Jamberry TruShine Gel Polish Reviews

Ranked #218 out of 1565 in Nail Polish

July 24, 2017

Awesome on top of wraps

I was first introduced to the Jamberry nail wraps and after a few years of using them, they came out with the Jamberry Tru Shine home gel manicure system. I was anxious to try the gels on top of my wraps in hopes they would make my wraps last longer.

Once you have applied your wraps, it's very easy to top them with the Jamberry Tru Shine gel (clear of course) and gel top coat (also clear). You use the LED lamp provided by Jamberry which is perfectly timed for their gels (which by the way were made by the same company who developed Shellac).

By topping my wraps with the Jamberry Tru Shine gel, they did last about a week longer than they normally world.

I'm not a fan of the coloured gels as they require you to soak your nails in acetone to remove and acetone damages my nails even further, but would recommend it on top of the wraps to extend their wear.

June 05, 2017

I have a love hate relationship with Jamberry gels. It all depends on the colour. Some colours are great and use 2 coats and others are so bad that they need 6 coats. Most sparkles are terrible..... A million coats! So love hate.... If you get a nice deep color gel that only needs 2 coats... Love it!

September 21, 2016

Jamberry TruShine gel polish was SO easy to apply. It has a timed LED light so I knew exactly how long to cure my nails!! The colours I've gotten have all been amazing and very concentrated so I didn't need a hundred coats.

April 28, 2016

I LOVE my TruShine kit. I was afraid to try it a first but it's so easy and the enamel really lasts. The variety of colours is awesome and, compared with regular salon visits, the price is amazing. I am hooked! :)

February 09, 2016

I have never had any experience with gel nails - let alone doing them myself but I was pleasantly surprised. The kit comes with everything you need to start. The led light is really easy to use and takes up very little space. I would definitely suggest watching a tutorial on how to apply because there is a learning curve.

January 07, 2016

Jamberry has a new Gel Polish called TruShine. I thought I'd give it a try. I had to buy the full kit with the curing LED light because I didn't have any of the items needed. The full kit was quite pricey, but if you host a party, you can get it for half price, which is what I did.
    The Gel polish goes on very smoothly, but does take quite a bit of shaking for the sparkle polishes. The LED light is timed, so there's no need to watch the clock. The process was very simple to follow & the result was very nice Gel nails.
    The true test for me was going to be if the Gel polish wrecked my nails afterwards, like other gel & acrylic nails do. The answer: very minimal damage. Right on the very end of the nail (the part I trimmed off anyways) was a little bit of damage, but that could easily be because I didn't leave the remover strips on for long enough.

I think the hardest part to take of this is the price for the full kit. Now that I have all the accessories needed, it won't be hard to keep buying Gel & using it, as it's very easy & looks amazing!

What's Your Favorite?

Mlepine earned the Beauty Expert badge

Mlepine added a new review for
    GLISS Oil Nutritive Shampoo