Clinique Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer Reviews

2.7/5

July 24, 2017

Not bag, but just too average

I received a sample of this from Sephora, and recently tried it while on vacation. There is nothing wrong with the moisturizer; it did hydrate my skin a good deal, but it didn't feel like anything different from what I've purchased at the drug store. Were it not for the hefty pricetag associated with the Clinique brand, I might say give it a try, but it just didn't do anything out of the ordinary for me. I have oily skin, and it didn't exactly mattify or blur out my pores, either, so it could be that this works for better skin types, but for me, it was kind of a flop. Wouldn't pay money for it.

0.5/5

June 16, 2017

This smells terrible!

I got a sample of this from sephora and tried it the other day, but it was super thick and smelled like school glue. I immediately washed it off, so I can't even tell you if it was moisturizing or not. Just the smell of it turned me off and I had to get it out of my nose. I don't know if it dried out or if it is supposed to be that thick, but I definitely wouldn't buy this.

April 25, 2017

I received this as a one time sample. I found that it really did cover up my pores. I always used benefit's Porefessional but lately have been finding that when I apply it and then apply my foundation the porefessional like peels off and theres weird clumps on my face. But with this i didn't experience it and had good coverage. It did moisturize - i didn't have any dry patches. The end result was good. Likely to buy the full version - but $32 is a bit steep.

December 27, 2016

For a brand like Clinique, I was expecting better marketing / packaging in terms of product explanation. Besides the name hydroblur, which I intuitively tied to the product's ability to blur the imperfections on your skin, I wasn't exactly sure what it was supposed to do. For me, it worked great like a regular moisturizer - but I didn't think it did anything extraordinary for my skin.

September 28, 2016

I tried the Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer for a couple of weeks.

Claims: A lightweight, 24/7 hydrator that provides matte moisturization, instantly blurs imperfections, and preps for makeup.

This didn't work as a moisturizer for me. It just didn't hydrate my combination skin. I also didn't notice any blurring of imperfections. It did a good job as a makeup primer. I found that if I use a moisturizer underneath, it preps my skin perfectly for makeup. My foundation went on flawlessly and stayed on all day. I will not repurchase.

September 24, 2016

This moisturizer is so good for so many reasons. The first being that it's a multi-tasker. Not only is is a moisturizer but it's a primer as well. It features hydroblur technology which acts similar to a primer by blurring imperfections and minimizing the appearance of pores. You can wear it alone or as a primer under foundation, It's very versatile!

It leaves your skin feeling hyrated but with a matte finish. When I wear it alone it helps to keep my face matte pretty much all day. I have combo skin and this really helps control the shine in my tzone.

It's also allergy tested and scent free which makes it pretty much universally tolerated.

*I received this item as a PR sample. All opinions are my own.