Color Oops Extra Strength Color remover Reviews

Ranked #217 out of 258 in Hair Colour

February 25, 2016

I have been dying my hair every color on the shelf for years at home. I bleached my hair approximately 4 months ago after being a violet head and it came out a very brassy orange blonde. I used my go to cover up (jet black) a week after. I have been trying for about a month and a half now to find a way to lighten my hair without the ammonia / bleach again. Thanks to Color Oops Extra Strength, my hair came out a lighter shade brown, not too light at all. At the moment I am debating re dying I like the turnout.

August 30, 2015

After dying my hair Copper Red for a few months I decided to go back to my natural colour, brown. I saw this, read reviews and decided to give it a try. Sadly, I was very disappointed. I followed the directions, rinsed and washed my hair with a clarifying shampoo at least four times (was in the shower for 30 minutes) and had very little colour removed. My hair was still red, maybe a shade lighter.

My hair was incredibly dry after using it but thankfully a few hair masks later it recovered its moisture levels. My hair also stank for half the week, when my hair was wet it was even worse.

This product was definitely not worth it for me. Perhaps it would work better on darker hair but after my experience I'm skeptical. If you buy this also buy another box of dye just in case it doesn't work.

February 24, 2015

I Am a natural blonde and I dec to colour my hair Auburn Red. I absolutely hated it and I did want to bleach my hair so I tried Color Oops. And within 20 minutes my hair was back to it's original color, I am so happy I would deffinetly recommended this product to anyone who has a hair color problem, and don't want to do the drastic bleach. Love it Love it Love it.

September 09, 2014

I just used Color Oops last night. My hair was dyed to blackest black. I didn't want to bleach my hair out because of how damaging it can be on your hair.

The Color Oops worked really well. It took all of the black out. The only thing is, now I have really light roots and the rest of my hair is a slightly darker shade. It's not a huge deal because I plan on re-dying it anyway, but thought it's something I should mention.

July 18, 2012

I bought this product to remove a dark purple red i had been wearing in my hair for over a year. I thought for a drugstore brand that it would remove it a bit but not fully with its price. Well i was wrong! I saturated my very long hair with just one bottle because it was so fluid to apple. I left it in for 30 mins (it says 20 but i thought my hair is usually resistant to any kind of lightening products so i might need an extra 10) Afterwards i scrubbed, rinsed fully twice with a good shampoo and now it's a nice dirty blond colour with no reds what so ever. .I can now apply the colour I really want! Needless to say I'm really happy with this product.

Updated On: August 06, 2012

EDIT: And my hair feels super soft, healthy. Not like when you use bleach to remove and end up with fried ends etc and hard to manage hair.