McCain Deep 'n Delicious Vanilla Cake Reviews

Ranked #5 out of 100 in Frozen Desserts

Our vanilla cake recipe is sure to satisfy your craving for something sweet! The legendary Deep 'n Delicious® icing takes this heavenly and fluffy cake to the next level. After a long day at work, you deserve a little indulgence  – simply cut and enjoy!​​​

Recipe Suggestion: Vanilla Lemon Coconut Cake

June 06, 2017

Un gâteau vite fait et pas cher qui a un bon goût!
    Quoi demander de plus?
    et sans trace d'arachide en plus! un plus côté $ comparativement à des marques spécialistes

May 10, 2017

I love this cake and try to always have one in my freezer. It lives in the freezer, so you don't have to worry about it going bad, and yet you can cut and eat it immediately. There's no waiting for it to thaw, then worrying it'll go bad - just yummy marshmallowy goodness atop a good white cake.

May 05, 2017

I love McCain cakes ! I've always prefered the chocolate to the vanilla though, somthing about the cake kinda reminds me of a sponge. Not sponge cake...A sponge with icing on top, that being said if it's in the house I usually eat some but I don't usually but for myself.

May 01, 2017

I purchased this for my birthday a couple of years ago and it was so good ! So moist and creamy and amazing ! It's probably the best cake I've ever had . I Couldn't Believe how good it was . All 6 adults that had it , loved it . And of course all the kids enjoyed it as well . It's super cheap and a great option , especially if you're in a time crunch .

2.0/5

April 07, 2017

When I was a kid I LOVED this cake. Now? Not so much.

So the other day I was hit with a wave of nostalgia and decided to buy one of these cakes. The vanilla was always my favourite, I particularly have memories of this being a dessert add on to KFC meals. Anyway, I was really looking forward to splurging.

I don't know if my memories are just super clouded, if my taste buds have matured a LOT or if this cake has completely changed since I remember eating it, but it was pretty awful. Awful in that "geez, this tastes super artificial, plastic and bland" kind of way. The mouth feel of the frosting was kind of weird for me, not really oily, but over whipped and oddly strange tasting. I get that it's meant to be a marshmallow topping, how do you make a marshmallow taste like a cheap imitation of itself?

The cake itself is pretty mediocre but at least it seemed moist and had a recognizable vanilla flavour. Again though, it definitely has the taste of cheap ingredients; you don't get the sense that you are eating anything but oil and chemicals.

I possibly hated the "chocolate" sprinkles on top most of all. They don't taste like chocolate to me and have a terrible texture, kind of firm, kind of soft, kind of plastic like, kind of, well, unidentifiable, just like the flavour.

I think this is the worst review for a product I have written so far. I don't know how they are still making these cakes, I feel ripped off. Maybe the other flavours are better? Do yourself a favour, spend the $2-$3 on a Betty Crocker mix and frosting, for the money, that makes a superior cake 100 times over!

October 23, 2016

Out of all the McCain cakes the vanilla is the best. Not so much for the cake part, but the marshmallow topping icing is the best. It is sweet, but not grainy. It's like a cloud of heaven in my mouth. So good.

June 29, 2016

Mccain deep n delicious vanilla cake is one of my favorite classic flavours from the mccain frozen cake line.
    The vanilla flavour is not too sweet, so great for a cold sugar craving. I like that the cake is always moist once it is removed from the freezer and left to thaw, it becomes soft and enjoyable for all to eat.
    I like the taste of the whip cream on top and throughout, I like the crust of the cake, I like how easy it is to thaw and serve without causing much of a mess when cutting through. Great price too!
    Always find on sale somewhere.
    I enjoy how the vanilla cake is a hit for all occassions.

May 21, 2016

This cake isn't my favorite out of the McCain Deep 'n Delicious cakes, but it is decent. I found it kind of dry: much more dry than the chocolate or the marble ones. But the flavor is quite nice: a subtle hint of vanilla. Perfect along with a cup of tea or coffee. I also tried it with the recipe for the Vanilla Lemon Coconut Cake, and I think that really adds a lot to this cake. Makes up for it being a little bit dry.

May 20, 2016

Delicious, moist and creamy! I love this cake as an impromptu family treat or summer BBQ. All flavors are great but the vanilla is my favourite. And at about $5 a pop, you can't go wrong.

May 09, 2016

This such a wonderful cake, soft and mellow. It is a great combination of flavors and the icing is SO yummy! Have these all the time and the kids just get giddy for their slice. A must have in the freezer. LOVE!!