NYX Eyeshadow Base - White Reviews

3.9/5
Ranked #302 out of 463 in Makeup

June 06, 2017

I have been using this eyeshadow primer for a long time now. Whenever I apply eyeshadow I always make sure to apply a primer to make the color pop and so it stays put during the day. Make sure not to apply too much or you will end up with some creases.

May 16, 2017

J'ai essayé la base pour ombres à paupière de Nyx en couleur blanche. J'ai adoré le produit, il augmente l'intensité de la couleur et il aide à mieux blender le tout. Seul bémol, il tient l'ombre à paupière pour environ huit heure. C'est bon mais pas assez pour moi :)

May 08, 2017

I love this primer. I generally use the primer when I'm using a light eyeshadow as it really does intensify the color. If you suffer from any redness on the eyes, I would highly reccomend using this as a base because it neutralizes the eyelid better than a regular primer would without colour.

The only thing I found with this particular primer is it did crease, but many hours lately. I have used primers that can go without creasing for 12 plus hours.

April 27, 2017

This is great eyeshadow base for colorful eyeshadow or shimmery eyeshadow, it really makes whatever eyeshadow you put overtop pop. Its a great price, and a great product. This wouldn't work on its own (without an eyeshadow overtop) because it will run throughout the day. However if used as a primer it makes any eyeshadow 10 times better.

April 25, 2017

For the price, it's quite amazing. I use this instead of a primer and it really makes the colors pop! As a fair skinned person, sometimes getting pale eyeshadows to pop is hard so this is my go to product for that. Plus the format and thickness means you get a ton of product for the cheap pricetag (a little goes a long way)

1.2/5

April 17, 2017

I bought this in black and was super excited to try it out. I was disappointed to find it left my eyes feeling oily and greasy as well as it creased with my makeup application. It didn't last as long or worked as week as other drug store eyeliner primers I've Used before

March 21, 2015

I love this product! It makes my eyes, and eye shadows stand out... My makeup is always beautiful, If I was to skip this step of putting on my NYX eye shadow base, my makeup would be a lot more dull and I wouldn't like it. If you want bold colours, PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT!

March 21, 2015

Okay first off it takes a bit to master the use, if you use too much it won't set and will crease, but if you don't use enough you don't get the colour pop that the white provides. It's a nice creamy consistency, it doesn't feel oily to me, yet I have dry/normal skin so I am not so sure about people with oily skin/eyelids. I do like that it makes eyeshadows more vibrant, and there is a lot of product in the jar, as you only need a teeny bit each time. I find that with some eye bases it can make the eyeshadow harder to blend out, but that is NOT the case with this one, it dries/sets so it's not sticky, so you can still blend your eyeshadow.

I do not recommend this for glitter eyeshadows as you have to let this product set for a minute to dry or it will crease, so the stickiness isn't there to hold glitter down. But for everyday normal eyeshadow, this product is awesome!

January 27, 2015

Although I'm on a hunt to try and replace the great but expensive Urban Decay product, I'm finding a few decent but not great product. This does seem to make shadow a bit brighter, but that might be it's sole merit. While my shadow did stay on a bit longer, I'm still creasing after a few short hours.

January 18, 2015

This base is really good and easy to blend. It makes your shadows really vibrant. It doesn't have a weird smell.