Loreal root cover up Reviews

Ranked #51 out of 258 in Hair Colour

October 10, 2016

Officially one of my favourite products to use! Not that I've tried it, I feel like I can't live without it. It covers up my roots perfectly (I use the colour black). Not only does it blend in wonderfully, it actually makes my hair look thicker. Now it's not a thickening product, but when applied to my roots, it covers a bit of my scalp in the product, instantly making my hair look fuller. My only complaint is that it has a very matte finish, so if your hair is naturally very shiny, you do have to try to brush it out a bit to make it look more natural.

September 25, 2016

This stuff was disastrous for me, the Colorado didn't quite match and it was sticky and smelled yucky. I find that they don't have enough tones to choose from to accurately match your roots and I wish that it didn't rub off on everything. I put on my shirt after applying this product and the color transferred all over my shirt. I will not be buying this product again ever.....

September 25, 2016

Root Cover |Up is ok, I didn't like how your hair feels dry and sticky once applied. Found it to be difficulty to apply around the temples and was messy to work with.

May 11, 2016

I was excited to try Loreal's Root Cover Up. I am a first time mom who colours her own hair. Sometimes, I don't have time or I'm too busy to take care of my roots. Root Cover Up is a great idea, spray on temporary product to conceal roots. I love the can's teal colour, it's cute and user friendly. Just shake, spray and let dry, and poof! Roots covered up!

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if they made it to cover *just* grays, because it does almost nothing to my roots. My hair is naturally black, with some gray here and there and coloured light brown. I chose Light to Medium Brown, and my hair matches the colour on the can. When sprayed on, the product just makes my hair feel gummy. It does not conceal my black roots at all. It only seems to coat it in a slightly lighter colour, nothing like the colour on the can.

I really, really wanted to like to Root Cover Up, as it would definitely make my hair look better in between colouring. Sad to say, it did not work for me.

I received this product for free in exchange for an honest review from Influenster.

May 10, 2016

So I will start out saying that I received this to review and I am a light blonde without graying hair, but I was sent a Dark Blonde Root Cover Up. My 3 star review does not reflect that I do not have grey roots and I was sent a darker color than my current hair.

PROS - I love the easy application! It is very basic with the, 'hold 10cm away and spray on roots' directions. - It covers your roots with a small amount so this 57g can will probably last you until you get the time to touch up your roots with a permanent or demi dye, even if you use this once a day. - It has a 'cooling' effect and made my scalp feel great. -Even if you do not have grey roots, you can make an awesome and easy ombre effect with this spray. Just buy a spray that's 1 level darker than your hair, and spray from the roots to midway down your hair to blend. Instant dark to light ombre! (As seen in my photo.) - It's overall pretty inventive. I wanted to buy this each time I saw it just because of the easy application, but I never succumbed to the urge because I don't have grey roots. That's saying something if I wanted to purchase it even if I didn't need it.

CONS - I don't feel like they have enough colors for blondes or reds; they have a Dark Blonde and a Light Blonde and one Red. I did receive the Dark Blonde and I do not have grey roots, but I tried this spray on my already ombre hair. I have dark brown roots growing in, almost platinum color after my roots, and my platinum blonde goes into light, then dark 'sandy' blonde. The L'Oreal Dark Blonde Root Cover Up made my hair way darker on all colors of my hair, except for my roots. The spray actually matched my dark brown roots, and made my hair dark brown, not blonde. I do not feel like this spray is Dark Blonde because it does not look like the color on the label or the color chart.

- This is pretty much a hairspray with a chalk type color in it that can rub off on you. When fixing my hair and putting it in a side braid, I did get product on my fingers that resembled brown chalk. I also took a tissue after wearing for 7 hours and still easily rubbed off product from my hair. I would not wear this in your hair to bed, because it will most likely rub off onto your pillow.

- The smell is quite pungent and not in a good way. It has a very odd 'burnt' smell to it. Thankfully, this does go away after about 10 minutes.

- I wore this for a 6 hour work day and by the end of my day my hair was a bit lighter, but still brown. It also had a matte quality to it by then and you could easily tell that I had a coloured spray on my hair.

All in all I would recommend this product to someone who was in a bad spot and needed a quick fix. I wouldn't use this for more than two weeks, only for when you all the sudden have grays coming in and need a quick fix before you make the real root touch up. I would also recommend this to people with black hair, brown hair, and dirty blond hair, not light blonde or red hair.

May 09, 2016

Root coverup is amazingly easy to use in a snap. I tried red and it covers my greys like magic in between coloring. No staining or problems. And the little bottle goes a long way. Brilliant

May 05, 2016

i got to try this product free from #influenster
This is a great root touch up product for in between coloring your hair. There was almost no odor, and it dries really quickly!!!
i tried the dark brown color, and the coverage was seamless!

May 05, 2016

I had last minute drinks with the girls last night and, as usual, I wanted to look my best - but I had some greys showing. I remembered I received this product from Influenster and decided to give it a try. This product is great for this type of situation (maybe no so much for long-term everyday use). worked well in matching my natural colour. Its very easy to use without much mess. (My boyfriend also wanted to use it to cover up the greys in his beard!)

April 24, 2016

I was given this product in this months free trial giveaway.

Although I don't have root growth, I do have natural greys. I tried the product on my Gray hairs, applying it more like a dry shampoo/spot cover up than a root cover up.

It didn't work on my Gray's at all. It's a very pigmented, chalky spray, so I'm sure if you're using it only at the root of your hair it would be more effective.

I will say it is very chalky and came off on my fingertips quite easily, so I'm not too sure about its staying powder.

Based on my experience with Gray coverage (it didn't work at all) I'd say this is more for colour difference root growth, as opposed to Gray growth.