John Frieda 7 Day Volume In-Shower Treatment Reviews

Ranked #403 out of 1151 in Shampoo

June 13, 2017

I would recommend this treatment

I really liked this product. I felt it did add some volume to my hair, not a crazy amount or anything and I liked the way my hair felt overall. It was silky and soft and it just felt like a great hair treatment all around. I would recommend it and will most likely purchase it shortly.

May 30, 2017

This left my hair super light and airy without any flyaways. It smelled great too. I wouldn't want to use this all the time but t was a nice treat for my hair.

February 20, 2017

I have tried so many "once-a-week-leave-in-treatments" for my hair, with mixed results. I have EXTREMELY fine hair, which is always crying out for volume. After using this product ONCE, and then with each successive use, I have seen incredible volume and texture added to my hair. Another winner from the always fabulous John Frieda. Salon quality for a reasonable price point.

November 29, 2016

I did receive a sample in of the shampoo conditioner and treatment from John Frieda. It defiantly gives you volume and makes your hair actually feel thicker. even easier to style. trade off was how my hair felt to the touch , you could feel the product. I have thin hair and have tried other products this is the first that gave real volume. I will be buying this just not using it all the time.

June 03, 2016

i received a free sample of John Frieda's 7 day volume In Shower Treatment in the mail. Along with a sample of step 1 shampoo and step 2 conditioner with the In shower treatment being step 3. This product in particular is a thick bluish green treatment that has an appealing smell and feels much like the concentrated conditioners that one would receive in a box of DIY hair colour.

Used in conjunction with the first two steps being the Shampoo and Conditioner, i felt a difference in the texture of my hair immediately after using the shampoo. After i completed the next two steps and stepping out the shower to towel dry my hair, my hair feltl as though it hadn't been washed in a week and was full of dry shampoo. After the three step process I was expecting to have my hair feel soft and silky...

However, with that being said, as i began to blow dry my hair in order to style it for the day I was happy to instantly notice that my hair, which is quite short having been shaved with a 6 step and longer hair of about 3-4 in inches on the top was drying looking and feeling much more thicker and fuller than usual. A pleasant after affect.

My hair actually looked great! I struggle greatly styling my hair because unless I use a magnitude of different products such as, root boost, hair serum, styling gels, sprays, lotions and potions, brushes and back combing it is difficult to keep any hint of volume in my fine, straight hair.

I was very pleased with the product when styling immediately after the first treatment but..I DO have concerns about whether this product will live up to its name. On day two, I showered and wet my hair but did not use anything in it. Upon styling for the day, my hair felt and looked no where near volumized nor did it look as good as it had the day before.

I don't believe this product will have satisfactory results unless the shampoo itself is used daily seeing how this was the product that made me feel the difference in my hair.

Nice Idea, but maybe more like ALL DAY VOLUME..rather than the promise of 7.

3.2/5

February 17, 2016

This product is good but I wish it was better. The pros is that if you have shorter hair and layers you'll be able to see the volume after a blow out. The cons that I had encountered is that because I have long hair (past shoulders) with few layers the bulk of the volume was near the top of head and framed my face. After giving myself a blow out I would say the style lasted almost 3 days. My only gripe with it is that I do find it to be a little drying on the ends even after conditioning (like the box tells you to) prior to using the treatment.

January 31, 2016

'm really impressed with this product. I kept seeing great reviews, but didn't have much hope in it. Well it's super easy to use, just a few added minutes to your shower, no big deal. Doesn't change the texture of your hair, doesn't feel like you striped it, which is why you have more “volume”. It does what it says. Your hair looks and feels great and the same, but with way more volume. My hair isn't overly thin but had been thinning and this product makes me feel a lot better about my hair now, without breaking the bank!

January 21, 2016

Interesting way of adding volume to the hair. It did require an extra step in the shower in order to apply this stuff (much like a conditioner), but the time saved trying to get my hair thick and full made it worth it. Despite the description, it did not require that much product to be applied to work - even on my long hair. My mane looked thicker with a bounce. This effect lasted a few washes (2-3). It would be a 7 day volume possibility as long you washed your hair every second day. The scent was light and pleasant.

It is expensive for a store product, but it should be a worthy, time saving option for fine, limp hair.

August 18, 2015

This treatment left my hair feeling smooth and actually look thicker.

July 11, 2015

I tried a sample of this, and using much less than recommended, I found it did add to the feeling of fullness in my hair, but didn't last more than a couple of washes. It's just as easy to use a 'thickening' styling product, so i'm not certain I'll bother.

Mlepine has posted in the forum topic
    books

Alayne earned the Beauty Guru badge

Mlepine has started a new forum topic
    Mascara suggestions?

akav added a new review for
    MAC Lip Liner in Soar

dperrault has posted in the forum topic
    What is your fave classic movie?

gotmills added a new review for
    pinesol lavender