Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant Reviews

Ranked #204 out of 414 in Deodorant/Anti-perspirant

1.5/5

October 02, 2016

I decided to buy this deodorant in hopes it would give me the protection I needed. I found for the price it wasn't worth it at all. It smells lovely but t was just like the cheap brands I have been buying that I don't fund are very effective.

October 01, 2016

This product is the best deodorant that I've found since switching from antiperspirant, which contains aluminum. The scent is a light vanilla and the company has a few other variations.

September 10, 2016

I really wanted to love this product. I had been looking for an organic/natural deodorant for quite some time so I was happy when I came across this one in sephora. I tried it the next day and to my disappointment it really was not effective at all! I had brought it with me and throughout the day I had to keep reapplying it (and I must have doen so about 4 times!). Keeping in mind that I had never had this problem before with my drugstore deodorant (i.e. dove), I had to put this product aside, mark it as a fail, and my quest continues for a competent non-toxic deodorant.

March 15, 2016

I had been on the hunt for a good quality natural deodorant for a while and decided to pick this one up at my local Sephora. I bought "vanilla snowberry" - which smells like vanilla and berries. Smells really nice, and worked quite well! No wetness or stinkiness...which is something I'm always worried about when I buy these natural deodorants.

The small travel size cost me $10, which is really expensive for A) deodorant in general, and B) of the tiny size. I decided to take the hit though as if it didn't work, it wouldn't be a huge loss.

I don't think I will buy this again though for the simple fact that my friend who bought the same product broke out into a huge rash. Doesn't happen to everyone but it still scared me off!

October 06, 2015

The effectiveness is really good, but the scent is nothing special and the actual product breaks apart with every use. For the height of the price is should last and work much better than it does. Ratio of container to product doesn't balance, and especially when chunks fall off it makes the value even worse. There are many better aluminum free deods out there.

May 01, 2015

It works really good, for an aluminum-free deodorant. I was pleased with how long it lasted, and that my pits didn't have that funky stank by the end of the day. I purchased the pure vanilla scent. I found it was a little more musky than I had expected. But, I prefer the smell of girly candy-scented crap from the drugstore. I purchased this deodorant because I was looking for something healthier and more natural than drug-store brands. Overall, I was very pleased with how well this natural deodorant works. I will be purchasing this again, but probably in a different scent.

Updated On: May 01, 2015

*update: After reading everyone else's reviews, I should probably mention that I'm not a "sweaty" person. ie, I don't always need to wear deodorant if I'm just lounging or having a relax day. If I'm going out in the sun/exercise I'll put some on beforehand, but I rarely get moist armpits unless I'm really physically active.

January 26, 2015

This stuff works well and smells great. I love that it's natural. But it is kinda pricy. I was able to get it on sale a few times and I would buy it again if I could find another sale but I think I'm on the search for something else a bit cheaper.

November 10, 2014

I was on the search for an aluminum free deodorant, since hearing about the harm of putting aluminum on your skin. This was one of the first I tried. I got the smaller sample size, which was still almost $15! I got the grapefruit scented one. It smells absolutely delicious, but unfortunately, it's the worst deodorant I've ever used in my life. If I miss a day, I don't smell bad. I may sweat a bit, but I never have that BO smell. With this deodorant on, within an hour I just STUNK. I don't know if it was a bad chemical reaction with my sweat, but holy smokes, it was vile. I almost smelled like extremely strong chlorine mixed with just plain awful. I gave it an honest go for about a week or two, then had to stop using it, because every day it was just the same thing. I looked up reviews and apparently I'm not the only one that has experienced this!

October 19, 2014

After finding out how harmful the inclusion of aluminum is in antiperspirants, I began searching for a natural deodorant to use instead. I tried a few other brands first and then I discovered Lavanila -- and now it's been my go-to deodorant for the past couple of years! One thing to remember is that it's a deodorant and NOT an antiperspirant -- so you will still sweat while wearing this, which is actually better for you anyway, because it's one of your body's ways of flushing out toxins. Also, it does feel a bit wet when you first apply it, but that has never bothered me -- I quickly got used to it after a couple applications. I love the variety of scents that the company offers; I've tried quite a few of them but my current favourite is their Vanilla Grapefruit scent. I find that it keeps me smelling fresh, and doesn't enhance body odour like some other natural deodorants I've tried in the past have!! I even use it when I go to my hot yoga classes and it keeps me smelling great! I really love that it's an all natural product and that the company does not test on animals -- it makes me feel great about purchasing from this company! I also love that it does not contain any petrochemicals, phthalates, propylene glycol, mineral oils, silicone, synthetic dyes, sulfates, or parabens! I really love that instead of putting harmful chemicals into my body after shaving and opening my pores I know that I'm using a carefully crafted, all natural product. The only major downsides are the fact that it's not available in drugstores (I buy it from Sephora) and the price -- it is quite a jump from drugstore deodorant prices! I really wish it wasn't so expensive, but for me the pros definitely outweigh the cons. :)

July 24, 2014

After switching up my deodorant several times and finding that they didn't always have lasting powers, even switching to Old Spice for a month or two because the scent was delicious, I ordered this product in "Vanilla Summer" through the Sephora website and haven't regretted it ever since it came in the mail! The scent is very fresh, fruity, and of course vanilla-like as expected. It goes it nearly clear, a little more damp that other dry stick deodorants, but it dries within seconds and protects against any sort of unwanted bodily scents all through the day. The only semi-downside is the price. It's definitely most than your average drugstore deodorants, but for its effectiveness I would rank it up there with the clinical strength products! A definite recommendation if you can get your hands on it.

MissNinja has posted in the forum topic
The unwanted

MissNinja has posted in the forum topic
Chick Advisor cosmetic Bag

laura2423 has posted in the forum topic

ChooChooLi added a new review for
dove body soap

salaslm added a new review for
Ergo Baby Carrier