Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Overnight Peel Reviews

Ranked #418 out of 558 in Masks

February 14, 2017

Product is great and definitely work on my dark spots I see them lightning up I'm not as much is a more expensive brand although this is more like a drugstore brand but it does work for the price I paid for it

October 25, 2016

Started to use this product after it promised to get rid of dark spots. The price was okay, on average for Garnier products, but it was mostly ineffective for my skin. I have acne scarring since high school, and after using the ENTIRE bottle, it's unfortunate to say, this product did nothing for my scarring. It's water based so it goes on pretty smooth and absorbs pretty fast; it does leave your skin with some 'peeling' effect, but nothing that actually made a difference in the scarring issue. Won't be using it again.

April 04, 2016

There are dark spots and then there are dark spots. This product is targetting the more superficial ones with brightening topical Vit C and a mild glycolic for skin turn-over. It has a light gel texture that doesn't feel heavy or greasy on my skin - and won't clog pores since it's non comedogenic. I can feel a light layer of product on my skin - but I don't mind this. You wear it overnight - and continue for at least a month (since our facial skin cells have a monthly turnover) to see fresher looking, clearer skin. The results are smoother skin-feel, less visible pores, and slightly improved skin tone. What I like best is that it decongests my acne-prone skin. It would also be a great 'boost' for the neck and decollatage as a one-month inexpensive treatment. Obviously this is a very mild gylcolic; not even in the same ball park as the high-percentage acid glycolic peels and laser treatments for dark marks ... those need medical professionals.

March 25, 2016

Just got this product and am liking it! I haven't seen great improvement yet but I feel like my face feels fresher in the morning. I also like that it is a gel so it isn't super heavy and dries quickly.

July 08, 2015

product is good and works ok not my favorite

April 20, 2015

I've been using this product every night for 2 month. It does not do miracles but it is a decent product. It does nor break you out. The texture is good, Smells fresh. I have not noticed major improvements on my dark spots but the weird thing is it seems lighten some of the skin adjacent to dark spots a little bit. Is it make the dark spots more noticeable?

I still have half bottle left. Let's see how it goes. I may have to reedit this comment when I use up this bottle.

1.5/5

January 27, 2015

Used this product to try to get rid of the dark spots and discoloration on my face. I used this product religiously for 6 months and did not see any effects.

November 26, 2014

I have a love-hate relationship with my skin. I want to love it, but the coloring makes me hate it.

I’ve been told it’s sun damage and it will go away when I stop getting sun. But that didn’t work. I’ve been told it’s due to hormones, but after a hysterectomy and a year with no estrogen, that didn’t work either. I’m sure some of it is scarring, but that’s not causing the brown spots.

I’ve gotten advise from other women who have had professional chemical peels, but I’m afraid to use something so harsh on my face and they cost a lot of money if you want to go to a reputable doctor. So, I haven’t done anything about it. That is until I got this opportunity.

I used the Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Peel every night after I had washed my face with the Neutrogena bar soap. Every morning, after I washed my face with the Neutrogena soap, I used Neoteric Cosmetics’ Alpha-Hydrox Enhanced Cream 10% Glycolic AHA Anti-wrinkle before I put on my makeup. I can match up the patching from the before photo to the patching on the after photo.

It’s my opinion that the Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Peel DOES NOT do what it advertises. I will continue to use my bottle because I have so much left and I will correct this statement should I be proven wrong, but I would not spend the money on product that doesn’t deliver.

September 09, 2014

pretty good product but I wouldn't buy again

August 08, 2014

This product saved me! Although it's not an overnight miracle, it works gradually over time to fade dark spots and renew the skin's natural radiance. I apply it at night, and it doesn't feel heavy or pore-clogging. It also smells very pleasant, and the pump is a very convenient, sanitary dispenser. Quite inexpensive compared to high-end dark spot correctors, and this one is just as (if not, more) effective than those. Must buy!