3.9/5
Maybelline New York Colossal Volum' Express Mascara Reviews
#6 in Mascara

Maybelline New York Colossal Volum' Express Mascara creates nine times the regular volume instantly. Its patented MegaBrush and Collagen formula plumps lashes one by one. Get dramatic  volume with no clumps! Visit maybelline.ca for more information.

December 25, 2010

Very inexpensive. Gives the effect of false lashes with only 2 coats!!! It doesn't budge or flake, whish is an added bonus :)

3.2/5

December 09, 2010

My thoughts on this product (the non-waterproof formula): I like it, but I'm not crazy about it.

First of all, I have asian lashes that stick straight down (and uncurl VERY easily, even if I use a curler of amazing quality like Shiseido's) and when I wear mascara, I want a natural, wide-eyed look that is clean and well-defined (without clumps!!) because I don't get a lot of sleep and like to look more awake. If this isn't your style, that's cool, but this is how I prefer my makeup to look.

This cost about $7 CAN, which is pretty much what you'd pay for any drugstore mascara, so the price didn't break the bank. The packaging for this product is really cute - I have to say that I first bought this product because of the bright yellow tube and the purple strip that runs around it - so adorable!! I opened my tube up, and WHAM! that "rose" smell just hit me in the face!! The smell was not noticeable after I applied this to my lashes, but I this might irritate a couple people who are very sensitive to fragrances. The formula when you first open the tube is a little bit too wet for my liking, but it does dry down a bit after a couple weeks.

I usually only wear one coat of mascara (after curling my lashes) and after doing so, I can say that this left my lashes a little bit clumpy, but nothing that couldn't be fixed by running a spoolie through it. This left me with soft, feathery looking lashes that I actually really liked and were quite pleased with. The brush on this mascara wand is pretty big though - I'd say somewhere along the size of CoverGirl's LashBlast - although it is a little bit more tapered towards the end (which some people might like if they apply mascara to their lower lashes) and I had no problems manoeuvring it around. My lashes had wilted a bit after I applied the mascara, so I curled them again and left the house happy. During the day, the mascara kinda tightened up (?) and left my eyes feeling a little bit irritated. I came back home and saw that it had flaked and smeared a little bit underneath my eyes (to which thought, 'okay, I can work with this'), but to my disappointment, my lashes were completely uncurled. I also didn't like that tight feeling that this gave my eyelashes. However, this review is only for the non-waterproof formula, maybe the WP formula would have held a curl better and not flaked?

Overall, I would not purchase this product again (because it irritated my eyes, flaked, and wilted my curl) even though it did give me the look I desire. Still looking for my mascara holy grail!!

3.2/5

November 17, 2010

Lovely mascara. Well worth the price and creates dramatic results. I love the volume. Great drug store mascara staple.

November 14, 2010

Va va va volume!
    This mascara is fantastic, easily the best I've used, and I've tried many high end mascaras. It's easy to apply, the consistency is thick enough to create volume but not too goopy to make a mess. It's easy to remove, and doesn't smudge onto your lower lid like other mascaras do. One coat is all you need!

October 24, 2010

I absolutely love this mascara!!! I actually heard about it on YouTube , and of course being the makeup junkie that needs to be in rehab that I am, I decided to purchase. First, things first, I got this mascara at Wal-Mart for $5.00!! I also, bought Maybelline The Falsies (another review later) for the same price. The color that I purchased was "Glam Black" .

I was not too sure, that I would have the length and volume that was obtained in other reviews, but boy was I wrong. I mean, 2-3 coats max, and you'd swear I had some lashes on!! I like that the brush was able to separate the lashes pretty well. I know this is my own opinion, but my opinion is that you need to go and buy this mascara!!!

The smell for some reason puts me in the mind of Hyacinths, not bad :) I definitely give it a 5/5

September 13, 2010

This is my favorite mascara! I bought at Walgreens for about $6-7, and I have not stopped using it since! It was a bit thick at first, but over a short amount of time, the formula thins out just enough and becomes very easy to use. The brush is big and very full, packed with bristles. In the photo attatched to this review, I am wearing only ONE coat of the mascara, and as you can see, it gives very nice definition and length. I've applied several coats of this mascara and it makes my lashes look very thick and dark. The brush might take a little bit of time to get used to, but it really is an amazing mascara. that lasts all day and only flakes a little bit after several hours. The only downside is that in the beginning, it had a very strong scent of wine! This might be a plus for some people, but I personally don't care for the smell of wine. :P
    (Please note: The picture has a watermark for my blog, because the picture was used there in a separate post there earlier.)

September 02, 2010

Okay well i have extremely curly lashes but they are very like messy. I used this mascara and it really works. It really brings out my lashes and I think that it honestly looks good. The only thing is that if you don't wait long enough for it to dry, it will get all over your eye. Wait for it to dry and it will have a very good outcome overall.

August 17, 2010

Maybelline Colossal is my FAVORITE mascara! It gives me the biggest, bold lashes. It's one of those mascaras that you're going to want to buy constantly because it really does what it says it's going to do. It's very afforadble as well, so that's a big plus.

August 16, 2010

I love that mascara! The price is so cheep and it really gives me crazy lashes! Easy to take off but a star effect !

August 13, 2010

I've used many Mascaras ranging from high end brands to cheap drug store brands and I always fall back on Maybelline. I love all of the Mascaras that maybelline puts out. I love the thickness of this brush which allows for a lot of product to be put on with no clumping. It's a nice packaging and very cheap to purchase