NYX Eyeshadow Base - White Reviews

Ranked #293 out of 433 in Makeup

April 25, 2017

For the price, it's quite amazing. I use this instead of a primer and it really makes the colors pop! As a fair skinned person, sometimes getting pale eyeshadows to pop is hard so this is my go to product for that. Plus the format and thickness means you get a ton of product for the cheap pricetag (a little goes a long way)

1.5/5

April 17, 2017

I bought this in black and was super excited to try it out. I was disappointed to find it left my eyes feeling oily and greasy as well as it creased with my makeup application. It didn't last as long or worked as week as other drug store eyeliner primers I've Used before

March 21, 2015

I love this product! It makes my eyes, and eye shadows stand out... My makeup is always beautiful, If I was to skip this step of putting on my NYX eye shadow base, my makeup would be a lot more dull and I wouldn't like it. If you want bold colours, PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT!

March 21, 2015

Okay first off it takes a bit to master the use, if you use too much it won't set and will crease, but if you don't use enough you don't get the colour pop that the white provides. It's a nice creamy consistency, it doesn't feel oily to me, yet I have dry/normal skin so I am not so sure about people with oily skin/eyelids. I do like that it makes eyeshadows more vibrant, and there is a lot of product in the jar, as you only need a teeny bit each time. I find that with some eye bases it can make the eyeshadow harder to blend out, but that is NOT the case with this one, it dries/sets so it's not sticky, so you can still blend your eyeshadow.

I do not recommend this for glitter eyeshadows as you have to let this product set for a minute to dry or it will crease, so the stickiness isn't there to hold glitter down. But for everyday normal eyeshadow, this product is awesome!

January 27, 2015

Although I'm on a hunt to try and replace the great but expensive Urban Decay product, I'm finding a few decent but not great product. This does seem to make shadow a bit brighter, but that might be it's sole merit. While my shadow did stay on a bit longer, I'm still creasing after a few short hours.

January 18, 2015

This base is really good and easy to blend. It makes your shadows really vibrant. It doesn't have a weird smell.

November 27, 2014

This is exactly like the infamous NYX Jumbo Shadow Pencil in Milk -- except this is in a pot form. I don't suggest wearing this on its own -- it's not 100% budge-proof. That said, I LOVE this over a sheer primer (like Too Faced Shadow Insurance, UDPP, etc.). It evens out the color of the lids and makes my eyeshadow very vibrant. The consistency/texture of this is nice -- smooth, easy to apply, and so on. Overall, and for the price, definitely a great product to keep in your makeup arsenal.

August 09, 2014

I'm all about having my eye-shadow stay and after reading many good reviews about nyx eye-shadow base I decided to give it a try. I find that it creases a lot and doesn't keep the eye-shadow on for a while. I don't recommend this to people if you have oily skin.

January 09, 2013

This Eyeshadow base is top notch in my opinion! I love it because,not only does it help my shadow stay in place, and keep from creasing, but it makes my eyeshadow pigments MUCH brighter! The colors really pop when I use this underneath. It's easy to apply, and has a nice creamy texture that is easily spread over eyelid and brow bone. I ordered from Amazon.com for about 7 dollars. Will definitely recommend this to my girlfriends!

January 18, 2012

To get the maximum brilliant color of eye shadow on your eye, an eye primer is a must! Apply eye shadow base to eyelids, then apply NYX’s high-pigmented eye shadows and see the colors pop with vibrant and sparkling luster. Eye shadow base grabs and firmly holds finely milled powder so the color in the pot is what ends up on your eye - without a pinch lost. (Cherry Culture)

Verdict: At first, I was a bit hesitant with the color, but i was surprised as it even made the color of my lids a bit lighter. I first applied concealer, foundation, and loose powder and all those stuff for my face then this just right before I apply my eyeshadow. Then lo and behold, the eyshadows stayed put all day without creasing or even fading!

Overall: 8/10 retail price is $6. Worth the money as it had kept my eyeshadow intact. Will definitely buy again.