Maybelline Lip Studio Color Blur

Maybelline Lip Studio Color Blur Reviews

Ranked #106 out of 1020 in Lipstick

August 01, 2016

I really like the colours in the line so far but they are all mostly reds/pinks because I would really like to wear this product in a nude shade.
The product applies so smooth and glides effortlessly on your lips - it is also like a pencil crayon shape when applying and it very pigmented and bright. It also doesn't dry out my lips and stays relatively creamy throughout the day when I wear the "bold" look.
The "blurred" look is bit of a different story. The blurring tool/part is very cheaply made. It always feels like it is going to break off when I am pushing it on my lips (and this is with more than one colour/stick). I feel I need to press hard to get it to blur and it isn't a very nice feeling, and it is also very easily to make a mess because the blur-er is quite a bit larger than my lips.
Overall, product is great for a bold look but I really do not like the blurring part.

April 01, 2016

These lip pencils are now my go to lip product. The colours are super pigmented and go on really evenly with a creamy texture. I've heard a lot of people say that these are not transfer proof and that they don't dry down completely but I've had the opposite experience with them. They take some time to dry down (20ish minutes) but when they do I find that they are QUITE transfer proof. I've eaten, drank and smoked with these on and they've lasted me all day long at work where I'm constantly running around like crazy. They have a gorgeous finish to them. The smudged on the end works nicely to blend them out for a little bit of a softer look as well. For me personally the purpose of the smudged doesn't work (that Japanese blurred out lip look) but I think it could work for someone with bigger lips as mine are very thin. I originally bought one to try it out and have since purchased two additional shades after falling in love with the first one. I have them in the shades partner in Crimson, my my magenta and fast & fushia.

February 17, 2016

I love how your lips look they look great especially the dark colors look great in a beige skin I recommend this to my friends and family they will like it.

January 31, 2016

Pros: Easy to apply, smooth velvet finish, long lasting, reapplying is easy and the product is unscented.
Cons: The smudger wasn’t useful, towards the end of the day my lips became dry and I’d like to see more colors added to the line.

November 06, 2015

These stay on the lips, they aren't drying, and they don't run. The only thing is I wish they made more natural, nude shades.

October 14, 2015

I'll get this out of the way first. I dislike the price. At the drugstore these are about $15 (for $5 more I can get a MAC lipstick which is even twice the amount of product). However at Walmart or when there's a sale you can get these for about 9-10 dollars and that's an easier price to swallow.

I'm not a big fan of the way the Maybelline lipsticks usually smell but these offer no scent which I think is great!
These Color Blurs apply evenly and creamy and pack a punch of pigment. They also last pretty well throughout the day.

I personally own 3 shades (and want more), I have Fast & Fuchsia, I'm Blushing and I like to Mauve It. The idea behind these is that you can apply a bit of colour on the inside of your lips and blur it outwards for a gradient lip (this is very trendy in Korean beauty) or if that's not really your thing you can apply these all over your lips.

Personally, I like to wear these both ways. I love a bold lip, so when I am feeling a little bolder I will rock these like any other lipstick and wear them all over my lips. I also enjoy wearing them blurred out a bit which I find looks very soft and romantic. Fast & Fuchsia is a very bright and bold pink fuchsia while I'm Blushing and I Like to Mauve It are softer more natural colours. All beautiful shades.

These are matte so be aware that you may find them a bit drying. They have a pretty good colour selection (10 shades) and I hope they continue to expand it!

October 03, 2015

I am a lipstick/lipstain/liquid lipstick/lip crayon, kind of gal. I also prefer matte lipsticks. I picked up one of these in Fast & Fuchsia (10) and oh it is ever nice. It is a creamy matte, I use it all over my lips. It feels great, is long lasting. I will definitely being adding a few more of these to my collection.

September 16, 2015

The formula is so smooth and creamy - it glides on my lips perfectly. I love that it's versatile, so I can just apply it to my entire lips for high pigment and clean lines, or I can apply it to the centre and use the smudger to blur it out. The lipstick also stays on really well and doesn't smudge or transfer.

September 07, 2015

These are long lasting and actually stain your lips like they say they will. Love the range of colours. Have never worn blurred but look great as a full colour.

Will be buying again