipe says to liberally sprinkle a mixture of 3TBSP white sugar/2TBSP brown sugar atop each cup. Bake time was 20-25 minutes, and I set a timer for checking at 10 and 15 minutes in. I am so glad I did - because the thick batter baked and rose so quickly that I pulled them out fully baked at 13 minutes!

I served fresh and warm as suggested and my boyfriend gave his approval! Overall they were tasty, but two things deterred me from this recipe: the muffins caramelize to the wrappers due to the sugary sprinkle, and the next day are very rubbery.

I think there are better alternatives, but these were fun to make - and eat if you microwave with butter to soften them to an edible consistency.