Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment Reviews
#1044 in Hair Care

Good - 0

October 21, 2017

My go-to hair treatment.

I have been using the Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment for years now and it will always be my go-to. As someone who regularly changes their hair color, this protein treatment makes my hair feel soft and I notice less breakage immediately. I highly recommend it to anyone with dry or damaged hair.

September 08, 2017

My secret!

This is my secret to strong hair. I used it while natural and also while relaxed, never had issues with shedding, breakage or split ends. I would do my at home treatment once every 6 weeks, using this followed by a moisturizing shampoo. Smells HORRIBLE and is super messy and runny but its worth it all :D Oh it is expensive but it lasts so long

December 10, 2015

Used the little sample pack.
    Nothing went wrong with my hair but then I didn't notice a difference in my hair either after using it. My hair was really soft though.

May 31, 2015

I used this product when I over processed my hair with bleach and it became "stretchy and mushy" when wet which is a sign that you need protein. I desperately needed it, and this product filled the protein wonderfully and brought my hair back to normal. I stopped bleaching (obviously) and then reapplied this as needed (about every 2 months) until my hair grew out and was healthy again. Warning if you hair is snapping off it means you need moisture not protein so this will not work! Protein on hair that needs moisture will potentially do more harm than good. Also you need to follow this up with a good deep conditioner. The second step in this "2 step treatment" is a super nasty smelling conditioner that I did not like so I didn't use it after the first treatment. Luckily I only bought a small bottle of each step the first time around. I repurchased step one in a BIG bottle. Step one is kinda stinky (like eggs) and messy (really runny) but once you apply it all over hair, blow dry it until it is stiff (do not agitate hair while product is on hair or it could break!) and then rinse it out it is well worth the ickiness! I am not planning on bleaching my hair to that point again, but I am a big fan of at home dyes, usually permanent, which are not the best for hair, so every once in a blue moon I still use this product. Be careful though, if you use it on hair that is not needing protein, or don't follow the instructions you could end up with a problem! It is available at Sally Beauty Supply.