• MAC Paint Pot-Painterly
  • MAC Paint Pot-Painterly

MAC Paint Pot-Painterly Reviews

Ranked #24 out of 384 in Primer

May 08, 2017

I bought this paint pot for my wedding makeup on the advice of a friend who is a makeup artist. Today I was convinced more fully of its benefit. A paint pot (from my understanding) is like a primer for your eyelids. I forgot to put some on 1 eye today, so I had a great test of the effectiveness. After having makeup on for 12ish hours, the eyelid with the paint pot was not really creased, the colour was still pretty fresh. The other eye looked a bit greasy, a noticeable crease and much lighter in colour, like it had been rubbed a bit away. I definitely recommend buying this.

April 08, 2017

I cannot live without this. I have used it daily as my eye base for many years and will never stop. It is worth the price and is the perfect base for a cool-toned/pink undertoned girl! Nothing compares and I never allow myself to run out. Ecause it is my holy grail eye primer!

March 13, 2017

This is one of my favourite eyeshadow primers! It blends well onto my eyelid, hiding any veins or discolouration. It makes my eyeshadow appear more vibrant and lasts all day without smudging or creasing.

February 17, 2017

This product is the perfect base for your eyeshadows. It matches well my carnation (NW20) so it looks mostly nude. The only issue is that it dries kind of fast..

November 24, 2016

This paint pot is nice. The colour is very natural. I was debating between painterly and soft ochre, but the latter is a bit too bright for my skin tone. Works good as an eyeshadow base. Stops creasing, keeps colour fresh all day long. A bit pricey, but a little goes a long way.

November 18, 2016

Love this paint pot...

Any paint pot colour from MAC comes on so pigmented! The effectiveness lasts a very long time, and can be used as a base. Worth your money... a little goes a long way.

October 16, 2016

This is a nice eyeshadow base. It can also be used alone to hide veins and redness. It dries a bit faster so you have to apply quickly, for this reason I think it's a bit overpriced. Also, I suggest you test it in the store to see if it matches your skin tone. It has a pink undertone that won't necessarily neutralize redness on your skin. If that's what you want to use it for, I suggest you try "Soft ochre" from Mac instead, it has a yellow undertone.

May 04, 2016

I was given this at a sample after visiting a MAC store. It's a great base, and holds eyeshadow really well! I've never experienced creasing with this on. The one con, is that it's pretty expensive, but it does last a long time too. It's a very matte color, so personally I prefer other nude colors like "bare study" which has a shiny finish to it but that's just my opinion. Great product overall.

February 17, 2016

Eyeshadow does not budge all day when this product is apply.
    I like the natural finish the Painterly Pot have.
    It applies very smothly and I advise to not wait to long before applying your eyeshadow.
    This could tend to dry and the eyeshadow might not stick as good. Also get the jar tighten close, would not want the product to dry out. That's my opinion/advise.
    There's a lot of product in this jar to last you 1-2 years Atless but please still process beauty health and trow away expires product. You should be good if you use it mostly everyday.
    Hope this helped to make your choice. I know I cracked and I don't regret buying it.

February 08, 2016

I have oily lids and cannot wear eye shadow without a primer. The MAC Paint Pots are awesome to use as primers, especially Painterly! It prevents my eye shadow from creasing and provides coverage to hide the discoloration I have on my lids. No primer can compete. This is a Holy Grail product for me!