MAC Cosmetics 187 Duo Fibre Brush Reviews

Ranked #423 out of 529 in Makeup Brushes & Tools

A large full circular brush used for lightweight application and blending of face powder or pigments. Use to create soft layers or add textures. Made from a soft blend of goat and synthetic fibres. Visit http://www.maccosmetics.com for more information.

January 16, 2014

I have had this brush for years - it is my go to brush for both face powder and blush. Not cheap but worth every penny - have used brush cleaner on it dozens of times and it is still perfect.

March 23, 2012

I bought this brush after a MAC artist used it to apply foundation during a makeup appointment. I loved how it seemed to blend effortlessly.

I feel like I wasted my money. This brush does nothing but SHED. I end up pulling brush hair off my face every time I use it (and yes, I use a proper brush cleaner). I'm unhappy that I spent so much on one brush. At the time, I felt this was a stand-out product but I have seen dupes for this popping up left and right.

MAC has much better brushes and I do not recommend this one.

February 14, 2012

The bristles are dense and thick, and very straight. Makes stippling foundation easy. I bought this brush a few years ago, and loved it from the start. Its just a great quality brush.

However, at $42 a piece, the price is extremely steep. If I wrote this review a few months ago, I would have given this brush two thumbs up and advised you to run out and buy it. I used to swear by this brush until I discovered the Sephora Pro Foundation Airbrush Brush #56. That costs $32 and I find is a much better brush. So anyone looking for a foundation brush, before you shell out your cash for this one, go over to Sephora and check out their #56. It's an even better brush, gives an even better finish, and is extremely easy to use. To top it off, its $10 cheaper. Can't go wrong with that...

November 24, 2011

Love MAC brushes...theres nothing like them! Ive only ever found a great one like at MAC , at sephora...but Id suggest MAC over them anyday! Its so silky feeling and I clean as suggested. which probably helps!

August 16, 2011

This is one of my favorite makeup brushes! I'm a bit of a makeup brush snob so most of mine are from Shu Uemura, Trish McEvoy or Bobbi Brown, but I do use a few select MAC ones and this is one that is irreplaceable!

The stippling brush is excellent for a variety of things from making foundation look more natural to applying blush. I tend to use it for blush, especially for my pigmented ones from NARS. It allows you to apply color and easily build it so it's not too heavy. Gives a lot of control over the look and covers a broad area over the cheekbones.

Definitely a must have and I prefer it to using a traditional blush or loose powder brush.

March 29, 2011

This brush is amazing for applying foundation. It gives a a seamless, airbrushed look. Your foundation never looks cakey and you can apply it as sheer as you want. Just put a little foundation on the tip and swirl in a circular motion on your face.

August 19, 2010

This is a great multi-use brush. You can use it to apply foundation (liquid or cream) in a stippling motion for a flawless, airbrushed look, as well as to apply blush (powder or cream). You can also spray some M.A.C. Fix on the brush (after foundation and powder application) to give you a less powdery look.

March 19, 2010

For the most part, I love this brush. It gets the job done, and it's as smooth as a babies bottom. The downfalls I will point out however, are the obvious big price tag all MAC Brushes come with, and the fact it does shed a little. However this brush sheds less than my buffer brush by MAC so this one is the #1 on my list of MAC Brushes I have tried. Goodluck!

November 18, 2009

This brush is great and versatile. With one brush I can use it for powder foundation, blush, bronzer and even for liquid foundation for a air brush finish.

October 08, 2009

This one of my favourite brushes that I use frequently on myself or on a client. It's great for applying many things and creating different affects. I use this for buffing on powder for a natural effect, liquid and cream foundation for a buffed/airbrushed effect, and for applying cream blushes. The bristles are so soft on the skin - women always comment on how amazing it feels on their skin every time I use it. It's definitely worth the price and a great investment that will last you a long time.

Mfornalik has posted in the forum topic
    Anxiety

Mujitsu earned the Beauty Rockstar badge

Bride13 added a new review for
    Bumbo Baby Seat in Blue

Anitac45 added a new review for
    Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

Blvckut added a new review for
    Temptations Cat Treats

Ellimay has posted in the forum topic
    Anyone Picked?!