Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Sunscreen SPF30 Reviews

ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2019

April 06, 2021

Great sunscreen for dark skin

As a brown person, it is SO hard finding a sunscreen that works well for your skin without looking like a ghost. All previous drugstore sunscreens that I have tried have left a whitecast. However, Neutrogena's sunscreen doesn't leave any whitecast, spreads very smoothly, has a liquid texture, doesn't sting too much, and is a pretty blue colour.

December 03, 2020

LOVE LOVE LOVE !!!

Someone recommended me the sunscreen that is amazing to the skin. It leaves it Gloede but at the same time protected with the SPF 30. I recommend it hands-down for its price, effectiveness, quality and specifically what it does to my skin (leaving it hydrated and moisturized). honestly the best sunscreen out there

November 01, 2020

Feels weightless on the skin

Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for something very affordable and effective! It also smells as amazing as it feels, without leaving grey cast and oily texture.

January 30, 2020

My first gel sunscreen!

I had never tried a gel based sunscreen before and now I cant go back! It has a scent, but not like typical sunscreen, which I like, and it absorbs so fast and easy! It's not greasy so I love it for under my makeup and for my little guy!

November 08, 2019

My fav daily moisturizer with SPF

This is my winter day moisturizer with SPF. I just turned 30 and decided to get serious about skincare. As a black woman I never felt like I needed SPF, but decided to start using it because I use a retinoid and other actives that make my skin sun sensitive. This moisturizes and protects the skin in one step and does not leave a white caste. It is super moisturizing, unlike some other sun formulas and does not leave my skin feeling stiff. It also sits well under light foundation and a powder. I highly suggest!

October 01, 2019

Love it

As with other neutrogena sunscreens, this product does not disappoint! It's lightweight, easy to apply, not sticky, blends quickly into your skin and gives excellent sunscreen coverage. I used this all over my face and body throughout the summer. The gel is very cooling and makes reapplying a breeze. A 10 out of 10. I have already purchased more as it's the perfect sunscreen.

August 24, 2019

Fantastic sunscreen

I'm a huge fan of Neutrogena Hydro Boost products and found this sunscreen absolutely fantastic. Super light, absorbs quickly and has a great scent. I've put it on before spending 3 hours at the beach and no sun burn at all.
    Also bought a sunscreen to keep in car in case I forget to put it on.

August 14, 2019

Very nice non greasy sunscreen

This sunscreen is one of my favourites. It has a nice light scent. It’s non greasy and is soaks up in your skin. I apply this in the morning and it has great spf protection. I love this stuff. Never going back to life greasy sunscreen again.

August 13, 2019

My kids love this

My kids in particular have an aversion to stickiness when it comes to sunscreen applications. When I learned about the neutrogena hydroboost sun screen I was quick to give it a try! Boy were we impressed and happy with our purchase. We have been using it all summer and there is no going back at this point. It goes on the skin nicely with even application, allows for swimming with no burning and the touch of your skin after application is nearly dry- as though you didn’t put anything on at all! Exactly what we were seeking.

August 06, 2019

Moisturization and SPF in one!

I have been using this sunscreen for about a month now and just ran out. I will definitely be buying another bottle!

It goes on smoothly without greasiness or white marks. I was able to apply makeup over top and did not experience any irritation. Wherever I applied it, my skin felt moisturized and protected. I am very conscious about re-applying in a timely fashion regardless of which brand I'm using, so I did not burn while using it (although hard to say if that was because of the product specifically or just staying on top of my timing).

Either way, the fact that it was so gentle on my skin and did its job of sun protection is enough for me to be convinced. For the face I prefer a low aroma product and this is definitely less scented than the usual products. For the body I don't really mind either way, so I can see myself prioritizing this product for face for sure.

The whole Neutrogena Hydro Boost line has been a huge winner for me, and I own quite a few products from it. I would happily recommend them to anyone. Check it out for yourself!