Imju Fiberwig Mascara Reviews

Ranked #601 out of 776 in Mascara

Engineered to create the perfect lashes with twice the amount of micro-fine interconnecting fibers, the instant drying formula creates a long lasting film coat around your natural lashes. Fiberwig imparts a perfect, smudge-proof maximum lash extension effect with a water-resistant formula that's easy to remove with warm water, without risking damaging or losing your natural lashes.

November 02, 2015

My favorite mascara. Purchased it in Seoul so I can't remember the exact price. It came with underlash mascara as well. When I wear this I never end up with racoon eyes at the end of the day. I have very short fine asian lashes that go downward with a monolid. This product is good at grabbing all the tiny hairs and adding volume and length without getting too clumpy and looking like spider legs.

March 28, 2012

I can't say anymore great things about this mascara! Best random purchase I made back in university. I've already used this mascara for at least 6 years or so and can't go back to using something else. All of the mascaras I've tried have eventually smudged on me, even the infamous Majolica Majorca mascaras. However, this is the only one that stays put.
It's got little fibers inside to help lengthen and slightly volumize the lashes, totally sweat and oil proof and waterproof. The funny thing is, if you use warm water to gently massage the mascara, it comes right off without the use of eye makeup remover. Although not super huge on volume and length, I find that applying 2 coats is the perfect amount, but if I want more drama then I'd add false lashes.
I usually purchase this on an online shop from Hong Kong, so it is much cheaper than Sephora, which sells for I believe $31CAD?

August 23, 2011

I read about this long ago. Then on a trip to New York I bought it. It went from anticipation to excitement to disappointment. It’s your average mascara – I don't do average. And adding insult to injury, it comes at a premium price. It dries quickly which is a plus, but it's lash extension effect wasn't as effective as they tout it to be.

If it wasn’t from Asia, I’d hate it. (I never said I wasn’t biased, I can be.) I believe that Asians make quality make-up and have some of the most innovative products out there, sometimes, obviously not always.

December 26, 2010

I love this mascara! Imju Fiberwig was developed in Japan. The great thing about Fiberwig is that it actually has real fibers that bond to your eyelashes. You can easily amplify the drama with a few strokes, so going from daytime to happy hour is very easy.
I use one to two coats for a daytime look, this darkens my lashes as well as adds some length. When it is time to go out for drinks, I use an additional two to three coats, this makes false lash wearers envy my lashes! It is so easy to build your lashes to any desired length.
A few more pluses:
-Easily removed with just water
-Eyelashes stay soft, never hard or crunchy
-No clumps!
-No flaking and rubbing off !

The only down side is that it only comes in black.

On a side note there is a new formula out DJV Fiberwig XL... I like the original better!

August 16, 2010

I love fiberwig on a lazy day because i absolutely hate oily makeup removers
hence, any makeup that only requires soap and water to remove makes me happy!

I love how fiberwig comes off with just hot water
although it tends to straighten out the curls in my lashes when i apply it, it does significantly add length to my lashes

fiberwig is great for every day use
but I would go for others on special days where i need not just length, but volume and curls as well

in Vancouver, fiberwig is being sold for $31, which is too overpriced!
my friend got it in japan for me for $15...
i would not spend $31 for this >_>

September 07, 2009

i really didnt care for this product at all..... because of the fibers in the mascara it always feels like there is something in your eye....plus it doesnt give you as much volume and it doesnt last long at all.

September 16, 2008

My lashes are thin and short, I guess I expected miracles from this product since it is called "Paint on False Lashes". I was disappointed, I felt I could have done better with a $3 tube of Mabelline.

August 29, 2008

I am obsessed with this mascara, its amazing, the legnth it gives my lashes is so fabulous it looks thike im wearing false lashes! it definitely takes some getting used to and you have to get the tecnique down pat, but once you do your lashes will be longer that you ever thought possible!
now go to your nearest sephora or sephora.com and but it =)

January 20, 2008

For years, I've suffered with mascara that always ends up on my face and not on my lashes. No matter what I used, I had raccoon eyes by the end of the day. My best friend visited a Sephora and explained my plight. The clerk recommended Fiberwig mascara.

Essentially it's like fake eyelashes in a tube. There are actual fibers in the mascara which elongate your lashes. Plus, it's super easy to wash off, unlike the many waterproof mascaras I had been using. When you wash it off, you can actually remove the fibers with your fingers. I don't know how to explain it except that since I've been using it, I no longer suffer from mascara mishaps and my eyelashes are full.

The only downside is that a tube of fiberwig doesn't seem to last as long as "regular" mascara. The fibers start to clump up on both the brush and lashes. Once that happens, it's time to buy a new tube.

September 08, 2007

This is the most interesting and expensive mascara I have ever bought. It is one of the best selling mascaras in Japan, I just had to try it!

It supposed to be like painting on fake lashes. I didn't get this at first, and it took me a little while to get used to the consistency of the product. What it does is as you build layers with the brush, new lashes are forming on top of your own lashes... no joke!

The most funny and scary thing was when I took it off at night with eye make up remover. The entire line of lahes just came off, I thought my own lashes were falling off... and I freaked out!

Some things I didn't like was that I found that a few of my own lashes came out. Maybe just like 1 or 2. Also, it didn't lengthen them as much as I wanted them too. But even still, there was a noticeable difference in my lashes.

What I did like however, is how it never runs or flakes off... and also that it is so easy to remove it with eye make up remover.

I think that a rule of thumb with mascara is that if you choose to spend a lot of money on it, then you must really really love it. Mascara needs to be chucked every 3 months anyways... I think everyone woman who chooses to buy high end mascara has to ask herself:

Is it really worth it?

I dunno you think about it. Next time I am gonna try DiorShow or Kiss me. :)