Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Reviews

4.9/5
Ranked #147 out of 405 in Sun Protection

May 06, 2017

I used to only use the spf 50 liquid sunscreen from shisedo japan, because the existing affordable sunscreens in north america were too oily for my skin as well as unable to provide a comparable level of protection. Brands such as banana boat etc. They would clog pores and sit on the surface instead of getting absorbed by the skin, causing breakouts and unpleasant excess shine.

When I first saw Neutrogena introducing their dry-touch formula for sunscreen, it immediately found its place on my skincare list and the rest is history. Since then its been almost a decade later and I still buy this every single year despite the increase in price. I've tried different levels of spf levels with this product, and did not find any previous issues with the other branded sunscreens. Today there are other brands with similar products but I still consider the formula for this product best for me.

I usually get spf 45 and spf 60 depending on the activities of the day as well as seasonal factors. The higher spf does consist of a thicker texture but still very easy to spread over the entire face and neck, which is something I do appreciate for outdoor activities in the summer as well as dry cold climates during the wintertime. The product leaves a soft matte finish with a subtle lightened blur to the skin, making it perfect for days with little or no makeup. I just loved the silky smooth finish that does its job and does not give the craxy body builder glow. Its even better under makeup, because then I won't have to use any pore filling products and worry about pores clogging like I do with other branded products.

The fragrance is something I also really like about, which did not present as harsh artificial scented chemicals like many other brands do. I actually enjoy the smell of the formula for the product, which was not too floral or perfumed but just nicely balanced to give an extra touch to the experience when you let the product get absorbed.

(Yes, sunscreens need time to sink in for at least 10-15 mins before heading out for the best protection effects, so the after-application experience is also considered as part of this review)

I've recommended this product many times to my friends when I hear about their unwillingness to use sunscreens because of the oily feeling, and they have always been pleasantly surprised when I let them try mine. (I always carry one in my bag) Since they added the waterproof sunscreen for body to this line, that also became a must buy item for each summer.

January 26, 2016

I love this product, I have used it for years. The best part is that it doesn't clog your pores

July 16, 2015

Really good sunscreen find its not to heavy and I can actually use it on my face without a breakout

Luzy earned the Beauty Guru badge