4.1/5
Abreva Reviews
#7 in Remedies

Treat Cold Sore With Effective Medication

Abreva Cold Sore/Fever Blister Medication is recommended to treat cold sore. This pharmacists-preferred cold sore treatment is an FDA approved medicine. The medicine lessens healing time and reduces the occurrence of symptoms such as tingling, itching and pain. It soothes cold sore and treats it till the end.

• Recommended by pharmacists
  • FDA approved
  • Reduced healing time
  • Lessens symptoms of cold

This is a popular medicine for cold sore healing because it takes little time to help you feel better.

Just For You: Adults and children 12 years and over

A Closer Look: Abreva Cold Sore/Fever Blister Medication is an FDA approved cold sore treatment and a source of zinc and selenium.

Get Started: Wash hands before and after applying cream. Apply to affected area on face or lips at the first sign of cold sore/fever blister.

Warning: For external use only. Do not use if you are allergic to any ingredient in this product."

August 11, 2020

Ditch the pump and bring back the tube

Unfortunately, I suffer from cold sores regularly and I found that Abreva by far is one of the best products to use to help quicken the healing process. I much prefer the tube Version of this instead of the pump version. The quality of the product in the tube version is much better than the pump because it is a lot more thicker and it lost a lot longer. I feel that the pump version only lasts a few weeks where the other version you could keep for quite a few months without running out. Overall I would still buy this product because it’s the best one out there.

April 22, 2020

Cold Sore be gone!

If you can apply this product as soon as you feel that tingling sensation, that cold sore will not pop up and just go away! That is what happens to mine anyways when I use this product!! I love it!! It is 22.99 CAD before tax, and is a very small tube BUT worth every dollar!!!

January 21, 2020

This stuff works

On Sunday I had the tingling on my lip that a cold sore was coming. Throughout the day and evening I kept putting the Abreva on the spot. This is the first time that the cold sore never got very big, or spread on my lip. I will be recommending this to anyone!

3.2/5

August 16, 2019

Great product but expensive

Great product if you can afford it. If you have infrequent attacks very expensive for a one time use since tube tends to expire between uses. Works well if you apply it in time.

August 13, 2019

Nothing works better! One bottle can last a very long time!

I've suffered from cold sores since I was a child, and finding Abreva was a complete miracle! It cuts the time of suffering in half of not more. And I've had my bottle over 6 months through 3 coldsores. I've never had to buy another bottle negate I've ran out honestly, but I have lost them cause I'm good at that.

July 25, 2019

My go to

I have suffered from cold sores almost my whole life. When abreva came out I asked my dr if it worked. I tried it and OMG it works. If you manage to get to your cold sore when you first feel that itch it almost doesnt form. Even if your a bit late it makes them shorter periods of the pain and embarrassment. I always have this with me. In my purse my bedside table my desk at work....

March 29, 2019

The only one

If you are prone to cold sores - like I have been since I can remember- you always want a tube of Abreva nearby. When that "tingly"feeling starts apply immediately to literally prevent the breakout. On the rare occasions that you don't apply on time and the breakout happens, Abreva prevents the spread of the ghastly sore (s) and gets the healing started quickly. But the real magic lies in application at the first tingle. I keep one in my purse, one by my bed, one on my desk!

February 22, 2019

Expensive, but worth it

I couldnt get to the doctor, so this was the next best thing. fixed my cold sore in two days. had to apply every two hours and my lip kept peeling, but got rid of the coldsores right away

February 21, 2019

Lifesaver for cold sores!

I tend to get cold sores when I'm sick, or been out in the sun for long periods of time. I was hesitant to purchase this because it is such a small amount for the price it is. But I was getting fed up and figured I'd try it.

Boy, am I glad I did! You have to make sure you put it on your lips BEFORE the cold sore appears. I usually get a tingling feeling a day or 2 before it appears and thats when I start putting it on. It doesn't take much each application, and so the little tube does go a long way and lasts a long time.

It def reduces the length of the cold sores and makes them look less godly :/

I def recommend it.

February 01, 2019

Best cold sore treatment

I can say this very effective. This works quickly. I totally recommend it has I haven’t seen anything else that really works quiet as well. Yes the value can be alittle to much but it’s worth it. The size is small which makes anyone think if it’s even worth to try it out. You won’t be disappointed. This is number one for me.