Ipsy Reviews
#2 in Beauty Kit

February 01, 2020
    Saskatchewan, Canada

My favourite subscription! Great items awesome price!

Just as my headline states this is a very fun subscription to have. I've had it for many years and always enjoy it! It comes to around $15 Can, and you get 5 items plus a make-up case. On occasion there is also the option to add-on items at a pretty low price point. Additionally there is a system of points for reviews, where you can choose an extra product free. Usually takes 6months to get enough points, but it's a neat bonus. I rarely get anything I don't like. There is a really good survey of what types of products you do and don't like. If something does come that isn't for me it's kinda fun to hand it off to a friend that I know it will work better for. As you can see I love this subscription and would be sad if it went away. :)

December 20, 2019

I love ipsy, unfortunatley

I love getting my monthly glam bags I get to try new products before i spend the money purchasing the full size. I also like that I actually even get to try products i never would have otherwise Ipsy also informs of ingredients and how to use the product they even have tutorials. The customer service has been great addressing any issues or conerns i may have but..the one glitch is being from Canada i cant order product from them at there great prices. Sadly i didnt know this prior

0.8/5

November 12, 2019
    Florida, United States

From False Advertising to Bad Customer Support

It is very rare that I cannot find at least a small positive with a product or service and this is one of those rare experiences. I subscribed to Ipsy 4 years ago and was thrilled to move up to the Glam Bag Plus. Even though I routinely received red lipstick and a black liquid eyeliner in every box/bag when I specifically marked my profile as not for me and monthly reviewed my dislike of the color, categories and formulas. Then I was offered the GlamBag Ultimate two months prior to it shipping and I was so excited because they specifically said that they were going to be customizing our products based on the profile and based on the product that we chose for ourselves. It was going to be 8 full size high quality products and 4 deluxe samples worth $250. Not up to $250 or approximately. I received my Ultimate and was so let down that I contacted them. My box had 4 full size products (including a red lipstick and black liquid eyeliner!) and some generic paper face masks from brands that I have never heard of! Keeping an open mind I started looking up the products and realized that my box value was $136 based on the product manufacturer prices with no discounts or sales taken in to consideration. So I contacted them again and expressed my concern and requested a refund or even a credit for the next month. I was offered 800 points to get a sample size product from them. No apology or even acknowledgment of how I felt. Nothing! I canceled all of my subscriptions with them and I even waited 6 weeks to write any reviews because I wanted to write based on the facts and not based on my emotions and anger.

November 08, 2019
    Ohio, United States

Good for new products

I have been a member of Ipsy for 6 months now and have been introduced to many brands I would not know about otherwise. It's great to get samples, deluxe samples and a few times I have received full size products. Recently they raised the price from $10 to $12 supposedly to offer a better personalized experience. I haven't notice improvements for the addition $2 and would like the $10 back.

October 23, 2019
    Saskatchewan, Canada

If you love trying new products, Ipsy is a must

I love sample products because I love trying new things! If you're like me and love the newness of a product as much as its effect, Ipsy is a great way to satisfy the urge to buy new makeup. You get 5 sample sized products every month, with options to add on more items and opportunities to get new items for free by reviewing the items in your bag. It's great!

September 05, 2019

Beauty items for a good deal, I'm a monthly subscriber.

I love being able to try new beauty products, but normally it would break the bank. With ipsy you can try new products every month. Some things are amazing, some things are duds it's really luck of the draw. I love that you can also add on full sized items for a really good price.

August 29, 2019

Best monthly subscription beauty bag!

Been with Ipsy for years now and have had an exceptional experience all around. Customer service is top notch. They are always quick to respond and always go above and beyond. Price has remained the same yet service improved greatly. Products are always brand name and packaged beautifully. Makeup bags are gorgeous and top quality. Personalized picks now available and subscription based on personal information you provide and are able to alter anytime. Variety of subscription options available if you want more or less, plus they have a points system to get free goodies!

August 26, 2019

i cannot get enough

I love this service. I can choose from hair, nail, skin and make-up products. Customize what i recieve and can update my preferences as often as i want too.
    They send you 5 products and a cute bag every month, and at least one product is full sized. Its a great way to test out new colors, scents and makeup without having to pay for something you might not like. And bonus, they ship so you can buy what you love straight from the site

1.5/5

July 18, 2019

Ipsy bag

Shipping costs high and advertised in usd value, so it’s not just “ten dollars” for shipping. The things you get aren’t even close to what you set your profile to receive... some few and far between gems in it like brushes and or the brand name samples they send

July 17, 2019

I love Ipsy!

I was really skeptical at first, with the exchange rate & shipping to Canada this ends up being about $21 so I signed up to give it a try. After getting the first month I wasn't super impressed but signed back up out of pure FOMO. I am SO happy I did. Every month has been getting better than the rest. I always get at least one luxury brand as well as others I wouldn't have heard of otherwise. I even get excited about the makeup bags, I have endless uses for adorable makeup bags! Shipping is always fast, even being in Canada I get my bags a few days after they ship. I cannot wait for my August revel!