BH Cosmetics Take Me To Brazil palette

BH Cosmetics Take Me To Brazil palette Reviews

Ranked #550 out of 1318 in Eye Shadow

April 11, 2017

This is one of my favorite palettes, for its bright colors. I also like that there are so many matte shades. The colors are quite pigmented for a palette of this price point. Even on my dark skin, they show up nicely. They can lose some intensity with wear, so if I'm doing an extremely vivid look, I not only wear a primer, but I add a white base, as well. These shadows blend beautifully, and I like the addition of the white and black shadows to increase or decrease intensity.

August 09, 2015

I fell in love with the neon colors of Urban Decay's Electric palette, but I just can't justify spending $45 on eyeshadow. So, on my search for an affordable neon eye palette, I found the Take Me To Brazil palette by BH Cosmetics. The palette itself was around $10, but with shipping, the total came to about $14 or $15, which I think is still a good price for an item with so many color choices.

I'd never heard of this brand before, so I didn't know what to expect in terms of quality. Overall, I really like this palette. There are 30 colors to choose from (counting the black and white eyeshadows at the bottom), most of the shades are beautifully vibrant and there's a nice mix of matte and shimmer. I think the white eyeshadow is meant to serve as more of a base color for the lighter shades like yellow and lime green because it doesn't show up very well at all on its own (neither do the light colors).

To be honest, I really wanted to like this palette a lot more because I love the colors in it. I love that bright primary red, I love the sunny yellows, I love the neon greens and I love the deep, dark blues and purples! But the biggest issue I have with these eyeshadows is that they fade, especially the lighter ones. They don't disappear entirely, but even with eyelid primer and setting mist, an eyelid covered entirely in yellow eyeshadow will become a very subtle hint of yellow within maybe 3-4 hours. The medium and darker colors stay on a bit better, but they still fade. Even if you really pack the lighter shades on your lids, it comes back off.

The colors all go on nice and bright, but they simply do not stay bright. I did find that they go on and stay on a little bit better when applied with a damp brush, but this also makes them more difficult to blend. Knowing what I know now, I would probably still purchase this eye palette, even if just for the darker colors. Obviously this can't compete with the quality of an Urban Decay product, but for the price, it's still pretty good and I'd still give it a thumbs-up.

Ellimay has posted in the forum topic
    Hemorrhoids/Piles bleeding

Ellimay has posted in the forum topic
    Baywatch the Movie!

hersheyz added a new review for
    Bicks garlic dill pickles