Prestige Item
Benefit Cosmetics BADgal Lash Mascara Reviews

With a big, bad brush and a rich, black formula, its like wearing a set of false eyelashes without the glue.

1.2/5

May 17, 2010

I had high hopes for this mascara, as I had heard a lot of good things about it and have enjoyed other Benefit brand products. Boy, was I wrong! There is not one thing that I liked about this mascara. The brush was too large, so it was very difficult to apply without getting it everywhere. It took me about 5 coats to get an 'acceptable' look - better than no mascara at all, but still not great. It really didn't add any length or volume, so it basically made my already dark lashes a bit darker. To make matters worse, it flaked and was all over my undereye area within 2 hours. I've tried it multiple times, even tried wiping the brush before use and using it with a primer, but the results were the same each time. I'm extremely disappointed! I would definitely not buy this again (it was expensive, too!) and I would not recommend it to anyone.

2.2/5

May 15, 2010

The tube is totally adorable as well as the size of the brush: HUGE and promising. But for an effective mascara, I really would not recommend Badgal, because of the heaviness of the gel and how much the large brush dollops onto your lashes. Maybelline Volum Express waterproof mascara is MUCH better, and for a fraction of the cost!

2.3/5

May 04, 2010

I received a sample of this mascara from Sephora. It is not my fav. I find it smudges too easily, especially if you have oily skin. I also found it didn't hold a curl very well. I won't be purchasing the full size. This is a higher end brand mascara, but I don't think it's worth it. Save your money on this one, there are many drug store brands that are far more effective.

1.0/5

April 27, 2010

i had a better experience with 5 dollar mascaras. this mascara was total crap and i was very dissapointed. it was flaky and didnt do anything for my lashes. wont be buying again.

April 07, 2010

Great product. A bit pricey though for a mascara.

March 12, 2010

One word: LOVE!

I stuck to drugstore brand mascara as a teenager because a) those were the only brands available and b) they were inexpensive. But I had to be very careful when I swiped it on in the morning-- wipe the excess (what a waste!) liquid off of the brush, and apply carefully. It still clumped.

Benefit, though expensive (a $19 tube lasts me about 6 weeks), has a great mascara in their BadGal product. Applied to the top lashes, I had the full look of (almost!) fake lashes. Applying throughout the day wasn't a problem, it felt like I was putting it on bare lashes every time. Soft (not clumpy!) to the touch. I still can't get enough of it.

The only thing I have a slight problem with, is because its a light product, it tends to flake around my eyes. So if you are OK stealing away a moment or two during the day to touch up your eyes, you're going to have beautiful eyes from morning 'till night.

November 27, 2009

This is the best mascara I've ever used! I have long and heavy lashes and most mascaras go on thick and weighs my lashes down. The formula in this ones is so light and as soon as you put it on you can feel the difference in quality. The brush is so full and plump that it coats every lash and does it evenly (almost no flakes/clumps) and non-sticky! The price is quite expensive though.

2.7/5

November 26, 2009

I was really excited when I got this mascara ( I usually don't pay more than about $15 for a tube) and thought it would be fun to try an more expensive one. I figured if the quality is there it would be worth the extra money.
    I was let down... I found that it dried too fast and made my lashes all stick together. It looked like I has six fat gloopy eyelashes (sexy!) On top of that it flaked really quickly and made a mess under my eyes. I'm hoping that I got an old tube or something, because I have heard so many great things about Benefit products, but this kind of makes me want to avoid them... or at least their mascara.

2.0/5

September 25, 2009

I did not like this mascara at all. I can't say I love big brushes mascaras but Bad Gal seemed to be the worst. I love Benefit products, but this one didn't do it for me. It is hard to apply, chunky, it clumps and by the time you are done applying it you can forgot all about definition and plumpness... I was verry disappointed with this mascara.

September 21, 2009

I purchased this mascara on the recommendation of my best friend. It is amazing, the brush is big and full, it coats every lash and makes them appear thick, long and full. I've tried since to go back to the less expensive brand that I was using prior to this and have not been able to. The difference is remarkable, I can not put any make up on other than this and I feel ready to go out.