Nellie's All-Natural Laundry Soda Reviews
#284 in Laundry Care

January 16, 2018

Works Well Enough

I decided to switch to more natural laundry soap recently and this was my first experience using a powder detergent. I was happily surprised how well it managed to clean my clothes, but after a while I did notice that my white shirts were no longer white. We get our water from a well which has a lot of iron. Unfortunately because this formula does not have a whitening agent, our light laundry was starting to come out looking dirty still.

No fault of the laundry detergent for the minerals in our water, but something to keep in mind if you live on a well too!

October 16, 2017

A clean detergent!

I am so impressed with this product! It's roughly the same cost as the leading name brand, but it's actually fragrance free....and works!!!
    I've used other leading brand that are "free", but they don't clean.
    So good to know i am using a product on my super sensitive skin with minimal chemicals.

April 27, 2017

I got Nellie's washing soda after my first baby arrived. I got the biggest bucket available (1130 load from costco) together with the Nellie's brightener. I usually use both washing soda (detergent) and brightener (pre soak) together with white vinegar (softener) in my big front load washing machine. The ingredients are very simple, I follow the recommended dose for each load, no need to put more. I use it for all the laundry in my house and I did around 6 loads a week. My clothes come out clean, non scented, and most importantly not ruined (some detergents can ruin your clothes) they clean well just as my regular laundry packs. For food, poop, and other stains I usually pretreat them with oxy clean first then just dump them together with the rest of my load. I will continue on using and repurchase Nellie's aundry products.

March 20, 2017

Nellie's is incredible! Fantastic value and effectiveness! Wasn't sure such a little scoop would clean my clothes but was pleasantly delighted that it did! Lasts a long time, is FANTASTIC if you have sensitive skin (like we do) or are looking for a natural product that really cleans your clothes. Love Nellie's!!

March 14, 2017

J'adore le produit. J'utilise des couches lavables à la maison donc je dois faire du lavage à tous les deux jours. Ce produits est très économique pour moi. Pas besoin d'en mettre beaucoup. Mon mari a la peau sensible (excema) et mon fils a 6 mois et ce produit fonctionne très bien pour la famille. En plus de bien nettoyer, aucune odeur dans les couches (certaines connaissances ont des odeurs dans leur couche en utilisant du tide ou autre)

February 02, 2017

We got this detegent in preparation for baby's arrival. I wanted something completely irritant free. Got the 10L tub from costco.

It was really good at the beginning but after a while i started feeling that it wasnt cleaning well, the clothes would smell unclean even after they've been washed (sometimes going through two cycles). I then started adding more detergent but it didn't help. Eventually started alternating with another detergent (i think it was purex) which sort of kept things more or less in good condition.

To be honest i am not 100% certain if the problem is with the detergent or if it's my machine. I am hoping that this product performs better in a somewhat better washing machine. It didn't do well in our top-load.

The tub has lasted us a year, we washed both baby stuff and our own laundry with it, and there is still some left over. So it does last a very long time.

January 01, 2017

I'm so glad Costco carries this online, although if I time it right I can usually just pick up a large container when they have the Store Event at the local warehouse. It works great and it's low scent. A friend thought the "gluten-free" label was a joke or a gimmick but I explained to her that people with Celiac disease can have contact dermatitis from anything containing wheat. I know someone who has to be careful about which shampoo she buys because many contain wheat derivatives as thickening agents and it really irritates her scalp. Even though I don't personally have to worry about gluten, I like the fact that Nellie's doesn't contain harsh chemicals and synthetic fragrance (or even gluten!). And powder is better anyway - it's lightweight, better for the environment...why ship all that water around the planet? I also like the fact that Nellie's is constantly improving - they've recently switched up their dryer balls. I just bought some and will review them soon.

September 23, 2016

I saw an in-store demonstration of Nellies laundry product line and the results looked so great that I had to buy it, and I'm glad that I did. My clothes are clean and I am at peace of mind knowing that I am using an environmentally friendly product. The price is right because one small tin is good for 100 loads of laundry. Love it.....

March 28, 2016

I bought to product after the birth of my son. I was looking for a gentle laundry detergent without the heavy scent. I had read quite a few reviews and decided to take the plunge. I'm happy I did. This product exceeded my expectations. It cleans all of our clothes very well and I love that it is unscented. I also love that it lasts forever. I usually pick it up at Winners for a fraction of the price elsewhere.

February 10, 2016

I use Nellies washing soda for my babies laundry. It gets out all the nasty stains on the first try, and leaves her clothes clean without a strong perfume scent. I think I will be switching all of our detergent to Nellies now!