Keurig Special Edition Brewer Reviews

Ranked #6 out of 613 in Coffee

The Special Edition Brewing System is our mid-luxury home brewing system that offers a blend of styling and convenient features. The Special Edition features chrome accents, a blue, back lit LCD display and three brew size options. Programmable features include a Digital Clock, Adjustable Temperature and Auto On/Off. The 48-ounce removable water reservoir holds up to eight cups before refilling and for the removable drip tray allows for easy cleaning and the use of travel mugs.At initial set up, once the machine is filled with water, it will take approximately 4-minutes for the water will be heated. During the heating period the red light next to ‘HEATING’ on the LED Control Center will become illuminated. Once the water is heated, the red light will turn off and the Small Mug Button will flash. Press the Small Mug Button to start a cleansing brew. Pour the hot water into the sink. The Brewer may take 15 seconds to reheat water between brews during which time the red light next to ‘HEATING’ on the LED Control Center may be illuminated. When the water has heated, the red light will turn off. The one-time set-up process is now complete and you are ready to brew!

May 04, 2017

I bought this machine and did not regret it. My husband and I drink different type of coffee and we used different pod, this machine makes great coffee in a minute and is easy to used. I love it

May 03, 2017

I like this for the fact that I can have something at the push of a button... Most times,

The coffee is not as hot as I like my coffee.. so I find I throw away about half a cup when I use this machine. It can be simple to work, most times.. aside from having to open and close the lid/cup holder area a few million times :) Just like everything else.. this does the job. Coffee taste depends on what you buy.

April 27, 2017

I got this for my daughter for christmas ,and she loves it.She keeps it in her room for when she needs to study,and loves trying the diffrent coffees for it.She even buy's the king Cole tea for it.

April 16, 2017

I honestly am so happy I bought this. This is the best investment as it makes so many different variety of coffees and teas. I love this so much and the way it performs. I can get myself a delicious cup of coffee in literally 2 minutes, which has saved me so much money now that I don't have to go to starbucks or Tim Hortons for a delicious cup of brewed coffee!

April 16, 2017

I use this absolutely every morning, and it has stood the test of time for a few years now. We've never had an issue with our machine, and it makes it hassle free to quickly make a cup of coffee when you're in a hurry.

April 05, 2017

Keurig rocks the house, it's a life saver in the morning! All my favourite brands and flavours of coffee are available for this brewer but it's the time saver that's really a huge honourable mention...I don't even remember what we did before this thing was invented.

March 31, 2017

I use my Keurig machine several times a day. I have a model that looks much like the photo and the version before the 2.0 which I strongly prefer as I am able to use all brands of coffee and tea pods, not just the ones made by Keurig. I think that was a big mistake on Keurig's part to try to drive us to only use Van Houtte and Green Mountain pods. I think more recently that other brands are starting to be 2,0 capable but it still makes me seriously consider another brand if this machine were to die.

I find it works quickly, is convenient and allows you to change flavours and varieties with every cup. My version allows you to choose among 5 portion sizes which is great as you can have a concentrated or more diluted cup.

It is perfect for a person living in a house with only one person drinking these beverages. I have put my regular deluxe coffee maker in the storage room which I would only bring out when many people are visiting.

I find the taste most of the time is very good. Although once in awhile I will get a beverage that tastes watery, like the machine did not work properly

That does concern me and another symptom that indicates the motor may be going is it can sound like it is really labouring to brew the cup. Whenever I hear this starting I clean it by running vinegar through it many times and then flushing it many times by running water through it until the vinegar taste is gone. So far it is working. But given I only use filtered water in it, it does make me question the quality of the machine.

March 26, 2017

This is our 2nd Keurig, we bought this after having the basic model for about 4 years.
    For us, this works, my hubby and I enjoy different brands and different strengths of coffee and it a waste having to brew two coffee pots every morning, often times I would just drink his and water mine down a bit (yuck) to save throwing half a pot out every day.

I love the convince, and especially the variety. I am a K-cup connoisseur and am a regular shopper at our local independent coffee house, they let us mix and match so we can try a few of each.

I also like the reusable filter, sometimes I just want a regular cup of Maxwell House, the flavor is the same without the plastic that has to be tossed out.

With this model I get to choose the measurement of liquid and indicate if I want a strong or week drink.
    It has a special function for just tea/hot chocolate and it looks nice on the counter with the water container lit up !!

March 01, 2017

After using my Classic for years, I thought I'd upgrade last Christmas and promptly returned it to the store. It took over 2 minutes to heat the water and the controls are a nightmare for anyone who has dexterity issues. The display is way too small and it's impossible to make selections if you are incapable of precision.

February 27, 2017

I've gone through two of these brewers before i decided to just get a coffee pot. My first machine broke after a few months so I decided to get another. After using it for a few months I decided that I didn't care for the 'sludge' that it left i the bottom of the cup.