Ipsy Reviews
#2 in Beauty Kit

July 01, 2021

Like Christmas!

Every month I look forward to getting my Ipsy bag. It’s got really cool sample sized cosmetics, makeup brushes etc… all in a cool little makeup bag. It’s like Christmas every month. You receive stuff based on your personal preferences. I highly recommend.

June 06, 2021

Why I am Breaking Up with Ipsy

So I have been subscribed off and on with Ipsy for about 5 years now. I took a break for a couple of years because I was receiving too many duplicate products or ones that I didn't want or need. Last May, I decided to re-subscribe to as a pick-me-up at the start of the pandemic. Initially I was thrilled with my first 6 or so Glam Bags. I found that the Beauty Quiz was pretty accurate and I was actually receiving products that I liked and wanted. I was also impressed with the brand selection and discovered some great new products that I actually added to my skincare routine. But then the wheels started to fall off one by one by one. First was when I started to receive duplicate or similar products every month. Therefore, every month I would have to go into my Beauty Quiz and switch a category to "rarely" so stop getting another type of that product in my next bag. But no big deal because hey, at least we can customize right? Then I found out about the DLS controversy which I missed the first time when I was unsubscribed. I had two DLS affiliate products (Beauty Basics and Glow on 5th) in one of my Glam bags. For the sake of brevity, I won't get into the ethics of Ipsy partnering with these companies but there is a Reddit post about Ipsy, DLS and Alibaba for those who are curious. When I emailed Ipsy to complain, customer service did everything they could to avoid discussing these brand vendors with me so Strike Two for Ispy. And Strike 3 has been how long it now takes for me to get my bags. I have been getting them later and later and am not sure if it's an issue with their fulfillment centre or DHL or both. As Canadians, it's bad enough that we can't get GBP or GBX but we also have to pay for shipping and our deliveries are late. So after careful consideration, I will be cancelling my subscription once I use up my points and I'll be subscribing to a Canadian beauty box. I'm not recommending other subscribers to cancel as this is a personal choice of mine though I know I'm not the only one frustrated with them. Ipsy just simply no longer checks off boxes for what I look for in a subscription service.

April 02, 2021
    California, United States

I could be biased but this is the best subscription for me

I’m a flight attendant and always on the go so getting all of these sample sized products every month really works well with my lifestyle. I can’t be lugging around full sized products in my suitcase everywhere I go. It’s nice to be able to try out new brands I’ve never heard of before and get some from iconic brands that I already love. Some months I will admit they fall short on adhering I my preferences but other months they are spot on!

March 27, 2021

I just re-subscribed

I started Ipsy about 4 years ago and I did for about 6 months. I discovered so many amazing products and brands thanks to it! So I decide to restart it a few months ago. It’s a little treat for myself and it’s also affordable!

January 07, 2021

it's great

I love that you get a variety of products that you can test before purchasing because they tend to be of high value. The price isn't bad at all and you can choose to do monthly or yearly subscription.

January 05, 2021

Oh. My. GAWD!! I can NOT say enough good things about IPSY!!

I've been an IPSY subscriber for over 2 years now and have yet to receive a repeat product. This remains THE most affordable beauty subscription to date coming in at under $15 cad after factoring in USD to CAD exchange, taxes and shipping. The size of the products are perfect for me to try' I'd normally be sick of a product and ready to try something new by that point anyway!! I just wish they'd expand to offer Glam Bag X and onwards in Canada. Or even just for me. Thatd do ;)

November 10, 2020

Fun Subscription box!!

I was given a "try your first Ipsy bag free" from a friend. So I decided to sign up and try it out. I was very happy with my first bag, I thought they did well with sending me items I would like to try. I did purchase 2 add ons before my bag shipped. I did get 2 sheet masks, a contour brush, a brow mascara, a black eye liner and a bb tinted cream. My only complaint was that the tinted cream they sent me was a dark colour and I am very fair skinned. Otherwise I was very pleased and I did sign up for a second month.

October 30, 2020

Great way to try new products!

I love my IPSY subscription. I was with Ipsy for 2 years, cancelled (due to financial reasons) and recently rejoined. They've made many improvements since I was first a member. I am now finding the products really are tailored to me and the things that come are things I find myself using and eager to purchase. It's also a fun little treat that comes once a month and gives me something to look forward to in the mail! I enjoy that I can pay monthly or a year up front.

October 25, 2020

Love my Ipsy bag!

I have been receiving my Ipsy bag for the past year and have been very satisfied with 95% of the products I have received. It is an amazing value for what you get and although you cannot choose your items every month, you can change your preferences to get certain items more or less frequently.

July 09, 2020

Great monthly surprise.

This was a very nice surprise for the month I received setting spray, a beautiful lip liner, the best liquid eyeliner I've ever had, an amazing blending brush just for an example little pricy for me being in Canada it's actually a little more then $16 (usd-cad). But I do encourage you to try at least one time.