Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion Reviews

Ranked #10 out of 1273 in Facial Lotions & Creams

Also known as the "moisture drink" of Clinique, The Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion moisturizes your skin to is full potential.
Clinique suggests to use as a "Step three" in your daily regime of skin care, or whenever your skin feels dry.

Sourced at main website.

0.5/5

April 21, 2017

I was so unbelievably disappointed by this product, which is unfortunate as it was not cheap. As soon as I applied it I felt a burning sensation, and my skin was noticeably blotchy and red for days. My skin is not overly sensitive, and I have never had a reaction such as this to a product before. A friend of mine had a similair reaction, and though we have both heard good things about it from other people neither of us will be repurchasing, or even finishing the bottle.

April 12, 2017

I have an oily/dry combination skin type, and this lotion is great, however it does leave my skin feeling extra oily at times and I think there are better lotions out there.

April 11, 2017

I absolutely hated this product although I know how hyped up it has been for many many years. I have purchased the entire Clinique line for my face before. It purged my skin and where my face was covered in acne. I had to return the entire line and the staff there was extremely rude about it. This moisturizer does not hydrate my face. It made me feel like my face was oily and dehydrated in the inner layers. Save your money and try something else. If you still want to try, make sure you get a sample.

March 31, 2017

This is my every day go to moisturizer for my face. Its light and not greasy. A bottle lasts me 10 months using one little pump every day. The cost is not great but I buy when its clinque bonus days.

March 13, 2017

I have a weird relationship with this lotion. The first time I used this lotion, I was 13 and in middle school. My skin wasn’t that great (as in, I didn’t have a skincare routine), so when I put this lotion on my dry and flaky skin, the lotion just awkwardly sat on top of my skin and didn’t do anything. I didn’t touch this lotion again until adulthood.

The second time I used this lotion, it was when I’d started using the Clinique toners. I decided I wanted the full 1-2-3 step routine, so I purchased a full-sized bottle of this lotion. The lotion worked OK—I remember thinking the yellow colour was off-putting, and that I’d use better lotions from other brands.

A few years go by, and I’ve switched lotions a few times (to Shiseido/drug-store, etc.). At the time of writing this, my skin has been going through a lot of weird dry patches, and sensitivity. When I use the Clinique moisturizer (after I’ve washed, toned, and applied my vitamin C serum), the lotion goes on smoothly and does not aggravate my skin. I noticed this, because the next day, I had done the exact same steps but applied a different lotion, which caused a burning sensation.

I think this Clinique lotion is really good for sensitive skin. I’d use it if someone purchased it for me, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it myself (mostly due to the colour, and I like using lotions with SPF).

March 11, 2017

I loved this product when I worked at the Clinique counter :) and despite a formula change later on (when it became "Dramatically Different Lotion +), was still super satisfied with this lotion! Although the plus was meant to indicate faster absorption time and even more hydration, most of us actually didn't see that drastic of an improvement! However, with the formula unchanged for about 42 years it was time for an update (and there was definitely a change). Realistically, I now know much more about ingredients (hence, a change to more natural products) and the reason this product is no longer in my beauty cabinet is the presence of synthetics and dyes (it does contain sesame oil amongst other nourishing items though, which deserves credit). While it does an effective job moisturizing and leaves the skin fairly smooth after application, its effectiveness is seriously enhanced when used in the three step program. Although I wouldn't use it myself any longer due to the presence of specific ingredients, I don't expect the rest of the beauty world to make such a dramatic change and would even still recommend it for an individual looking for a mid-level moisturizer at a reasonable price.

February 28, 2017

This is the only face cream I will use. I have super sensitive, super dry skin, and it is amazing. I constantly get compliments, people want to know what I use because they say my skin is glowing. I can't use anything else without getting irritated. This is my go to product.

February 01, 2017

I have very oily skin but there are some days that my skin is as dry and cracked liked the Sahara desert. On days like those this lotion is my go to's in the morning after I cleanse my face. I know that this base will allow my makeup to go on smoothly and not cause my skin to flake. Great for my oil control too.

January 24, 2017

Clinique Moisturizing Lotion is amazing and light. It`s a fast-absorbing, fragrance-free lotion and good for combination and dry skin type. It works great under make up.

January 21, 2017

I used this product for almost 2 years and never faced a problem.. I used the gel version because i have a combination of dry and oily skin. Love Clinique!

Natural health