John Frieda Defy Grey Brunette Blending Shampoo Reviews
#29 in Shampoo

Gradually blends away first greys into brunette tones.

Formulated with coffee extract and GreyBlend ™ technology, Defy Grey Brunette Blending Shampoo gradually blends away first greys by infusing warm brunette tones into grey strands for a naturally blended brunette look.

HOW TO USE: Apply liberally throughout wet hair.  Lather.  Leave on at least 3-5 minutes for the first use.  Leave on up to 3 minutes for each subsequent use. Rinse well. To tame and blend away wiry greys, follow with Defy Grey conditioner. For optimal grey blending results, finish with Defy Grey foam.

November 02, 2019
    United Kingdom

Good results after one use

I used the shampoo and followed with the conditioner . The shampoo has a great texture thick enough that the bottle will
    Last for ages but not too thick to be gloopy and weigh hair down . Has a nice brown colour with I would say silky sheen to it . Washed my hair well it felt
    Clean and I rinsed hands while
    Leaving shampoo on for a couple
    Of Minutes to prevent staining . Blew dry hair and I think it looks a nice healthy brunette , no pesky
    Grey that I could see although I have only Found one or two before anyway . I like Most
    Women have a multitude of requirements when choosing shampoo I look for volume and whilst not designed for this this product certainly did not leave hair flat and lifeless. But I also suffer from dry hair and do not feel this combo is that nourishing . I would use this product as part of hair care routine alternating with a nourishing shampoo and conditioner .

November 02, 2019
    Haringey, United Kingdom

Oh yes!

#gotitfree I was lucky enough to try this shampoo for free, I wasn't sure about it but after using it I couldn't believe my eyes! My natural hair is brunette, I dye but greys are easy spot after a bit. This shampoo is making me able to delay next dye, it covered greys and whites, you really can't see them! The colour turned out natural and warm, I love it! It also cleaned my hair very well, used with its conditioner is a great combo!

Kingston upon Hull, United Kingdom

Lovely!

#gotitfree i really liked the smell of this shampoo and it really cleaned my hair although it was a bit messy felt like i was dying my hair, but saying that i think it has blurred the greys i do have, but then again I don't have many, i would recommend even as a normal shampoo and conditioner.

Perfect!

I have been using this along with the condition and blow dry foam for the last few weeks and I love it! I have a few pesky greys which I occasionaly dye to cover up but this covers them up instantly and no need to dye my hair!

I love the warm brown colour it gives my hair along with a fab shine.

0.5/5

United Kingdom

Leaves hair smooth and soft

Was excited to try this product when I received it after loving other John Frieda products however this massively disappointed me. I used this as instructed and left it on for the correct length of time each time and can’t say I noticed any difference to my hair. The only difference I noticed was that this along with the conditioner managed to turn my hands orange. It did leave my hair nice and soft but sadly I won’t be using or buying this again as it left me looking like I’d done bad fake tan. I feel like other John Frieda products will give me Hair looking just as good without impacting my hands

Camden, United Kingdom

This could change my life!

Ive used this twice (along with matching conditioner and blow dry foam) and the greys aroung my temples are definitely less visible..... if this continues, will it cahnge my life? Yes, i think it just might!!
    #gotitfree

October 31, 2019
    Haringey, United Kingdom

Leaves hair shiny

I only have a couple of greys, that aren’t noticeable, after using this shampoo for a few days I couldn’t find them anymore, it is a strong brown colour, I was concerned it may stain skin but washed off well, left hair really shiny when used with the conditioner.

October 30, 2019
    Havering, United Kingdom

Easy to use shampoo

I was a bit concerned using it the first time as it was dark coloured. I thought it would stain my light coloured towels. I loved the smell of this shampoo. It was nice and creamy and it had a nice lather not too much like some I use. It left my hair nice and fresh. I only used it a couple of times so far so I am not sure if my grey hair went darker but I will continue to use this product.

October 30, 2019
    Wolverhampton, United Kingdom

JOHN FRIEDA DEFY GREY BRUNETTE BLENDING SHAMPOO

I saw a difference in the appearance of my hair after a few uses. My hair smells lovely and greys hair were blended away. The shampoo lathered really well and left was hair nice and smooth.

October 29, 2019
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom

Great for brunettes

First time trying I was concerned about the colour of the shampoo and if it's going to colour my skin, hands and tiles in my shower. But it was not the case.
    The shampoo has a nice scent that isn't too strong. It feels nice while washing my hair, and, after rinsing it it didn't leave it feeling dry. I struggled with my extra oily roots but after this shampoo my hair feels so nice and light and feeling clean after two days without going greasy.
    I'd definitely purchase this shampoo myself.