4.1/5
Prestige Item
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer in Clear Reviews

Reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores with Smashbox Photo Finish foundation primer! With a clear application, you can have softer skin with a smooth finish. The Photo Finish foundation primer is lightweight, oil free, and can be worn alone or under your daily foundation.
The pump is airless, so expect no bubbles when you pump!
The Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation primer has a blend of vitamins A, E, grape seed extract and green tea, and can be used even on hair to tame frizz!

See their main website for more information at: www.smashbox.com
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2017 ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2016
    2.7/5

February 22, 2019

Photo finish? where?

I bought this primer and I personally didn't like it. I found that this primer never really stayed when dry & would lift when ever id apply foundation. The primer is definitely over priced for its effectiveness.

3.2/5

February 21, 2019

I don't find this works very well

I wanted to like this primer, I really did. I've read the rave reviews online, but unfortunately, never had the best results. I could never get my makeup to look even over top of the primer. It also feels like you have something on your skin, which I do not like. I felt like my skin could not breathe. Personally, the Photo Finish Primer Oil worked way better for my skin. That did help my makeup stay on better and didn't lead to smudging or shininess.

February 21, 2019

Great!

I have really bad pores on my nose and this is the primer that will fill them in enough to make my foundation look flawless on my skin! I highly recommend this primer!

February 12, 2019

Great to keep makeup in place

While I do agree that my makeup lasts way longer with this primer, it does not smooth fine lines. I find it actually enhances my fine lines on my forehead. It kind of sits in my fine lines and collects foundation. I find I have to really work to correct this and it’s a pain.

If I were reviewing it based on keeping my makeup on place alone then I would have given it a 5/5. It does keep my makeup on through a full day of moming and working.

December 23, 2018

My first time using Smashbox products.

This is the first and only Smashbox product I own I never found a primer that actually put a smooth layer over my skin. I bought this to try and I love it. It goes on so smoothly and does just what it is meant to. My skin has a lovely smooth layer over the top and make up application is improved dramatically.

Make up looks way better and stays in place. I can see a dramatic difference when using this primer. This is my favourite primer and I won't use any other. I must buy other Smashbox products. I just love this one!

Give it a go!

October 25, 2018
    Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

A great Primer

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer is very silky and a little goes a long way. It is easy to apply and does not irritate my sensitive skin. It is also almost odourless. It works well with my combination dry skin and helps my skin feel softer and smoother. It gives me a flawless finish. It is a bit expensive, but worth the money.

August 29, 2018

Silky formula goes on easy

I decided to try this Smashbox Primer after one of my makeup artist friends highly recommended it for my needs. Whenever I wear foundation, I always use this primer as my base. The silky formula goes on easy, doesn't require a lot and ensures your face has a nice smooth finished complexion. I find it works well with my combination skin and doesn't cause any irritation on my sensitive skin. A good buy for the pricepoint.

August 11, 2018

Would recommend

I love this primer because it actually works, my makeup sits so beautifully on it and lasts throughout the entire day. I would recommend getting a trial size first because it is a bit pricey.

June 20, 2018

A good primer

I have tried this primer several times and I don't always love it. It may be my skin, (combination) but it doesn't always last as long as I think it should. Overall, it is a decent primer.

May 23, 2018

Best Primer!!

While it's fairly pricey, a little bit goes a long way with this primer! It gives you an incredible smooth finish and helps your makeup last all day. I pair this with my UD setting spray and my makeup doesn't budge!!