3.9/5
LipSense by SeneGence Reviews
#21 in Lipstick

May 23, 2018

Long lasting lip colour that actually LASTS

Full, Rich pigmented bold lip colour that lasts 18+ hours, through meals, drinks, makeout sessions (lol!), even showers! We’ve all heard this before and (probably more times than we care to admit) fallen for the promise, only to be disappointed within an hour of application. Left with blotchy colour clinging to the outline of our lips and drawing unwanted attention to the dry patches it sticks to...
    But Ladies! Let me tell you, this time it’s actually true! I wouldn’t have believed it myself if I hadn’t been convinced to try it out (by the lovely brand rep) while working at a booth beside SeneGence at a local trade show. I smoke, constantly have either a coffee or bottle of water at my side, talk (a lot, lol) and have a tendency to either lick or rub my lips together a lot...so if this stuff stays put for me, I guarantee the average woman will find it lasts at least as long for them!
    I tried on a bright, vibrant (think pin-up/Hollywood starlet) Red called ‘BLU-RED’ (allegedly the brand & shade favoured by Cristina Aguilara). Not only is bright red my favourite shade, but also the “ultimate” test of the lipstick’s endurance. I put it on at 9am & literally had to scrub it off at 2am after taking a long bath! This bright red colour stayed put perfectly as if I’d just applied it 5 minutes before!!
    The next day I tried out “Kiss For a Cause” a bright fuchsia shade. Once again, the bright colour lasted right through the day & well into the night! I also took part in a “medieval” themed dinner at my local Legion that evening to really put it to the test (complete with greasy food that had to be eaten w/out utensils ie extremely messily).
    There is a specific way to apply this colour to get the rich pigmented colour however & if you don’t follow the instructions, you’ll end up with patchy colour that globs up & peels off. You need to apply 3 thin layers, allowing each layer to dry before applying the next. These layers must be applied in the same direction (think painting a wall, or regular nail polish) and do NOT touch your lips together until you’ve applied the gloss coat on top.
    The secret to making it last is to apply the gloss top coat often, especially before eating. The gloss is available in several different finishes including a matte finish, shimmer look, a classic glossy finish (my personal favourite) & a handful of others.
    It’s a little pricey compared to other lipsticks, but worth every penny! In 25+ yrs of being a makeup junkie I’ve tried almost everything & not a single makeup item has ever impressed me as much as this lipstick has! The fact that it only needs to be applied once to last all day actually makes this product cheaper per use & gives you more value than others that you have to constantly reapply and touch up.
    Try it once & I guarantee you’ll be hooked, just like I was. I promise your only disappointment will be that you didn’t try it sooner!
    My top picks for favourite shades are 1)Red-Blu, 2)Kiss For A Cause & 3)Roseberry (a more subtle every day shade).
    Helpful tip ?
    The best way to find local SeneGence dealers & get the best deals is by searching your local bidding site/marketplace groups on Facebook ??

2.3/5

April 20, 2018

Too pricey for the longevity

This product does last a long, long time. If you want super longevity than this is for you. I just found the application tedious. To get the colour I wanted, I needed to purchase several colours. I also found my lips looked very cracky a few hours from application even after following the directions.

April 06, 2018

Holy crap!! I’m in love!!!

This stuff is the Bomb!! Not to mention that they actually have an awesome balm 😂! I’ve gotten 18 hours of flawless wear!! That is unheard of for me, I always rub my lips together so generally I’m lucky to get 45 minutes out of a lipstick!!!

March 07, 2018

first time user

I recently started using lipsense and I absolutely love it! It is a long lasting smudge proof lipstick! You can literally eat and drink and it still stays on! I didn't wear lipstick until I tried lipsense ..great stuff

February 26, 2018

Best lipstick!

I recently started using lipsense and I absolutely love it! It is a long lasting smudge proof lipstick! You can literally eat and drink and kiss and it still stays on! I have 3 colours and can't wait to get more!

February 05, 2018

LIPSENSE does exactly what it says it does.

LIPSENSE is magical. It stays put all day. It doesn't smudge at all. I wear this stuff everyday and my lips have never been this healthy. You can apply the gloss as often you want to have that hydrating feel. Also, the assortment of colors is huge! Highly recommended!

0.7/5

January 23, 2018

Nope, not today.

I have a lipstick addiction. When I heard about LipSense, I was so intrigued, the colours were amazing and could not wait to try it. I absolutely do not like it !! I will never recommend LipSense to anybody. It burnt my lips, I did not like how it felt on my lips after the burning kind of went away. The colour was not good.

January 23, 2018

Where has this been all my life

So my hair dresser convinced me to try LipSense knowing that I have gluten sensitivity and not a big fan or reapplying lipstick all day. I instantly fell in love with LipSense, the color lasted all day, the gloss feels like silk on my lips and all the selections of colour help me express myself!!!

January 12, 2018

Does what it claims

I picked this up at a festival and it really surprised me. It does last until you remove it and doesn’t feel heavy. The only downside is it is a bit drying and you need to reapply a topper gloss often. I save it for occasions when I can’t reapply my lipstick. It was also a bit pricey, but at least I can count on it to perform as advertised.

January 12, 2018

Good product, good colour selection

I was a little skeptial about trying Lipsense lipsticks. They made a lot of claims. I have to say, I was quite surprised by this product! It works well and they colours to chose from are really beautiful! I didn’t find they listed as long as they claimed, a lot of the product stayed in but dried out quite a bit and didn’t look as nice! I will continue to use Lipsense and buy more colours. I like that you can layer the colours to get new looks. I have recommended this product to a few people and will continue to do so!