Nivea Purifying Cleansing Gel Reviews
Ranked #47 in Facial Cleansers

September 10, 2017

Great product, great price

This cleanser is a really great value when you have oily/mix skin and don't have a big budget for your skincare routine. It's really cheap! This clean the skin very gently without drying it out which you don't want when your skin is oily. I recommend to use it with the toner and day cream from the same brand line for optimal result! :)

August 15, 2017

The only face cleanser I buy!

This product was made for me! I have been buying this product for years and would never dream of trying anything else now. Great for difficult skin that bounces from oily in the summer months to dry in the winter. Great product, great brand!

May 20, 2017

I have been using this cleanser 3x per week religiously for the last few years. I grew up with my mom using Nivea, and now I too use their entire facial and body line every day.

This gel is perfect for my combination skin, it thoroughly cleans and gently exfoliates. I don't ever feel like it strips my face of the natural goodness, and when I use it, it completely rinses off, there isn't a soapy film left behind. I also find that it keeps my acne at bay, I have fewer breakouts and the oil production is lessened. I get the best results when I use this in conjunction with their other combination skin products such as toner, Q10 serum and day/night moisturizer.

I have convinced a few of my friends to try Nivea and they too are now daily users. I can't say enough positive things about their skincare line. All their products are affordable and effective, for this reason, I will continue to carry this brand in my home.

April 10, 2017

Time to do some spring cleaning, cause Nivea Purifying Cleansing Ge-l is- in- the Pore house purifying it up!!!!

This is a cleanser for the oily to combination skin types. As I myself have the same I had become used to the same daily now 10 year old meh routine. I noticed it was that time again where as we age so does our skin and as i was entering in to my late 30's I was starting to resemble the younger 15 year old versioni of myself......that time when you hit pubecent years and develop those wonderful hormonal disturbances on your face....yup acne. Here I am 36 years old with non other than adult acne. I needed to adjust my daily regime with a new cleanser to help maintain and balance my unblanced state.

I went down to my favorite local Shoppers Drug Mart and didnt really know what I was looking for exactly; just kind of feeling it out cause I knew it was going to be hard to change a 10 year old habit of sorts.

I always seem to gravitate to the "GREEN" on the shelves first. It stands out from all the traditional blah whites and blues.
    There it was green, neatly packaged in a med sized 150ml container,with a beaded and bubbley like gel texture and the words that read .".Nivea"in capitalized white block letters encircled in dark blue with the underlying captioning that read" Purifying cleansing gel for combination to oily skin said to self "hmmmmm and took a chance "Ok lets do this" and it was added into my extensive inventory fr daily cleansing regimes.

To tell you the truth I was expecting it to be a complete failure and was talking down the use of a gel products tat I was basing my outdated ignorance on earlier hen day gossip circle information to the rather intelligently resculpted and tested versions of todays scientific findings.

I squeezed the gel into the palm of my hand I did the feel test . smooth and a transparent consistancy with what from afar on the shelf looked like bubbles are actually little peeling scrubbs of ocean algae. Not to abrasive at all I thought as I was applying it to my face. So the peeling scrubs are gentle enough to use daily but do the job of taking away impurities and deposits from the elements of our daily adventures. I rinsed and to my suprise my face felt happier tighter fresher and it felt like it could breathe. It felt younger I hadnt been feeling this at all for the first part of my 30's and now I know why it is important to revamp your routines with your aging cycles. I did not feel dry and this helped my tempermental skin get back to some balance with of course the use of a toner and moisturizer fallowing.

There was a con I did find with it- in my opinion- the packaging does make it a bit easier to overuse. When you squeeze squeeze with ease as you can spanthe shelf life of this, for in my case- about 2 months. So for no more than $11.99 retail for a 2 month supply it is worth a try even better yet when it goes on sale it is about $8.49 A happy find for a happier face anb a happier bank account!!!! All around win win!! this has homed my shelves consistantly for the last 3 years. I did try a few others just to switch it up but heres what my skin craves. Nivea Purifying Cleansing Gel gets a spot in the highest of ranks with this chick advisor! Enjoy!

March 29, 2017

This product is now part of my daily routine. I just love the refreshing cleaning feeling i have after using it. Its light smells wonderful and keeps my skin radiant and hydrated all day. I wash my face every morning with it in the shower as well as at night after removing my make up. Simply wonderful.

October 17, 2016

I have combInation skin with oily skin all around my t zone. I love this stuff, it cleanses well doesn't dry my skin out but at the same time combats the oil in my t zone. I love the smell and it also prevents me from breakouts due to its oil reducing properties. I really like all of the Nivea products and this one is definitely one of the tips of the list for me. I like the cool feeling of it as well. Wakes me up.

1.3/5

October 17, 2016

Didn't like this one the scent was to strong and made my face sting to much and couldn't massage it into my skin cause it was burning. Sadly doesn't work for me

June 03, 2016

A good cleanser for the summer time, I use this around the warmer months mostly, leaves me fresh and clean. This one is good for combination skin, so if you are looking for a cleanser for this skin type, this might one you may want to try out.

May 04, 2016

Since hitting puberty, I've had trouble with acne. I've tried so dozens of different products and none seem to work long term or clear it effectively. I had a gift card to a drug store, and decided on a whim to try out Nivea Purifying Cleansing Gel. I started seeing results very quickly and it makes my skin feel fresh and clean. I also love that it's infused with algae. It's very affordable and lasts such a long time. I've had the same bottle for 4 months, and I still have ~1/4th left. I definitely recommend this to anyone, especially if you have sensitive skin and want something that's really gentle but still provides a deep cleanse. I use this along with the Purifying Toner, and the Moisturizer.

March 04, 2016

This is my favourite of all the Nivea products. I do not wear a lot of makeup so am not using it as a makeup remover but rather a daily cleanser. I find it prevents oil build up, and leaves my skin looking clean and refreshed, it isn't a strong exfoliater, which I prefer as the really strong stuff tends to cause over production of oil, and therefore oillier skin.