CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor Reviews
#33 in Lipstick

The #1 original long-wear lip color! Our advanced formula with resilient, brilliant coverage, color, and shine gives you up to 16 hours of color that stays true, in just 2 easy, breezy steps. Outlast has a moisturizing topcoat that helps lock in shine – no feathering, no bleeding. For more information, please visit http://www.covergirl.com.

December 04, 2020

Outlast really works

I love this lip colour! It does stay on ALL day! It doesn’t come off, I do find my lips are a little dry even with the the moisture stick, but I just reapply it. It’s well worth it! I have gotten many compliments on it. It lasted way better than the kind my make up artist used for my wedding.

November 12, 2020

Long lasting, great coverage

I love that it’s a two-in-one. The lip stain is partnered with the moisturizer and helps colour stay/wear all day - even through coffee and food and doesn’t come off on coffee cups/etc. Super handy!

September 25, 2019

Long Lasting Colour

I’ve never used a bottom coat lip/top coat balm combination before so I was quite eager to find out how it worked. The colour I tried was 542 Brazen Raisin and whilst it’s a lovely colour, it was too dark for my complexion. As per instructions, if you wait long enough the colour won’t transfer to the top coat. The bottom coat was very thick and as it’s a small container, I don’t think it will last too long. Due to how thick it was it’s quite hard to define the edges and you might find a brush more helpful.

The colour certainly lasts a long time and stands up quite well to eating and drinking. If you want a shine though you will have to use the top coat frequently. Unintentionally I licked my lip and the taste was a bit icky, but then most lipsticks/glosses don’t taste very nice. Depending on how many uses you get from the lip colour it may be a bit on the expensive side. They do have quite a diverse range of colours, so there’s bound to be something for everyone.

August 29, 2019

I would buy this product again as I loved the color choices.

I loved the color choices for this lip product but I found it didn't last as long as other "all day" products I've tried but I would definitely buy again.

August 27, 2019

My favourite lipstick

This is the only colurstay lipstick that I found that lasts all day. I apply it in the morning and need to take it off at night. I don’t even need to touch up throughout the day. Also the selection in colour’s is amazing.

1.2/5

July 18, 2019

Great gloss, bad colour

The colour part of this duo is sticky and tacky. The gloss is nice and I've been using it when I want something simple but not worth buying for just the gloss.

July 09, 2019
    New Brunswick, Canada

It really does last a long time...

I love this lipstick because there's no need to keep re-applying. The only thing that could be improved upon would be that they need a broader range of color selection.

March 20, 2019

Definitely recommend!

I got the CoverGirl outlast all lip gloss in the colour pink (it doesn’t say the name on it) which has a base colour and gloss. I got for school because reapplying gloss again and again is too much work and I am lazy. With this one, it lasts to almost 4 hours and I reapply the gloss again during lunch which is actually pretty good. It gives the lip a natural colour and looks amazing.

March 01, 2019

Lasts through rain or shine

This is actually an incredibly impressive long lasting lip colour. Last time I tried a long lasting lip colour it was dry, uncomfortable and didn't last through eating and drinking. I'm really impressed with the formula they have here.

So before I tell you about how awesome it is, let's talk about the one thing that's bad. The colour. Not only did I not like the colour (I'm very pale and it's basically brown), but the big problem is that the images right now on Amazon don't match (currently Feb 2019). The colour for 'Brazen Raisin' is a lovely coral pink in the photo. Not even close, it's a purple toned brown, I mean...it's raisin coloured. This colour would probably look lovely on a darker skinned beauty, but on my pale ghost face, it looks pretty Goth. Go for it, if you're into that, but if you're going to buy I'd recommend checking the shade elsewhere before committing. I chose not to remove a star for this as it's not the product's fault, but a problem on the listing (you can report this as I did, by clicking 'Report incorrect product information' at the top just after the title and description.)

So, basically you apply this, it comes as a kind of gloopy thick gloss, with a weirdly long applicator that could definitely be improved (it's hard to get a straight line if you're unskilled at liquid lipstick, like me). You apply the applicator and leave it to dry for 60 seconds (I'd actually recommend 2 mins min, depending on how thick you apply it). After the application, it will resemble a matte, liquid lipstick. You then apply the clear, sticky 'gloss' over the top. They recommend you do this throughout the day whenever it runs dry, but if you neglect to do it, you'll just have the matte look again and the lipstick stays just as well!

So here's what I adore about this. Firstly, it doesn't feel horribly heavy, dry out my lips or show up its damaged parts, like most long-lasting stuff I've used. The glossy topcoat does feel a bit sticky at first (and sadly crumbs and stuff will stick to it), but over time it dries out and after about a half hour it just feels like you're wearing nothing (like a really good liquid lipstick). However, what really impressed me was the staying power of this stuff.

I don't know if it stays all 24 hours (as I don't sleep with lipstick on), but over the whole day, from morning until night, about 16 hours, it doesn't smudge or come off. Even when only applying the gloss once, by the time I was ready to go to bed it looked almost as good as when I applied (perhaps a tiny amount of fading, not really noticeable). Even more shockingly, it passed some of my tests and I wasn't expecting that.

First the water test. Apply water, rub. Nothing. Not a smudge, it stayed put perfectly. Then soap and water, rub and wash. STILL there. Like not even a slight movement.That's super impressive to me. If a lipstick promises to last all day, it better last through food, drink, rain, you name it and this one does. (see pictures for proof).

Removal isn't difficult when you have the right tools. It does come off with cleansing wipe (needs some rubbing) or very easily with a strong makeup remover (oil based). But water won't get you anywhere, so make sure you have some way to remove it when it's time.

If you're looking for a long lasting lipstick that feels comfortable, has a glossy AND matte option and stays put come rain or shine, this one is great at it; but make sure you check the shade before buying, as the pictures may be incorrect on certain websites!

December 26, 2018
    Ohio, United States

Great Product!

I have used this product since it came out and I still love it. I have tried the much more expensive Lipsence stains but the cover girl lasts longer and is at least half the cost. There are so many colors to choose from that I have different ones for each season. I just love this product and always come back to it!