L'Oréal Professionnel HairChalk

Ranked #246 out of 332 in Hair Colour

Find L'Oreal Professionnel hair care products in select salons:
Calgary | Montreal | Ottawa | Toronto | Vancouver | All

February 19, 2017

I have used this a number of times and used different colours. It's really great stuff if you want a little fun colour but don't want to commit and go throw the hassle of pre-lightening your hair causing damage. It takes two minutes to apply and use a dryer to dry it. It will stay a couple of washes as well. Great to use on kids.

October 22, 2014

This liquid hair chalk is only available at L'Oreal Professionnel salons. The colour will last through 2 shampoos, on average. Each bottle retails for $25 and there are 8 colours in the range.

I did try using the makeup sponge technique for application, but it was a slight fail since the sponge ended up soaking up so much liquid that I couldn't get much on the actual hair. Therefore, I resulted to applying the product with my hands, using rubber gloves.

To be quite honest, I can't see this product showing up very well on darker hair. If you crave some vibrant highlights or lowlights, your hair would have to be a bright blonde for this product to work really nicely. Now, would I purchase this myself? $25 is a bit steep for a product that comes along with less-than vibrant results and a slight mess.