Olay Facial Hair Removal Duo Smooth Finish

Olay Facial Hair Removal Duo Smooth Finish Reviews

Ranked #204 out of 444 in Hair Removal

September 11, 2015

So the first time I used this I was in awe, it worked great and the regrowth was weeks after I used it. But, it hasn't worked as well since that first application. It also clogs my skin and I end up breaking out in one or two spots after using it. I think I'll stick with waxing.

May 22, 2014

I have used this product a few times on my upper lip and it does work although you have to be sure to cover the area completely or you will miss some hair. The last time I used it I did not go close enough to my lip so I was left with a small line of hair right at the top of my lip but the rest of it came off well. Make sure to follow package directions exactly or you will have problems. I will continue to use this as it is no where near as painful as waxing and it leaves my upper lip with just a tingly feeling, I do not believe it smells bad at all. You have to make sure to put the protector balm on properly or you will burn your upper lip. I will continue to use this product as it is quick and not messy.

April 18, 2014

I have been using this for facial fuzz for the last 6 months. The reason why I started using this is that I noticed other women did not have that fine fuzz on their cheeks. I use the fine to medium hair and I start out by applying the skin guarding balm and massage it in. I then massage into my skin for 20 sections hair removal cream and do some chores for 6 to 8 minutes. Then I take a cotton and remove the cream off my face and it takes the hair completely off. I assure you to not exceed the recommended time as I did and it burned my face. It took awhile to heal. However, since that lesson, I am rather pleased with the product and what it does. Smooth face and all. I do this treatment about every three weeks. What a great bargain when it is on sale for $19.99.

October 12, 2013

I used the original formula for fine-to-medium hair (turquois stripe). But, the newer duo is for coarser, more resilient hair (magenta stripe). They're both $23.99 USD.

They borrowed this concept from hair relaxer kits. I even tried applying petroleum jelly before depilatory creams, once. The jelly just blocked the cream completely and nothing happened. So, I was excited to try this "guarding balm" before applying the cream. I always rub the balm wider than needed (and apply the cream only where it's needed) to provide more protection.

The balm is thin enough to allow the cream to work, but tough enough to prevent chemical burns!!!

After 5 minutes, I remove both products with a WARM damp (not soaked) paper towel. Then I rinse, while GENTLY rubbing the treated area with my fingers. I pat dry and apply a gentle moisturizer. Do NOT use a toner, retinoid or acne treatment on you hair removal days.

If you need to leave the product on longer than the allotted 8 minutes, try the stronger formula. I didn't experience any discomfort or irritation. But if one formula irritates you, try the gentler one next time.

October 12, 2013

By far the easiest, fastest no mess hair removal product! NO bad odour, easy easy, and no tears or plucking!!!! Yes, no plucking, I love how easy it is, not the price! Would only purchase again, if I had a coupon!

September 24, 2013

Great product, works great. If you have any facial hair that is a bit coarse you'll have to leave it on a bit longer and I still have a few that require plucking but overall works.

August 22, 2013

Works great, gentle but effective on removing facial hair.

July 10, 2013

Perfect rating for this one. The price is worth it because it is gentle on the skin yet it is very effective. The first step is a protective layer, then the cream which I love because it has a nice light scent with no chemical smell. It is applied directly from the tube so I didn't have to get it on my fingers. The redness was minimal, short lived and mostly from wiping the cream off. The tubes look small but there are plenty of uses in them. There is a lot of packing for two long tubes though. The results don't last as long as waxing, but the hair removal experience was a lot more pleasant. I just sit in the bathroom, apply the product, light a candle and relax for 10 minutes. Not too bad to achieve a smooth upper lip!

December 12, 2012

Greatest thing ever!
I have a really sensitive upper lip so whenever I would use cream on it I would have to do it on a night when I knew I was staying in because my skin would get so red and raw.

But when I tried this for the first time I was amazed that my skin was fine and I was ready to go out for the night.
And every time I used it since then I have gotten the same result.

August 21, 2012

Product is very easy yo use and works well. I have problem with bleaching cause it bothers my skin. So I am so glad I found this product cause it doesn't bother my skin/

prettyrainbow has posted in the forum topic
Beauty Products

Ssamson22 added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
SINGLE AT CHRISTMAS

KieliAnne added a new review for
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes