• NYX Nude Matte Shadow
Good

NYX Nude Matte Shadow Reviews

Ranked #918 out of 1398 in Eye Shadow

April 20, 2017

I think this is a great line of matte shadows. It's hard to find a matte shadow that is pigmented with little fall out. I love the Blame it on Midnight Shade has a crease colour.

2.3/5

November 07, 2014

NYX used to be one of my favorite drugstore makeup brands, but I feel like they've been slacking recently. These shadows cost $4.50USD -- I can't seem to find the amount of product on the packaging.
    I was in need of a matte black single eyeshadow to set my eyeliner and wanted to try something new. I picked up two of these: Betrayal (a dark, cool brown) and Stripped (a dark, grayish black). The shadows are soft and they blend nicely, but they aren't very pigmented. I feel like I need a lot of product to get the color I see when I look at the product in the pan. The shade Stripped is the darkest color in the line, the only "black," and it's more of a dark gray, which was really disappointing. Another issue I have with these is that it's hard to see the colors without opening the packaging. Obviously, you can't open the shadows in the store and there aren't always testers. I do not feel like these colors are true to their appearance, and that really bugs me -- you think you're getting one thing, but you're really getting another. Overall, I don't like these -- the not-pigmented thing is a big problem.

Legalization

carlyporteous has posted in the forum topic
    WHAT DO YOU USE COCONUT OIL FOR?

Hairstylists