John Frieda Defy Grey Brunette Blending Blow Dry Foam Reviews

Gradually infuses brunette tones to blend away first greys.

Formulated with coffee extract and GreyBlend™ technology, Defy grey Brunette Blending Blow Dry Foam gradually infuses brunette tones to blend away first greys.

HOW TO USE: Dispense 5 pumps and apply to clean, towel-dried hair, starting with greys. Use more or less depending on hair length and thickness. For even colour result, apply throughout lengths of hair. Do not rinse out. Wash hands. Apply additional styling products if desired. Blow dry on high heat to activate foam.

For best results, use with Defy Grey shampoo & conditioner. Use after each wash until desired colour result is achieved, then as needed to maintain blended result.

Barnet, United Kingdom

Great product

Blow dry foam gradually reduces the amount of visible gray hair. makes hair full of vibrant colour. Foam activates under the influence of heat and as in the case of a conditioner I recommend putting on gloves before applying the product to protect the skin from dyeing. I noticed that it helps with hair styling. The product is very efficient, a little goes a long way. I recommend it to anyone who, like me struggles with the problem of gray hair

1.8/5

Leeds, United Kingdom

Not impressed

To be honest I am not sure what this is good for
    I loved the shampoo and conditioner but unsure about this
    I applied a pump to wet hair
    Firstly its foamy to begin with but as soon as it touched my hair it turned watery. Doesnt smell nice and feels not so nice
    I will continue using it with the shampoo amd conditioner in hopes it covers my early grays.

United Kingdom

Life saver!

If you don't have time to dye your roots and those tinted dry shampoo sprays make your scalp itchy (which they really do with mine, more trouble than they're worth!) This is your answer! It goes on as a foam and you can build it up as much as you want and it doesn't make your hair stiff or sticky or any of the grusome of things that hair mousse can do!
    you simply wash your hair and while it's still damp squirtle it on your roots and comb it through. Then blow dry your hair and you will see a subtle difference at your roots and also your scalp will probably be a little bit tinted, which gives the look of more hair and volume.
    Smells lovely and you can't even tell you've got anything on your hair as it doesn't weigh it down like a normal hair mousse.

Cardiff, United Kingdom

Fantastic product

This blow dry foam really worked well on my hair. It does actually blend in my greys well and feels like my hair is being protected while blow drying it.
    It has a nice scent and does not leave my hair feeling heavy and weighed down.

2.8/5

Warwickshire, United Kingdom

The finishing touch to the range

I have dark brown hair and have discovered a few greys have started growing so I was very excited to try this range of blending products. The foam is quite smooth and it has a bit of a strong smell. It glides well on my hair and I guess it is a good finishing touch to the shampoo and conditioner. I didn’t quite like how if felt on my hair and how it made my hands yellow. My hair felt smooth and soft after using the three products but it made my hair a slightly lighter shade of brown (which I didn’t like) and my hands were a yellow. Apart from that I didn't notice anything else or any change to my greys. I persevered and used the range a few more times but my greys are still not covered. My roots do seem a slightly different shade to my usual dark brown but I haven't noticed any change to my greys. I will continue using the shampoo and conditioner but perhaps not the foam as I didn’t enjoy how it felt on my hair.

Manchester, United Kingdom

Remember to wash your hands!

This blow dry mousse had an easy to use directional pump nozzle, and the mousse formula is easy to apply. However, you must wash your hands after applying and before you begin blow drying! The smell of the mousse isn't great, but I couldn't smell it on my hair after blow drying. I think the main purpose of this product is to blend away greys, alongside the shampoo and conditioner, which having used it for a few weeks, it does seem to achieve, but it offers no other benefits that I've noticed and didn't seem to protect my hair from the heat of styling or leave my hair any smoother or sleeker.

1.7/5

Worcestershire, United Kingdom

Not as good as the rest of range

I didn’t see any difference before and after using the product.
    It does have a nice ‘professional’ smell to it, but I needed to use additional product in my hair to style it.

Cardiff, United Kingdom

Works well when used with other products from range

Really nice product easy to use, doesn’t leave horrible residue on hair.
    Have only used with other products in the range, when combined does blend my little grey hairs.
    Great product to use when blow drying hair.

Lincolnshire, United Kingdom

Foamtastic

I literally just used it for the first time after using shampoo and conditioner.
    Absolutely love it. I thought it might leave my hair dry and sticky but no - so amazing, shiny and thick looking hair!
    It covered most of my gray hair (I love my grays so it doesn't bother me if they can be seen or not) and I used to bleach my hair now returning back to brown they faded a bit, this has blended in the colours and it looks lush.
    Definitely would purchase this myself!!
    And recommended it 100%

Haringey, United Kingdom

Defy grey? Definitely yes!

#gotitfree thank you for letting me try this foam! I'm in love.
    Used after shampoo and conditioner it really helps covering my greys, especially on the roots. It also made my curls very defined, but not heavy or greasy. A must have!
    Just remember to wash your hand straight away after using it or it will stain.