Ipsy Reviews
#2 in Beauty Kit

June 04, 2020

Ipsy May 2020

This his my @ipsy May 2020 bag.

Products:
    •Soroci Spot Light Eye Cream
    •Tarte H2O Gloss in "Sail Away"
    •Pure Brazilian Daily Anti-frizz Serum
    •Goldfaden Solution Wakeup Call
    •Farah makeup brush

I've only tried the lip gloss so far. It's okay but I don't love it and wouldn't buy the full size.

2.0/5

April 29, 2020

An absolute nightmare

I kept seeing friends post about Ipsy and it looked like a pretty cute way to try some products. I signed up and my first bag was “lost in transit” - I get it, it happens. I got the replacement and was pretty happy with it even though I couldn’t use one product because it was empty (they said they would replace but they did not have any left) and one because it was a BB cream but was SUPER dark even though I had put that I’m fair. Second bag came, and I was missing products. Contacted them and they sent them out. Third bag is when I finally decided to cancel. I received a broken makeup brush, broken eyeshadow and a lip gloss that was so dry and crumbly.
    I went on my account and cancelled and then got notification the following month that they tried to bill me again but couldn’t (in the meantime I had switched credit cards as mine was expired and I got a new number as I changed to a rewards card) so I emailed them and explained that I had cancelled (still had the email confirmations of this) and to please ensure that they don’t try to bill me again. This went on for THREE MONTHS! After another very wordy email, I finally got through to them and they stopped but I did continue to receive come back emails until I finally unsubscribed.
    Never again and I would NOT recommend

April 03, 2020

Love

I just started subscribing to IPSY and I love it. It provides the best opportunity to try out products from quality brands you may have never heard of, or deluxe sizes from bigger brands that are usually quite pricy. They also come in the cutest little makeup bag. I use the bags for going out. I have received so many nice compliments on my last bag. You can also add in products that you haven’t gotten in your bag that you wanted to try for a discounted price. Overall, I believe it is worth the price. After conversion it is around $20. The value of you add it up is there. I highly recommend giving them a try. Nothing keeps you from trying out a single month and unsubscribing if it isn’t for you. Personally, I cannot wait until my next month!

April 03, 2020

Great value

I joined ipsy to learn more about makeup and skincare. It has been great in the 8 months ive been subscribed. Ive learned many new techniques as well as just general product information. I now am willing to buy products i never would have looked at before Ipsy.

February 25, 2020

Like having a mini Christmas in the mailbox every month

IPSY, is amazing you get a mini Christmas in the mailbox every month. Its a great chance to try products out there that arent just full of samples. When you find things you really like you also get a chance to get it again and stock up on it a little. The best part is every month you get a new make up bag to use and show off.

February 01, 2020
    Saskatchewan, Canada

My favourite subscription! Great items awesome price!

Just as my headline states this is a very fun subscription to have. I've had it for many years and always enjoy it! It comes to around $15 Can, and you get 5 items plus a make-up case. On occasion there is also the option to add-on items at a pretty low price point. Additionally there is a system of points for reviews, where you can choose an extra product free. Usually takes 6months to get enough points, but it's a neat bonus. I rarely get anything I don't like. There is a really good survey of what types of products you do and don't like. If something does come that isn't for me it's kinda fun to hand it off to a friend that I know it will work better for. As you can see I love this subscription and would be sad if it went away. :)

December 20, 2019

I love ipsy, unfortunatley

I love getting my monthly glam bags I get to try new products before i spend the money purchasing the full size. I also like that I actually even get to try products i never would have otherwise Ipsy also informs of ingredients and how to use the product they even have tutorials. The customer service has been great addressing any issues or conerns i may have but..the one glitch is being from Canada i cant order product from them at there great prices. Sadly i didnt know this prior

0.8/5

November 12, 2019
    Florida, United States

From False Advertising to Bad Customer Support

It is very rare that I cannot find at least a small positive with a product or service and this is one of those rare experiences. I subscribed to Ipsy 4 years ago and was thrilled to move up to the Glam Bag Plus. Even though I routinely received red lipstick and a black liquid eyeliner in every box/bag when I specifically marked my profile as not for me and monthly reviewed my dislike of the color, categories and formulas. Then I was offered the GlamBag Ultimate two months prior to it shipping and I was so excited because they specifically said that they were going to be customizing our products based on the profile and based on the product that we chose for ourselves. It was going to be 8 full size high quality products and 4 deluxe samples worth $250. Not up to $250 or approximately. I received my Ultimate and was so let down that I contacted them. My box had 4 full size products (including a red lipstick and black liquid eyeliner!) and some generic paper face masks from brands that I have never heard of! Keeping an open mind I started looking up the products and realized that my box value was $136 based on the product manufacturer prices with no discounts or sales taken in to consideration. So I contacted them again and expressed my concern and requested a refund or even a credit for the next month. I was offered 800 points to get a sample size product from them. No apology or even acknowledgment of how I felt. Nothing! I canceled all of my subscriptions with them and I even waited 6 weeks to write any reviews because I wanted to write based on the facts and not based on my emotions and anger.

November 08, 2019
    Ohio, United States

Good for new products

I have been a member of Ipsy for 6 months now and have been introduced to many brands I would not know about otherwise. It's great to get samples, deluxe samples and a few times I have received full size products. Recently they raised the price from $10 to $12 supposedly to offer a better personalized experience. I haven't notice improvements for the addition $2 and would like the $10 back.

October 23, 2019
    Saskatchewan, Canada

If you love trying new products, Ipsy is a must

I love sample products because I love trying new things! If you're like me and love the newness of a product as much as its effect, Ipsy is a great way to satisfy the urge to buy new makeup. You get 5 sample sized products every month, with options to add on more items and opportunities to get new items for free by reviewing the items in your bag. It's great!