Philips SatinPerfect Epilator
Good

Philips SatinPerfect Epilator Reviews

Ranked #239 out of 444 in Hair Removal

Philips SatinPerfect Epilator removes hair so fast that your legs are ready for you are. Just one stroke away from silky smooth, this epilator contains ceramic discs with a low-charge indicator. Visit satinperfect.philips.com for more information.

July 25, 2011

This is my first epilator and I am quite pleased. First off, I find the pain to be worse then waxing mainly because waxing is so much faster while the epilator is pretty slow and you can really feel each hair getting pulled out. I also find it to be quite messy since the epilator yanks out the hair and then it falls to the floor. So afterwards i'm sitting in a pile of hair. But the cost and convenience make up for the pain and mess. It's a one time purchase and then there is no more money to spend. What I love most is being able to epilate whenever I feel like it and not having to worry about making an appointment for a wax at a salon. It also seems to get slightly less painful the more I use it. Overall, once you get past the pain it's definitely worth it!

February 08, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised that the pain was comparable (or even slightly less than) waxing. The Philips epilator gently tugs out each hair, one by one, which sounds more painful than it is. If you hold your skin taught while grazing the epilator over the hairs, it leaves you hair-free with minimal discomfort. While waxing takes less time, I find it more painful because it grabs even the most minuscule hairs, rips away at your skin, and leaves you extremely irritated. The epilator grabs only the significant and visible hairs, leaving the baby hairs and skin intact and protected. After using the Philips machine, my legs have small red marks that look like welts, but it disappears in a short while. I'd recommend applying a soothing gel/lotion/astringent or cold pack if the pain persists, but I have never had this problem. For best results, use right after a shower while the pores are still flexible and relaxed, and do this right before bed so that when you wake up, the red marks have had a chance to subside.

January 09, 2011

Using the Philips SatinPerfect Epilator is like using 32 tweezers (at the same time!) to remove hairs from your legs. This works like a charm in pulling out the hairs right from the root, leaving skin soft and silky for days. If you usually wax, this is a more cost-effective way of achieving the same results, and you won't find it any more painful than applying hot wax to your legs. If you have a low pain tolerance, or have sensitive skin, you may want to numb the area beforehand. I found it slightly uncomfortable on the first use, but no longer mind the electric tweezing sensation. In fact, the epilator is so quick that I'm done moments after I start. So, bye-bye razor, hello SatinPerfect epilator!