Burt's Bees cleansing oil Reviews

January 19, 2018

A gentle yet effective cleanser.

Now that I'm in my thirties I realize the importance of good skin care. I'm always looking to gentle products that make my skin look and feel nice. I like this product because it comes in a pump bottle that's easy to dispense. A half a pump seems to work well for me. It works so well it even cleans off all my eye makeup. Afterwards my skin is left feeling clean and well hydrated even before applying my moisturizer. This product is scented which some people may not like but it does have beneficial ingredients such as coconut oil and Aryan oil which has been a part of my beauty routine for years now. This is 100% natural product making me feel good about using it on my skin.

October 13, 2017

Burt’s Bee does it again!

I feel like all Burt’s bees products are great. I really enjoy how natural this calendar was. I like how soft and gentle this calendar is on my face! It’s a great buy but no if you have a lot of blemishes.

1.5/5

August 07, 2017

Average cleanser.

The bottle dispenses a little too much per pump, and squirts a little too vigorously no matter how gently i try to depress it (nothing, nothing, nothing, then a huge oily mess) That means that as great as reviewers claim it is, the bottle will get emptied fast. The smell isn't something i enjoy- the main scents are argan oil and rosemary, but it is still bearable.

It does effectively remove waterproof makeup if you use it correctly. Apply to dry face and massage gently until you look like a greasy raccoon (or not if you use less eye makeup) this can take a few minutes but it should feel nice at least, then massage in a small amount of warm water to emulsify the oil before rinsing with more warm water. It doesn't emulsify all that well, it gets a little milky but not enough to make me feel like i could skip a second cleanser. A little bit of a time waste for me and I probably won't be purchasing again.

August 07, 2017

One of my FAVES!

This product feels so amazing to rub into your skin. It cleans everything off, so much that .... who needs makeup removing wipes :D It smells great, feels great and is so easy to use. I wish there was a portable version so I could take it on vacation with me.
    I double cleanse with this product and the burts bees foaming cleanser twice a day. They leave my skin feeling so super amazingly clean! I will never go without this product. This is one to keep on the bathroom counter at home. :)

March 31, 2017

BEST MAKE UP REMOVER! I have always been fond of oil based make up removers due to my dry/sensitive skin. The brand I used to use stop making my facial remover so I had been in search for a replacement for about 3 years before getting a sample in my Ipsy bag. I have been using it for about a year and barely made a dent in my bottle. The bottle is about $15-18 CAD and it will last you a long time and is worth it. I use it mostly just to take off my eye makeup, especially since I use a jet black waterproof mascara and I never have any left on my face when I'm done. I also love this cleanser as I tend to break out when I use creamy or soapy cleansers but I don't have that problem with the oil based. (*Picture is not mine, it is from the internet but it is the same bottle I use)

February 27, 2017

I never used a cleansing oil before now. I received this product as a gift. I gave it a go and their is no going back for me. I absolutely love this product. It removes the makeup so well. Even the tough mascara. It melts off. I enjoy the scent as well.

January 21, 2017

I've used cleansing oil for about 8 years now and it's has been so beneficial for my skin. Generally, I mix my own with added essential oil but I bought Burt's Bees based on my previous experience with the brand. I am about halfway through the bottle and I just love it. It works so well on waterproof mascara and all my other makeup. My skin feels soft and moisturized after I use it, not stripped and tight at all.

January 10, 2017

I think that this oil is excellent. It removes makeup, gently and effectively. Careful not to get it in your eyes though!!! It makes your skin soft but not greasy. I recommend wetting your face with warm water first, then applying the oil.

September 15, 2016

I tried burt's bees cleansing oil and I loved it. I have dry skin and after using the cleansing oil my skin was so soft and smooth. I will definitely by it.

September 08, 2016

Can't believe how moisturized my face was after just one use. That said, there was an adjustment period where it caused me to break out but that lasted only about a week. Price is higher than what I usually pay for a face cleanser but I do really like this product.