Loreal root cover up Reviews

Ranked #16 out of 287 in Hair Colour

February 27, 2017

I recommend using this only because its the only root touch-up of its kind that I can easily find. It's definitely easy to use, and handy to have on hand when you need a touch-up in a serious rush. I have extra-light blonde colored hair though, and dark blonde roots. I had to use a lot to cover my roots, and that is why I don't think it's the greatest value. ( until you have somewhere to be, and no time to fix your roots!!). It DOES work, just not as easily as I had hoped.

February 22, 2017

Love this product! Lasts longer than other products. I only have to use it every 5 months other than other brands that would have been once a mo th wich can be very costly.

January 31, 2017

Overall I really like the product. The product dries in seconds. There is some residual fall out when combing thru hair. The colour match is great. I have had a lot of thinning of my hair and it gives my hair a slightly thicker appearance which is great.

January 21, 2017

Works great for getting a few more days out of a colour. The application of it does take a bit of trial and error to get used to though. Spraying too much and you get spots, once you have figured that out it's no problem. You can definitely feel it in your hair but it's not too bad. No problems washing it out.. no leftover residue. Purchased a second time so that says something!

January 16, 2017

YAY !!! I finally bought this after changing my mind about 5 times !! I watched some ads which showed the actual real life application and bought it.

I am wanting to let my roots grow out so I can make a hair color change, and I want to see how much grey I do have, and if I can use my grey as a highlight maybe. By using this Root Cover Up Spray, I can get the exact look of a full color, but it washes out. I wash my hair every 3-4 days, so the spray lasts me a long time

It is very simple to apply and comes in Light to Medium Brown,Dark Brown,Black, Red,Light to Medium Blonde, and Dark Blonde. I use the Dark Brown and Red Mixed actually. The formula is ammonia free, peroxide free, and has no synthetic dyes. I think this product would be good to use if you were wanting to change your hair color, but wasn't totally sure what it would look like, you just spray over your hair, and decide yes or no, then just wash it out.. Good for teenage girls too, to have fun with hair color, but nothing permanent.

It also sprays quite similar to a Dry Shampoo, it isn't wet and tacky like I first thought. It doesn't drip or anything like that, It goes on very nicely and looks good. I find if you take a "bristled paddle brush" to brush your root to mid-strand area of your hair to blend it, it turns out the best.

I love it !!!

October 10, 2016

Officially one of my favourite products to use! Not that I've tried it, I feel like I can't live without it. It covers up my roots perfectly (I use the colour black). Not only does it blend in wonderfully, it actually makes my hair look thicker. Now it's not a thickening product, but when applied to my roots, it covers a bit of my scalp in the product, instantly making my hair look fuller. My only complaint is that it has a very matte finish, so if your hair is naturally very shiny, you do have to try to brush it out a bit to make it look more natural.

September 25, 2016

This stuff was disastrous for me, the Colorado didn't quite match and it was sticky and smelled yucky. I find that they don't have enough tones to choose from to accurately match your roots and I wish that it didn't rub off on everything. I put on my shirt after applying this product and the color transferred all over my shirt. I will not be buying this product again ever.....

September 25, 2016

Root Cover |Up is ok, I didn't like how your hair feels dry and sticky once applied. Found it to be difficulty to apply around the temples and was messy to work with.

May 11, 2016

I was excited to try Loreal's Root Cover Up. I am a first time mom who colours her own hair. Sometimes, I don't have time or I'm too busy to take care of my roots. Root Cover Up is a great idea, spray on temporary product to conceal roots. I love the can's teal colour, it's cute and user friendly. Just shake, spray and let dry, and poof! Roots covered up!

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if they made it to cover *just* grays, because it does almost nothing to my roots. My hair is naturally black, with some gray here and there and coloured light brown. I chose Light to Medium Brown, and my hair matches the colour on the can. When sprayed on, the product just makes my hair feel gummy. It does not conceal my black roots at all. It only seems to coat it in a slightly lighter colour, nothing like the colour on the can.

I really, really wanted to like to Root Cover Up, as it would definitely make my hair look better in between colouring. Sad to say, it did not work for me.

I received this product for free in exchange for an honest review from Influenster.

May 10, 2016

So I will start out saying that I received this to review and I am a light blonde without graying hair, but I was sent a Dark Blonde Root Cover Up. My 3 star review does not reflect that I do not have grey roots and I was sent a darker color than my current hair.

PROS - I love the easy application! It is very basic with the, 'hold 10cm away and spray on roots' directions. - It covers your roots with a small amount so this 57g can will probably last you until you get the time to touch up your roots with a permanent or demi dye, even if you use this once a day. - It has a 'cooling' effect and made my scalp feel great. -Even if you do not have grey roots, you can make an awesome and easy ombre effect with this spray. Just buy a spray that's 1 level darker than your hair, and spray from the roots to midway down your hair to blend. Instant dark to light ombre! (As seen in my photo.) - It's overall pretty inventive. I wanted to buy this each time I saw it just because of the easy application, but I never succumbed to the urge because I don't have grey roots. That's saying something if I wanted to purchase it even if I didn't need it.

CONS - I don't feel like they have enough colors for blondes or reds; they have a Dark Blonde and a Light Blonde and one Red. I did receive the Dark Blonde and I do not have grey roots, but I tried this spray on my already ombre hair. I have dark brown roots growing in, almost platinum color after my roots, and my platinum blonde goes into light, then dark 'sandy' blonde. The L'Oreal Dark Blonde Root Cover Up made my hair way darker on all colors of my hair, except for my roots. The spray actually matched my dark brown roots, and made my hair dark brown, not blonde. I do not feel like this spray is Dark Blonde because it does not look like the color on the label or the color chart.

- This is pretty much a hairspray with a chalk type color in it that can rub off on you. When fixing my hair and putting it in a side braid, I did get product on my fingers that resembled brown chalk. I also took a tissue after wearing for 7 hours and still easily rubbed off product from my hair. I would not wear this in your hair to bed, because it will most likely rub off onto your pillow.

- The smell is quite pungent and not in a good way. It has a very odd 'burnt' smell to it. Thankfully, this does go away after about 10 minutes.

- I wore this for a 6 hour work day and by the end of my day my hair was a bit lighter, but still brown. It also had a matte quality to it by then and you could easily tell that I had a coloured spray on my hair.

All in all I would recommend this product to someone who was in a bad spot and needed a quick fix. I wouldn't use this for more than two weeks, only for when you all the sudden have grays coming in and need a quick fix before you make the real root touch up. I would also recommend this to people with black hair, brown hair, and dirty blond hair, not light blonde or red hair.