Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Sunscreen SPF30 Reviews

ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2019

April 06, 2021

Great sunscreen for dark skin

As a brown person, it is SO hard finding a sunscreen that works well for your skin without looking like a ghost. All previous drugstore sunscreens that I have tried have left a whitecast. However, Neutrogena's sunscreen doesn't leave any whitecast, spreads very smoothly, has a liquid texture, doesn't sting too much, and is a pretty blue colour.

December 03, 2020

LOVE LOVE LOVE !!!

Someone recommended me the sunscreen that is amazing to the skin. It leaves it Gloede but at the same time protected with the SPF 30. I recommend it hands-down for its price, effectiveness, quality and specifically what it does to my skin (leaving it hydrated and moisturized). honestly the best sunscreen out there

November 01, 2020

Feels weightless on the skin

Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for something very affordable and effective! It also smells as amazing as it feels, without leaving grey cast and oily texture.

February 09, 2020
    West Virginia, United States

Not for me

This product was okay but it wasn’t for me I needed something more hydrating than what this product was it left me still feeling a little dry but I know friends that it worked fine for

January 30, 2020

My first gel sunscreen!

I had never tried a gel based sunscreen before and now I cant go back! It has a scent, but not like typical sunscreen, which I like, and it absorbs so fast and easy! It's not greasy so I love it for under my makeup and for my little guy!

November 08, 2019

My fav daily moisturizer with SPF

This is my winter day moisturizer with SPF. I just turned 30 and decided to get serious about skincare. As a black woman I never felt like I needed SPF, but decided to start using it because I use a retinoid and other actives that make my skin sun sensitive. This moisturizes and protects the skin in one step and does not leave a white caste. It is super moisturizing, unlike some other sun formulas and does not leave my skin feeling stiff. It also sits well under light foundation and a powder. I highly suggest!

October 01, 2019

Love it

As with other neutrogena sunscreens, this product does not disappoint! It's lightweight, easy to apply, not sticky, blends quickly into your skin and gives excellent sunscreen coverage. I used this all over my face and body throughout the summer. The gel is very cooling and makes reapplying a breeze. A 10 out of 10. I have already purchased more as it's the perfect sunscreen.

September 24, 2019

Don't leave product in the sun

I got this product for free.

I took this sunscreen with us to Croatia (BRAC Island) this summer. It worked wonders if I put it on before going out. Absorbed quickly no scent did its job. Husband used it every day too with no hesitation. Left it out on washroom counter.
    However, I also took this product to the beach in a heat wave. Since it is water based and with the scorching heat it became a liquid and I mean a liquid that went everywhere didn't absorb fast enough. So to sum up put it on before going out in the sun and get a cream sunscreen for the beach in really hot weather.
    Lets just say husband was not at all impressed the day it was a liquid sunscreen day.

August 24, 2019

Fantastic sunscreen

I'm a huge fan of Neutrogena Hydro Boost products and found this sunscreen absolutely fantastic. Super light, absorbs quickly and has a great scent. I've put it on before spending 3 hours at the beach and no sun burn at all.
    Also bought a sunscreen to keep in car in case I forget to put it on.

August 14, 2019

Very nice non greasy sunscreen

This sunscreen is one of my favourites. It has a nice light scent. It’s non greasy and is soaks up in your skin. I apply this in the morning and it has great spf protection. I love this stuff. Never going back to life greasy sunscreen again.