Polysporin Cold Sore Healing Patch Reviews

Ranked #1 out of 497 in Remedies

Polysporin Cold Sore Healing Patch uses hydrocolloid technology to effectively treat the cold sore. The patch forms a protective barrier that contains the virus and enables fast effective healing.

Directions for Use:  Apply POLYSPORIN® Cold Sore Healing Patch at first sign of an outbreak. When the patch starts to detach from the skin, remove it and replace it with a new one until cold sore is healed. Patches should be used 24 hours a day. On average, the patch will stay on for approximately 8 hours. You do not need to remove the patch every 8 hours, only when it begins to detach.

February 19, 2017

I carry these with me at all times! You never know when a cold sore is going to start. Once I started to get one just as we got to the movie theatre. I was so worried the whole time, that I have no idea what movie I saw. Now I keep them in my purse so that I can apply cream and then a patch. Keeping the healing product covered not only helps it work better, but it keeps it on my lip and not on my straw or cutlery. Cold sores are extremely contagious and this helps to decrease the risk of spreading the virus. One of the worse parts about cold sores is the long healing time. Your lip gets dry and cracks and bleeds. These patches help to keep your lip moist, so you don't have the long healing time. They also offer some camouflage which makes having cold sores much more bearable.

February 17, 2017

perfect for cold sores, is doing the process of healing faster and it protect better for scratching. Love it, i would love to stay stick a little bit better

February 14, 2017

I Had Used this for my Son as he has Cold Sore on his Lips. Works like a Charm. Easy to Apply to your Lips and remove Healing Process is Quick Does Not take Long to Heal Lips.

February 14, 2017

The cold sore patch is amazing for hiding and healing the sore faster. I don't have a need to hide or be embarrassed . It is so easy to use and forget it is on.

February 13, 2017

These make life SO MUCH BETTER if you get cold sores.Make up can go right over the patches like you have no cold sore and no patch. If the cold sore is right on the corner of your lip it will not work as effectively but still works great to wear to bed

February 09, 2017

I was so happy when this product came on the market. I get cold sores quite often. I can honestly say that it definitely works. What else is amazing is it actually works on those nasty red and swollen pimples. Put it on and the next day it is almost gone.

February 04, 2017

This is a good product but it's a bit tricky to use and actually get the best results, i.e. the ones advertised. For me it only works to suppress the breakout if i apply it before the cold sore is even visible on the surface, have to catch it when you first notice the skin starts itching a bit. And then the same sticky has to remain in place for as long as possible, you're not supposed to remove it. So if the blister is towards the corner of the mouth it is difficult to have it remain in place. So far success rate is about 50%, very much dependent on where the sore is and when you apply the patch.

It does hold lipstick and foundation/corrector on, but not the creamy varieties of lipstick, and you need to touch up every few hours.

The price is good, there are quite a few in the package, i just wish i would remember to carry it along at all times.

February 03, 2017

I've suffered from cold sores since I was a kid so I'm always on the lookout for something new. After seeing the commercial I bought a pack and was disappointed. They were difficult to apply and didn't "disappear" as was indicated in the commercial. I can't say that they got rid of my cold sore any quicker either. I wouldn't recommend this product.

0.5/5

February 02, 2017

Do not buy this just my opinion, I found that it made cold sores much worse and it spread about the same size as the sticker , it did this to a friend as well , I don't recommend this at all

January 30, 2017

Works very well. I have used these patches a few times now and even though they don't stop the cold sore I do find that the healing time is shorter when I use them.