The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer

The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer Reviews

Ranked #53 out of 79 in Highlighter

October 01, 2016

I just got this highlighter off amazon and I love it. It is the perfect highlighter. I have fair skin and it works amazing for me. The price is totally affordable and it is easy to find. I like that it is talc free. I would recommend it.

September 23, 2016

I own a LOT of highlighters and this is still my favorite! It's a perfect champagne/light gold shade that just looks amazing without glitter. I also use it as an inner corner highlight for my eyes, and in the center of my lips- it's just great all around!

March 10, 2016

This powder highlighter is amazing!!! I keeps the highlight glow all day long. I love how light weight this power is but also how much it can be built up to leave a lasting highlight. It's a beautiful shade that would work on all skin tones.

December 20, 2015

This is a little on the pricey side, but I was lucky to have a friend that was selling hers, so she gave it to me for only $10. It has beautiful pigment. I love this highlighter with a passion. Be careful not to go overboard of course, but it's phenomenal. A little goes a long way. I like the packaging as well.

July 03, 2015

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I received a sample in my Ipsy bag, and loved it. I ended up purchasing it full sized twice so far. It lasts a very long time. It leaves a great dewy sheen without a ton of glitter like many highlighters do. I also love to use it as a eye shadow on my "No makeup" days where I don't put on a full face of makeup, or on my upper brow area as a highlighter with full face makeup.. It helps brighten my eyes. I've gotten a lot of compliments on my skin wearing this.

May 27, 2015

This is my go-to highlighter. I'm pretty pale and it's not overpowering on my face. Provides a gorgeous natural highlight and although a bit on the pricier side, it will last you forever. A little goes a long way!

February 22, 2015

Most amazing, finely milled, perfect and gorgeous highlighter I have ever owned! It gives off a candlelit glow to the face and is so creamy for a powder base product. The texture makes blending a breeze. This would work for ALL skin types and i find it applys best just using your fingers. On another note, you can beat the packaging. Perfect size and sturdy with a big clear mirror and cute hot pink box! There's so much product inside although it it is quite pricey (30$CND at london drugs) it's worth every cent! If i were to ever run out, id for sure be buying a second one!

August 27, 2014

For my cousins wedding, I decided to splurge and convinced Mary-Lou to move in with me. We got on right away. The only highlighters I had were very Albatross-like, and were too yellow to look natural on me. The colour (a neutral gold) of Mary-Lou may look a little bit plain when swatched, but that's a good thing: it proves that it will look good on many skintones (maybe except for really dark ladies).
    I couldn't really care for the packaging much really, don't really like it nor hate it, but it's really sturdy! Don't have any issues opening it - but I heard the powder is fragile so I wouldn't travel with it though. Also, the mirror she carries is always convenient.

But oh my goat, it is SO pigmented. Even after a tiny dip with my brush in the powder, I still need to tap some product off - although I have to mention that I like really subtle highlights. Some said that it just 'sits' on your skin and looks too obvious, why yes of course it does, if you don't blend it in. If you know how to blend it correctly and use a fan brush, it can be as subtle (or as intense) as you like. That's the biggest tip I can give you with this. (I use a firm brush (from ebay) to blend it out.)

August 24, 2014

Highlighter and eye shadow.

Use a light hand!!!

Great to highlight with. golden hue. Also nice to use in the corners of the eyes for a POP!