AVON Mega Effects Mascara Reviews

Ranked #626 out of 946 in Mascara

April 06, 2017

Bought this cause I liked the design and look of it just to try. I find it a bit hard to use but that's more because it is so different then what I'm used to using. overall I love it though, find it easier to apply and work with.

2.7/5

July 28, 2016

I had read really good reviews on this product so I decided to try it. When I received it, the container was a lot smaller than I had expected. Then when I took the top brush off I thought"hey! this might be interesting" You apply your mascara like a paintbrush. Unfortunately, the mega effect for this product was not really anything impressive. i thought it would make your eyelashes thicker and longer but no. It applies really well but the mascara itself is very simple. I could buy a mascara at a dollar store and probably get the same effect. Dissapointed! If you like simple and natural looking mascara this is for you but I personally love a more amplifying look.

February 17, 2016

I like this mascara but it is hard to get the hang of. if you can figure out how to use the applicator it goes on really nicely and gets most of your lashes in one swipe. I don't like that the handle has to be in a certain position for the top to fully snap shut and the first one I ever had dried out in a few days because it wasn't closing properly. I like it for a light mascara application it doesn't build up your lashes that well.

1.7/5

July 10, 2015

This is a good concept gone horribly wrong. I seriously have racoon eyes when I use this because the product goes absolutely everywhere. Eyelids especially. The formula is so wet and goopy that there's literally globs of it when you pull the brush out. It makes your lashes stick together and adds basically zero length or volume. Just not a good look!

1.0/5

June 01, 2015

First off it looks creepy as hell, why would I want to put this near my eyes?! and it does absolutely nothing for my eyelashes but clump them all together.

June 01, 2015

I really liked the brush once I got used to it. It took a little getting adjusted to the unique brush but once I used a few times it was easier. It is not the typical rounded container for mascara but rather a flatter rectangular shape. I found the coverage to be pretty good and it was quite black compared to other black mascaras I have used.

May 19, 2015

This is the most unique mascara ever. not found in stores. just look at the picture and imagine what it can do to your lashes. its self explanatory :)

October 25, 2014

This is the BLACKEST mascara I have ever had. My girlfriends can totally see the difference. Plus it has the COOLEST applicator ever. Super easy to control and you can adjust the angle of the brush for upper and lower lashes. I love using this one, especially for my night look.

2.2/5

September 17, 2014

I was excited to try this but was greatly disappointed. I hate the applicator! It's very awkward to manipulate on your lashes and I couldn't get a good coverage. Also, I only got a few uses before it dried out. It looks like the actual brush only goes into 1/4 of the 'tube', so I feel like a lot of mascara actually gets waasted because the wanted can't reach in.

1.3/5

September 02, 2014

This was such a disappointment. It was advertised heavily throughout many Avon catalogues and touted as a new, better, never-before-seen format and way to apply mascara. What it turned out to be is a clunky, needless design, a more difficult way to apply the sub-par mascara within its oddly-shaped container. The effects of the mascara are in no way "mega," unless "mega annoying" qualifies. I paid full price for this, hopeful and took care to give it a few tries after the initial disastrous aesthetic failure, to get the application right & I managed to figure it out. Sadly, wand proficiency offered no improvement: I still got the tarantula-legs lashes, which is a difficult achievement for a mascara, considering the thickness of my line of lashes. I'd openly discourage anyone from purchasing this, even with the new, slightly-discounted prices.