Amazing

NYX Cosmetics Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator Gleam Reviews

1 review
Ranked #72 out of 116 in Highlighter

August 18, 2016

I received a sample of this in my monthly Ipsy bag and I have to say that this product is really all or nothing. One of my main concerns being extremely pale is that it would be too dark, but used subtly it's barely even noticeable (in my attempts to take a before and after picture I couldn't see a difference) until the lights hits; it's a nice subtle, shimmer.

You can also use it with more product, but if you're very pale that will be too dark and come out very golden, more like a bronzer. I think this shade would be pretty amazing with tanned or even darker skin tones, just not well suited to extreme pale skin tones unless you are looking for a barely there shimmer, or extreme bronzer.

One thing I really like about this though, is the versatility. You can mix this with almost any product to give it a subtle (or not so subtle) shimmer. It definitely has a place in my makeup kit, but I would say it's more suited to darker skins. Would look amazing on particularly dark skin, in my opinion.