Dove Style + Care Amplifier Mousse Reviews

Ranked #13 out of 2553 in Hair Care

Gently nourishes while providing long-lasting fullness without weighing hair down. Dove® STYLE+CARE™ Amplifier Mousse with Nutri-Style Complex provides long lasting style by nourishing and protecting hair to help prevent issues such as frizz, fly-aways and dry/split ends that get in the way of great style.

For more info, visit Dove.

May 30, 2017

Love it! I've never used mousse before and I bought this one just because it was on sale and I love it. I does exactly what it says it does. My hair looks and feels smoother when I use it. I have thick, straight hair that usually pretty manageable but it was nice to add an extra step in my styling routine. I love using it when I blowdry my hair which is usally only once every few weeks. But I even use it when I let my hair airdry too and my hair looks great after.

My only complaint is that I've had the same bottle for several months now and I don't know if its because of the warmer weather now but the foam comes out as a liquid now.

April 20, 2017

I have been using this product for about a month now and I love it. It does a great job at managing my wavy hair and all the frizz that can come with that. Especially as we move into hotter and more humid temperatures. I would and have recommended this product to others with similar hair to myself.

February 27, 2017

I felt like I had tried it all for my curly hair! Some products helped my hair not frizz but then left my hair feeling crusty and hard. Others worked if my hair was just the right amount of wet or dry. But then I found Dove Style + Care and everything changed! I DON'T EVEN USE CONDITIONER ANYMORE!!! I just use my Dove shampoo then apply the mousse and my hair dries smooth, soft, and shiny. Then when I wash my hair it washes out smooth and it honestly feels like I've already used conditioner when I haven't! Its amazing! If I don't put the mousse in my hair after showering my hair is just a knotted rat nest when I go to shower next! So i absolutely recommend this to anyone and everyone! It truly is style+care!

2.0/5

September 19, 2016

Really not a fan of this product. It was on sale so thought I would give it a try just made my hair dry and really a didn't perform how a mousse should. Cannot recommend this product at all. I have used other Dove products before (not hair products) and like some of them but nope not this.

1.7/5

August 29, 2016

Nope not a fan! it smells bad in my opinion although based on some other reviews i read i see that some people enjoy the smells so i guess take a quick sniff in the store and judge for yourself !
    I also really didn't enjoy the consistency of it for the look i was trying to achieve ( loose curls ) it doesn't make your hair hard but it certainly leaves it feeling a weird type of way that is tough to explain! All in all i generally LOVE Dove products they never disappoint but i use a lot of mousse to create volume with a wavy/ curly hair doo and this one didn't do the job. :(

July 11, 2016

I really like the consistency of the mousse and the formula. It really helps with fly away and it doesn't make the hair hard like other products do. Also very each to brush out

June 29, 2016

I have been using Dove Style + Care Amplifier Mousse for a few years now. I first bought it while on vacation (when I forgot my usual mousse at home). The price was very reasonable and I liked other Dove products so I gave it a try. This mousse worked well and left my hair feeling soft and natural rather than crunchy like other mousse. Though the price is great, the adage of "less is more" is appropriate for this mousse. An egg sized spray is more than enough for long hair. Use too much and your hair might appear a bit greasy and weighed down. But using a bit less, it holds well and hair looks and smells great.

June 29, 2016

I use this product every other day on my hair, I have short pickie style cut and it sure makes my hair stand and stay that way all day, I recommend this product to anyone, awesome!!!

June 29, 2016

The Dove Style + Care Amplifier Mousse worked really well. It didn't feel heavy on my hair and it was very easy to apply. I loved using this product!