Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette Reviews

Ranked #101 out of 370 in Powder

January 28, 2017

Love, love, love! I actually use all 3! I use the first one all over my face, the middle to highlight and the last one to bronze with. I find my complexion looks great wearing this and actually get commented on it.

June 08, 2016

I like that this palette includes 3 considerably different lighting powders. I use incandescent as a highlighter and the two remaining shades as bronzers. I love the natural and finishing effect that these powders leave. The only downside to the lighting powders is that they have the tendency to be rather chalky/powdery and have a bit of kick up, which seems like wasted product to me. If they were less chalky, this palette would be a 100% for me.

May 02, 2016

It's quite expensive but it makes skin look incredible despite being quite sheer. The powder is very finely milled so it doesn't have any glitter chunks but it gives a softly lit and slightly dewy look.

I like to set my under eye with the medium shade highlight a bit with the lightest and I am fair enough that I can use the darkest as a bronzer or to warm up my skin a bit, so this pallet has a bit of everything for me which is a huge bonus.
    This product photographs absolutely amazing, and it makes small inperfections disappear (in photos only). So if you are a selfie fiend this may save you some time editing.

While I wouldn't consider this a necessity it's a great addition to my kit.

November 21, 2015

I never really used to understand these powders - they just look invisible on the skin. But I finally realized that it acts almost like an instagram filter to your face !! This palette comes in Dim Light, Incandescent Light, and Radiant Light. Foundation alone can sometimes be too matte / flat, so this really brings out some natural dimensions and softness to your face.

Pros:
    - a little bit goes a long way
    - gives a nice glowing complexion
    - subtle
    - brightens/highlights the face
    - has 3 different powders

Cons:
    - expensive, especially since it is not a staple product in a girl's makeup collection (but it's a steal if you were going to buy the individual one anyways)

They have a new Holiday Collection Palette this season that I just bought and I can't wait to try it ! It has 6 different powders, and includes their blush and bronzer powders !

September 09, 2015

As someone with very pale skin, I didn't even consider getting this palette until recently, when a lovely YouTuber who is as fair as me showed how she used it as a very slight contour/bronzer (yup, some of us use a highlighter as a bronzer, ha!) Well, I'm an idiot with anything more than basic foundation and blush, but I'm hooked. Radiant and Dim lights work great as a very subtle colour on my cheeks, and Incandescent is lovely at the top of the cheekbones. The formula is so finely milled that it doesn't feel too powdery and is almost foolproof. Hourglass makes beautiful products, and this is no exception. Highly recommend!

June 17, 2015

Pretty pricey! But the look and feel of it is fantastic. Brightens my face beautifully. Was a treat to buy this!

June 17, 2015

Love this palette! I'm pretty fair (NC15 at MAC) and I would buy this palette again just for the middle highlight. It's the only one I've found so far that looks like I have that "lit from within" look as it's a very cool icy sheen. The first one I just use to set as it doesn't really have much of a colour but it does give you a bit of a glow. The last one looks really good over a contour just to add a bit of warmth to the skin. None of the colours has huge flecks of glitter which is nice..it's just a very subtle shimmer. And considering the individuals are $52 CAD (though bigger) this is a steal for $67.

November 21, 2014

It's a very pretty palette for highlighting. Some colors are better for some people so a bit of experimenting is needed to find the right color for yourself.

October 30, 2014

This is the first 'highlighting powder' I have ever purchased, and I am in love with how it makes my skin look. Extremely soft powder. I will never go without it!

October 22, 2014

If you love highlighting your face then this product is made for you. If you haven't purchased any of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders, then you should definitely purchase this. Considering how pricey one ambient lighting powder is, this palette comes with 3 powders, which of course are a bit smaller than the original sized ones. Honestly, who will use up a whole highlighter that quickly though? This product is definitely amazing quality and in the end, its worth the price. The powders are so finely milled it does not look or feel cakey at all. Highly pigmented and provides you with a luminous glow.

Winslow has posted in the forum topic
    Dream destination?

NikkiS added a new review for
    Karlovačko

NikkiS earned the Food & Drink Legend badge

samanthamilner has posted in the forum topic
    Maybelline New York Campaign