John Frieda Defy Grey Brunette Blending Shampoo Reviews
#32 in Shampoo

Gradually blends away first greys into brunette tones.

Formulated with coffee extract and GreyBlend ™ technology, Defy Grey Brunette Blending Shampoo gradually blends away first greys by infusing warm brunette tones into grey strands for a naturally blended brunette look.

HOW TO USE: Apply liberally throughout wet hair.  Lather.  Leave on at least 3-5 minutes for the first use.  Leave on up to 3 minutes for each subsequent use. Rinse well. To tame and blend away wiry greys, follow with Defy Grey conditioner. For optimal grey blending results, finish with Defy Grey foam.

December 17, 2019
    Wolverhampton, United Kingdom

Smells amazing

The shampoo smelt amazing! It was a perfect fix to my grey hairs. I only used a small amount which was enough to lather up and cleanse my hair. It didn't leave my hair greasy and after a couple of uses I could definitely notice a difference.

November 26, 2019
    England, United Kingdom

Glossy and sleek!

I love this shampoo and used it alongside the conditioner and blow dry foam to get maximum results. It made a massive difference to my hair colour and really revived my brunette hair.
    This will definitely be part of my hair care routine now.

November 26, 2019
    Denbighshire, United Kingdom

Fab! Smells lovely

This was fab! Leaves hair soft and shiny! A bit messy but that might just be me haha but works a treat in those pesky greys
    Lovely results after just 1 use. Highly recommend

November 20, 2019
    Central Bedfordshire, United Kingdom

A lovely shampoo

I really like this shampoo it smells lovely, lathers up well and lessens greys! What more could you ask for. It leaves my hair looking really healthy and clean.

November 15, 2019
    North Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Great product

First thing: this is almost like a tint... although it doesn’t not change your hair color... but it leaves resíduo on your hands and floor. At first use, I was scared of it... that’s why I’m writing this here. That being said... I love the shampoo and conditioner. Shampoo cleaned my hair really well and it really helped with those greys in the front. Plus: smells AMAZING!

November 14, 2019
    United States

Great product for those pesky grey hairs

I loved this shampoo ! I have the odd few grey hairs and have been wanting something to cover them up a little and this product is what I’ve been waiting for.
    It left my hair feeling soft and smelt nice too, would definitely recommend !

November 13, 2019
    East Ayrshire, United Kingdom

Great product

Fantastic product, I love John freida anyway and a shampoo which helps hide those sneaky greys and keeps my hair soft, shiny and manageable is just great! Used with the conditioner and blow dry mouse my hair looked great!

November 11, 2019
    Glasgow City, United Kingdom

Definitely defied my greys.

When I first got this shampoo, I was a bit sceptical whether it would combat my greys!! I’m not silver fox grey, just the odd grey hair popping through.
    Anyway after the first wash, didn’t really notice much of a difference, after continuous usage I noticed a big difference.
    Streak-free hair now!!!

November 10, 2019
    Bristol, United Kingdom

Really cleaning

Really enjoyed how glossy this made my hair feel and I feel like it did madly my greys I love the fact that i also smells nice as for me most shampoos like this smell awful! This is definitely a staple now

November 10, 2019
    Birmingham, United Kingdom

Definitely works to blend colour

This is a brown shampoo with a shimmery golden tone to it. On application, it says to use it liberally to achieve a result and leave on for 5 minutes, on the initial wash. I have thick hair so tend to need a lot of product to wash my hair, so this suited me. It foams very well on washing, which I really like. On foaming it does produce a brown foam, but it does not discolour your hands as you might think it will. It has a mild, pleasant, none chemical scent and left my hair feeling very clean once used. I have course, stubborn grey hair above my ears, and I did find that these appeared less obvious after using the three stages, a couple of times, allowing me to wear my hair up with more confidence. Furthermore, I have naturally, very dark brown hair, with a lighter, auburn brown dye at the ends. This product also gave my dyed hair a less harsh tone which I really liked. I got this Shampoo free to test and this is my opinion on this product.