Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Sunscreen SPF30 Reviews

May 23, 2019

Sun protection without grease film

For as long as I can remember, I hated sunscreen. I think that opinion has changed since I was introduced to Neutrogena's Hydro Boost SPF 30. I absolutely love the feeling of this gel sunscreen. After application, it dries up quite well leaving your skin feeling soft without the greasy feel of traditional sun lotions. I like that it doesn't clog my pores either. I would definitely repurchase this product and recommend it to my friends.

Updated On: May 23, 2019

Note: Sample provided for free.

NEUTROGENA HYDRO BOOST WATER GEL SUNSCREEN SPF30

It smells different compared to other sunscreens. It keeps my skin hydrated as well as protected from the sun. Since it is a water gel based sunscreen, you don't even realize it is there. It is a sunscreen that I can use also as a moisturizer. I got this product for free.

May 22, 2019

everything is good, except the smell

Thanks Chick Advisor to give me this product to try for free. True, for the coming summer time, the most important thing is Sunscreen. I personal perfer Asia style sunscreen, not oily, light weight. Actually the neutrogena hydro boost water gel is very light weight, and absorb very quickly, not oily at all, and mix perfectly with my foundation. The only thing that i do not like is the smell, so strong. If the smell can be a little light, this will be absolute the five star product.

Sunscreen without the scent

This is a great sunscreen, it’s not greasy or heavy, and has very little scent, which is great - I love the smell of most sunscreens, but I don’t always want to smell like I’m going to the beach. This sunscreen is great for leaving my skin protected, while also moisturizing.

Love this sunscreen!

This sunscreen is amazing. I love that it doesn't feel like sunscreen when you put it on. It also doesn't smell like sunscreen. A little goes a long way! I love the packaging on this and I think it's the perfect size to carry around. Would definitely recommend this to everyone!

Amazing sunscreen

I wanted to try out the Hydro Boost range from Neutrogena for a while now. The sunscreen and eye cream had my eye the most.

This sunscreen is non-greasy as it claims and works well in the humidity in my city. I love that it’s SPF 30 - just the perfect recommend SPF value!!

Lightest sunscreen I've ever used

This sunscreen is somewhat different from all the other brands I've used and I've used alot! I used this for a couple days as my daytime moisturizer and I must say I was impressed. It's an extremely light weight formula, leaves skin soft, protected, non-greasy and a very light sunscreen scent.

A great sunscreen

I got this product complimentary from chick advisor! I normally hate sunscreen but i actually love this one! It is so light weight and does not make your skin break out, and it helps moisturize your skin while the sun tries to dry it out!

LOVE It!

Note: I received this product from Chick Advisor for free in exchange for a product review.

I am a SUPER picky sunscreen wearer. I generally hate the feeling of sunscreen on my body and find it heavy, chalky and sticky feeling. I also find some sunscreens are not suitable for both body and face and like to try and find something that can work double-duty. I have been using another brand but I was excited to try Neutrogena's because I love the hydro-boost facial moisturizer. I was not disappointed in this at all - In fact I think I will keep this one and donate the other brand to my BF. This brand is really this and easily spreadable but still feels like sunscreen.

The texture is more like sunscreen than the hydro-boost gel lotion but that is to be expected. I spreads well and a small amount does my face and neck area. The bottle itself is small so I would like to see it come out in a larger size so that I don't run out as fast on my body. I liked it on my face, it did not feel too heavy and absorbed well. I did notice it felt greasy throughout the day on my face, which happens no matter what but seems to happen even more when I use sunscreen. It did not bother my eyes though, which is great.

I liked the bottle and the hole where the product comes out is very small so you don't get a lot out at a time, which is great because the product is a bit thinner.

Overall, I love this sunscreen. Where I am, the weather has not been super hot or super sunny yet so I have not been able to test it at the beach or on a super sunny day to test how often I would need to reapply, but in terms of how it feels absorbs, I loved it.

May 22, 2019

Great for dry skin and sensitive skin!

I received this products complimentary to test out from chickadvisor and neutrogena. When it comes to sunscreen I have a very hard time finding something that isn’t going to break me up or leave a white cast. This hydro boost line of water gel sunscreen is amazing . I love the consistency of this sunscreen because it absorbs right away and is so light weight. The scent is also nice and doesn’t have that strong sunscreen smell . I have very dry skin and I feel this gives me extra hydration without clogging my pores and breaking me out . It’s great under makeup and doesn’t leave any white cast . I love it and will repurchase this! I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a light weight hydrating sunscreen .